PWI TOP 500 - Revealed

Don't get me wrong, I'm not talking about performance. Hardy was world champion twice, main evented TNA's biggest event and was at the forefront of Immortal. Styles has been a midcarder this year with only a TV Championship to his name.

Victory Road was hideous, but it doesn't stop Hardy from having had a successful year.

Good thing it's not my list. He wouldn't be on it. That's how big of a fuck up that was.

I would love to know who put Daniel Bryan over Dolph Ziggler!

Dolph Ziggler won the freaking world championship and was Intercontinental Champion for most of the time between 2010.
Dolph Ziggler also had a match at 'Mania, overall way better year than the former forgettable USA Champion.

Who made the list was really fucked up...

So Bo Rotundo whose sole accomplishment during this time was being the shortest reigning FCW champion in history is 100 or so places above Lucky Cannon, the guy who beat him for the title, was still holding it at the cutoff and has been on international TV? I hate them both but that's ******ed. Do the people who made that list even watch FCW?

So Bo Rotundo whose sole accomplishment during this time was being the shortest reigning FCW champion in history is 100 or so places above Lucky Cannon, the guy who beat him for the title, was still holding it at the cutoff and has been on international TV? I hate them both but that's ******ed. Do the people who made that list even watch FCW?

Probably not, seeing as how pretty much no one watches FCW

There is no fucking way the Great Kahli had a better year than Steve Corino! I'm pretty sure Randy Savage had a better year than him... Pardon the dark humor, but there is no way that Kahli should be anywhere near where he is. It's not because I hate him (and I do), but he was out for the majority of the time! He appeared on Raw like 2 times the entire period he was drafted there, and barely showed up on Smackdown before the cut-off date ends for the PWI500... Absolute bullshit. Jerry Lawler, Steve Corino, even fucking JTG had a better year, and are subject to the ludicrous placement of a guy who can barely walk around the ring, has 3 moves in his arsenal, and has never sold a punch in his life.

Probably not, seeing as how pretty much no one watches FCW

Then why the fuck do they include FCW guys then? Now I can gripe about them not noticing guys until they appear in a major fed. I mean it's not like Justin Gabriel wasn't a standout performer since 2005, 5 years before PWI realised he existed, or guys who debut in the top half of the list were much worse the year before. But if you're ignorant about a promotion don't fucking include guys from that promotion. At least that way the ignorance is consistent.

How Ray Gonzales toppled the likes of Perro Aguayo, Electroshock, Jerry Fucking Lawler and his far superior co-worker, Shane The Glamour Boy, I'll never know.

Scarry Garry is the lowest I've seen, I think. Worked a show with him, a few years ago. I was reffing for a friends promotion, and Garry was booked. Nice guy.

Who the fuck cares about Jeff on the list? Really?

Prince FUCKING Devitt was put at #73. Prince Devitt, who had one of the best kayfabe seasons of anyone in pro wrestling, was put behind Tommy Dreamer and Brother Devon. What a fucking joke.

2 Aussies are in this list...one being #210 Hartley Jackson, he works for the promotion im with and #272 Ryan Eagles whose my trainer and owner of PWA Australia, both these wrestlers i know personally.

AJ Styles, who I think has been #1 in the past, now at #24. And to think in another thread where we were discussing if he is being underutilized or not, some guys actually argued that he wasn't.

AJ Styles @ 24, RVD & Hardy well above him, kinda makes this list a bit of a joke.

Keep in mind the dates taken into account for this list. I could be wrong, but I think AJ was hurt for a good portion of that while Jeff Hardy was given the keys to the car that is TNA with RVD sitting in the back seat quietly as the police officer asks Jeff if he has been drinking tonight.

The list is clearly mostly bullshit. I say mostly, because there's at least some merit to the list... Miz certainly is deserving of the top spot, Orton is probably more deserving of two than Cena, and therefore Cena comes in at third... but then Kane at four? He had a sub-mediocre title reign before once again disappearing into obscurity. Just because he finally got that coveted title run that a small group has been clamoring for doesn't mean he's the fourth best wrestler of 2010. I'd argue that Rey Mysterio, Edge, RVD, Hardy, Wade Barrett... let's just say a lot of people had better years than he.

You saw my defense of the PWI putting Hardy and RVD above AJ... why the fuck aren't they ahead of Ken Anderson though? The dude had one title reign that lasted a little over a month, and he's still proven to be a shit wrestler. Perhaps my hatred of the guy is blinding me to whatever other accomplishments he may have, but putting him over Hardy and RVD, as well as a handful of other people, is a joke.

I'll finish by reiterating Nate's sentiments about how the list seems to be drawn at random at certain points, and I would agree. In what way did Vladamir Kozlov have a better year than Santino Marella? Why is Ted DiBiase Jr. at 68 when 2010 proved how useless he was as he went from one embarrassing storyline to the next, losing a feud to Goldust of all people... and if The Great Khali is going to make the list despite probably competing in less than 10 matches between the dates given by PWI, then who shouldn't be on the list? By the way, Khali is ranked way up at 105, ahead of Zack Ryder, Delirious, and a handful of Japanese stars that are almost undoubtedly more deserving of that rank than Khali.

I suppose I can agrew with the top 20, just not the order they're in. And, I'm pretty sure Taker has had the same amount of matches as Khali anyway. The list is a little random after the first 20 or so.

After around 200 this list becomes absolutely worthless, with a few exceptions

Some of the names of the lower ranked wrestlers are appalling

402- Bazooka Joe

452- Leslie Leatherman

453- CUJO The Hell Hound

455- American Kickboxer II

471- Fred Flash

486- Jimmy The Hippy

Jesus

Also, Axl Rotten at 440? Didnt even know he was still wrestling. Obviously doing very well

After around 200 this list becomes absolutely worthless, with a few exceptions

Some of the names of the lower ranked wrestlers are appalling

402- Bazooka Joe

452- Leslie Leatherman

453- CUJO The Hell Hound

455- American Kickboxer II

471- Fred Flash

486- Jimmy The Hippy

Jesus

Also, Axl Rotten at 440? Didnt even know he was still wrestling. Obviously doing very well

at 210 and 272 theres to Australian wrestlers i know and the one at 272 is my trainer so its not totally worthless.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back