Quality on today's animated programs

Gabriiel07

Dark Match Winner
Cartoons, if you didn't watch those as a kid, I think you could say you didn't have a childhood. For me, cartoons were the best in television when I was a kid. I didn't need drama series or sitcoms, I just needed to see Tom chasing Jerry to be satisfied. There were also some animated programs that were for mature people, like The Simpsons, Futurama, South Park, etc.
Well, that was a long time ago, and now I watch other things on television. But I was curious to see how cartoons have changed through time, so I decided too see for myself. The Simpsons, Spongebob, and even South Park disappointed me on their more recently seasons. Futurama is still great, and is a light of hope for me. Good thing that they still have reruns when they were better, especially SpongeBob.
For the new original cartoons, well Nickelodeon isn't the same for me, the only cartoon I was able to see for a complete episode was The Penguins of Madagascar, and that is based on a movie. Cartoon Network is doing pretty good, they have a bunch of cartoons with interesting animation, but a good quality when it comes to the script. Disney has Phineas and Ferb, that's all. There are other animated shows that are acquired, like Batman: The Brave and The Bold, The Clone Wars, My Little Pony: FiM, all great shows, and there are even more animated programs coming that sounds good (Legend of Korra). So I still have hope in them.
But, for me, animated programs were better before than they're now.

So that's my opinion on today's animated programs.

What do you think about them?
Were they better before?
Do you still care about them?
What new cartoons do you like?

Well I will say this, Who are we to be complaining about cartoons today? They're for the kids not us,

Are they? For me the best cartoon is one that a kid and his parents can enjoy together, like for example, my father and I used to watch together old cartoons like Tom & Jerry, Bugs Bunny cartoons, even SpongeBob, and we both enjoy them.

Are they? For me the best cartoon is one that a kid and his parents can enjoy together, like for example, my father and I used to watch together old cartoons like Tom & Jerry, Bugs Bunny cartoons, even SpongeBob, and we both enjoy them.

Yes but in the long run you're not going to care about those cartoons, The kids are the ones where a week passes they still will be talking about that cartoon, They're not meant for you to enjoy, Adults will watch the cartoon with their kids then move on with life.

Yes but in the long run you're not going to care about those cartoons, The kids are the ones where a week passes they still will be talking about that cartoon, They're not meant for you to enjoy, Adults will watch the cartoon with their kids then move on with life.

You may be surprised, but there are some cartoons that adults actually care of. For instance, my father actually cared for the story of Avatar: The Last Airbender, an original Nicktoon. He even sometimes watched it without me. You may say that Avatar isn't really a cartoon, but it sure was, only one that actually was damn good.

You may be surprised, but there are some cartoons that adults actually care of. For instance, my father actually cared for the story of Avatar: The Last Airbender, an original Nicktoon. He even sometimes watched it without me. You may say that Avatar isn't really a cartoon, but it sure was, only one that actually was damn good.

There's a difference in cartoon and animation, Avatar: The Last Airebender is animation yes but it's not a cartoon, cartoons are animation created for comedy.

There's a difference in cartoon and animation, Avatar: The Last Airebender is animation yes but it's not a cartoon, cartoons are animation created for comedy.

Well, the purpose of this topic was to compare the quality of animation in your days as a kid and today, and with animation I mean all of it. I used cartoons for an example because, well I like them and I guess that's it.

I love animation and I personally believe that the art isn't necessarily only for children.
Many of the cartoons that I liked (as many are today) are driven by the toy industry. Many cartoon shows are done to help sell a product.

What do you think about them?

I love the art and still enjoy a few that are out there. My favourites when I was a child were Transformers, Spider Man, Spider Man and his Amazing Friends, He Man, ThuunderCats among others. I was driven to action themed stuff as most boys I knew were.

Were they better before?

It's hard to answer that. I mean many of the cartoon programs around today have to conform to a number of different regulations that weren't as strict back then. Some recent programs like YuGiOh etc., I never understood. I think some shows have awesome animation (regular and computer) some have just the most simple animation styles imaginable. I look back at my favourites and the storylines are so absurd I can't understand how I could found these stories plausible. But then I remember it was just a cartoon and I was a child. I think the art form has gained more respect than it had when I was a child and more actors are turning to it as a means to make a living.

Do you still care about them?

I do. It's an underappreciated art and I believe it isn't just a children's art form.

What new cartoons do you like?

Clone Wars, Thundercats 2011, Young Justice, Transformers Prime.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back