Quickiest feet work/Martial Arts Style in Wrestling?!!

Xtreme_Animlas2314

Pre-Show Stalwart
Quickiest feet work/Martial Arts Style in Wrestling?!!

I've always wonder who was the quickiest because theirs been only a few that I know that fit this sort of style. Rob Van Dam, X-Pac, Tajiri, Ultimo Dragon, and Low Ki/Kaval/Senshi.

I might be misleading or not sure what I am actaully trying to get here.

The thing is that I've seen all of these face each other one of another for the most part in their career. I always thought they all mesh well. I know some will say that X-pac doesn't fit this style or theory. His matches with Tajiri were great though. Even thought during the Invasion with RVD and Hardy was pretty good as well but Hardy doesn't use his feet like RVD does.

Dragon is sometime in a whole different catagory then others. Low Ki is a great talent and most people know who he is.

These five wrestlers are the ones that I can think of who uses their feet more. RVD isn't as good as he was like a few years ago, same can say about X-Pac as well.

Tajiri and Dragon are kind of up in the air because I still think they can go with just about anyone and still is quick. Its been awhile since I've seen either one in a match.

Low Ki is still young to a stint but his style isn't the same as he was in TNA because WWE tune him down some. Like they did with Dragon when he first arrived in the WWE.

The main question and focus is who has the quickiest feet work?! If their others that better then what I came up with please feel free to share.

Thoughts?!

The best was Earnest "The Cat" Miller. He was awesome in WCW he was just misused. I think he could have been main event talent if WCW wouldn't have been stupid. Oh well but he was good.

Steve Blackman... he was awesome and very fun to watch. He did mixed martial arts with great speed

Without a doubt the quickiest / greatest foot work in wrestling belongs to one half of the BEST Tag Team in Pro Wrestling The "American Wolves" Davey Richards ! Watch his matches not only does he deliver quick shots with his feet but they are the hardest kicks I have ever seen in my 30+ years of watching wrestling . I see your point with names like RVD , X Pac , Ultimo Dragon and Senshi (Kaval) . They all have great foot work but can't touch Davey Richards in intensity . Davey Richards when he delivers a kick makes u believe he's trying to take the guy out with that kick . All of the others mentioned so far I agree have great footwork but it was mostly flashy foot work Davey doesn't do alot of flashy footwork his foot work is intense and deliberate .

Probably my favourite from that genre would be Steve Blackman. I think few manage to make the style look realistic, but he achieved that.

Waltman is a good shout. His "educated feet" were fairly entertaining. When he was on his game, he could go. It's not really a style I like, but I didn't mind him.

Incidentally I always thought The Cat was fucking garbage. The thought of him puts me to sleep.

Yeah, I'm gonna have to say Davey Richards. His kick are not only quick as hell, but look stiff as I've ever seen. I'm sure that there are guys in Japan who make Richards kicks look like love taps, but I think he has the best in America. Low Ki had sone pretty sick kicks too, but I honestly have yet to see his work as Kaval, so I don't even know if he is still allowed to use that Japanese Strong Style in the E.

I havent seen enough of Davey Richards to comment on him really. From what I have seen, yeah hes pretty brutal with his kicks. They look brilliant and really painful!!

But for me, when I think of martial arts and wrestling, I think of 2 people.

Rob Van Dam

Back in the late 90s and turn of the millenium, RVD was something special in wrestling. He was so innovative with his feet-based offense and performed styles of kicks that I had never seen before. Some of his spin kicks were spectacular and my eyes nearly popped out of my head when I first saw the Van Daminator.

However....he is not the fastest I have seen in a wrestling ring.

That honour belongs to Steve Blackman.

Blackman was awesome! He was a legitimate martial arts expert, and everything he did was so smooth and stylish. He could take a person apart with his kicks, perfectly aimed to each specific part of the body. He was incredibly quick ,and combined with his work with the kendo stick and 2 smaller sticks, and his martial arts style punches.

Blackman was one of the guys who made the WWF Hardcore decision so entertaining, and I am surprised we never really saw him pop up anywhere else after leaving the WWE

They weren't the most powerful, but I always remember Sean Waltmans kicks as being very quick, especially when he first broke into WWE. RVD's were very innovative and spectacular, but sometimes it seemed to take a while for him to get into position to deliver them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back