R&B Music

Pimpin

Resident Hip Hop Junkie
Ok I searched over 10 pages of the music topics on this site & couldn't find anything about R&B Music. Me personally even though hip-hop is always gonna be number 1 to me I listen to today's R&B music like artists like R Kelly, Bobby Valentino & K-Ci & JoJo. Anyways now what are your thoughts on just R&B in general?

R&B is actually one of my favorite types of music. There are so many good R&B artists out there today as I feel it's really growing. Of course many of them end up being one hit wonders and you never hear from them again.
My favorites are ever are R. Kelly and especially Usher who never ceases to amaze me with the amount of #1 hits he can produce on every album. Kanye has also caught my eye...or my ear I guess...in the last couple years and I really like his work too. T-Pain is another who I think is getting better and better.

My favorite R&B artists are Ne-Yo and Boyz II Men. I still listen to old BIIM songs like "It's Hard to Say Goodbye" and "End of the Road." I didn't think much of Ne-Yo when he first came out but that's changed. His Year of the Gentlemen album was one of the best in 2008. There may never be another R. Kelly but I can see Trey Songz being close. He has sort of that R. Kelly voice and I can see him being the best in 5-10 years.

I remember my favorite song for the longest time when I was a kid was "Last Night" by Az Yet. Az Yet, unfortunately, just ended up being a 'One Hit Wonder' with this song, but it still remains a favorite of mine and probably ends up being my favorite R&B Song of all time.

[youtube]aFTZTzdVNXo[/youtube]

I'm also a fan of a lot of R. Kelly's music, old school KC & JoJo, some Ginuwine, and Usher's 8701 album.

I remember my favorite song for the longest time when I was a kid was "Last Night" by Az Yet. Az Yet, unfortunately, just ended up being a 'One Hit Wonder' with this song, but it still remains a favorite of mine and probably ends up being my favorite R&B Song of all time.

[youtube]aFTZTzdVNXo[/youtube]

I'm also a fan of a lot of R. Kelly's music, old school KC & JoJo, some Ginuwine, and Usher's 8701 album.

Love that song....Sad they became a one-hit wonder cause they could have really put out more great songs.

Modern R&B does nothing for me. The best of today's R&B can't hold a candle to classic R&B. Everything about R&B today, whether it be the manufactured beats or the "enhanced" vocals just leaves me cold in comparison to the soulful vocals and warm soundscapes of classic R&B.

I love, love, love, LOVE R&B from the 1980s and 1990s! I am definitely a fan of R. Kelly (my favorite R. Kelly album is his self-titled one, which was released in 1996), New Edition, Aaliyah, Keith Sweat, Janet Jackson, Dru Hill, Ginuwine, Toni Braxton, Mariah Carey, Boyz II Men, Jodeci, and, my all-time favorite R&B group, TLC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back