• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

PWInsider's Mike Johnson on WrestleZone's Main Page

The Dragon Saga

Whale in a Teardrop
Mike Johnson is doing an AMA on Reddit and if you know the community there then you know the two websites which gain the most criticism are Bleacher Report and the fellows on the WZ main page. Johnson whose one of the better guys in "wrestling journalism" was asked:

How do you feel about the WrestleZone website and do your thoughts on Josh Isenberg one of the ********s that run the website.

And his response:

I don't know who he is, sorry.
As you can imagine, I have nothing but disgust and pity for websites that rip off others' hard work. If they spent the time actually doing what we do at http://www.pwinsider.com (and others do), they could actually be legitimate media sources and not something wasting the time of fans that want to read and know about the business - as well as hurting the bottom line of small businesses like our site that need every penny to keep maintaining what we do - or to grow bigger. We live and die on every reader - and that's the truth. We also work our asses off to try and give everyone - whether they are a paid subscriber or a reader of the free site - more than their money's worth. For sites to rip off readers that are looking for a good experience - and ripping off the hard work of others - well, I have no respect for that.

http://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCirc...hnson_from_pwinsidercom_coproducer_of/ccbgu1q

Well, now we await Mike Killam's response at the least, cause the others sure as fuck won't defend their site.

On a side note, why do people pay for wrestling news? Not that it's wrong or I don't think it's useful, it all comes down to wrestling. I understand there are hardcore wrestling fans, and plenty of s/marks out there waiting for the news/updates from wrestling news sites such as WZ and PWI, but I don't get why people would pay for that.

Mike Johnson is doing an AMA on Reddit and if you know the community there then you know the two websites which gain the most criticism are Bleacher Report and the fellows on the WZ main page. Johnson whose one of the better guys in "wrestling journalism" was asked:

And his response:

http://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCirc...hnson_from_pwinsidercom_coproducer_of/ccbgu1q

Well, now we await Mike Killam's response at the least, cause the others sure as fuck won't defend their site.

I've been saying this about the main site and Dave Meltzer for about a year now

On a side note, why do people pay for wrestling news? Not that it's wrong or I don't think it's useful, it all comes down to wrestling. I understand there are hardcore wrestling fans, and plenty of s/marks out there waiting for the news/updates from wrestling news sites such as WZ and PWI, but I don't get why people would pay for that.

When I worked for WrestlingINC they gave me access to the paid versions of PWInsider and F4WOnline. Every now and then you get something interesting but a majority of it is either opinion or discussion from people who have ties within the business. So far this year the one thing I used my access from writing for another site to get for free was Jim Cornette's PWI interview where he discussed his time in ROH. After that, nothing has drawn me to them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back