Queens of the Stone Age

Bentallica

Work in progress
I'm really starting to get into their music. They have a bit of a different sound than a lot of rock bands of today, and remind a lot of some older bands. Anyone else like them?

I like them. I wouldn't say they're my favorite band, but I definatly do like them. I like the album "Songs For The Deaf" much better than 3's and 7's or w/e it's called. I have to agree with ya that they definatly do have a different, almost older sounding sound to them. If you like music videos watch the one for No One Knows. All I have to say about it is a deer punching people in the face. That video got several laughs out of me.

They're a great band, that doesn't get alot of credit. One of the better newer bands. Their last album was fuckin' great, great stuff. As well as their first album.

I think people just think of them as "that band that had Dave Grohl as the drummer for ten minutes". They're so much more though.

I'm already anticipating their next album. One of the few new rock bands that aren't total garbage.

Queens Of The Stone Age are a great rock band. Not exactly the most popular, but one of the best, nonetheless. Their latest album I thought was awesome. Not as good as 'R', or possibly 'Songs For The Deaf', but was one of the better albums coming from rock in 2007. A lot of people do have mixed reactions on it. I've seen people praise it as a great achievement, and seen others call it a complete dissapointment. So it's one of those albums where you have to really have an opinion of your own.

QOTSA are definately NOT your generic rock band. To me, their sound, sounds like it's being directed to a teenage audience. Lyrics on the other hand are much different, and get quite serious. Something a parent may be a bit reluctant to give their 13 year old child to listen to, if they were aware of it.

At the end of the day, I think it's just good music. Looking forward to their next album when it comes out. Should be good.

Here are some songs to check out if you haven't heard a lot of them:
Better Living Through Chemistry
Feel Good Hit Of The Summer
You Think I Ain't Worth a Dollar But I Feel Like a Millionaire
Go With The Flow
3's and 7's
Sick, Sick, Sick

I haven't heard practically anything from 'Lullabies To Paralyze' by the way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back