• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Puro fans, UNITE!

Love The Hooligans and Time Splitters but sick of seeing them face one another at this point.

Well you somewhat get your wish since Shelley has been injured so Taka and Taichi will face the champs instead.

In other news Kota Ibushi has now signed with NJPW, in a unique scenario he's now signed to two promotions at the same time! Pretty neat.

Well you somewhat get your wish since Shelley has been injured so Taka and Taichi will face the champs instead.

In other news Kota Ibushi has now signed with NJPW, in a unique scenario he's now signed to two promotions at the same time! Pretty neat.

CAPTAIN Taichi!

Good for Kota. Sure, he's a spot monkey of the highest order, but he's a fun one.

Yeah, can't believe I'm saying it but I'm glad Shelley picked up that injury. He'll be back in a few weeks but this means I don't have to see Hooligans/Time Splitters #23 in the last year and a half. Still expect Hooligans to retain against TAKA and Taichi.

Why do tag teams Shelley's in always end up facing the same teams over and over? TNA were able to put together an entire DVD of nothing but their matches vs Beer Money, for example.

I think it's more-so New Japan's booking. Right now the hottest teams are Hooligans and Time Splitters, they keep delivering but the last two times have been pretty much the same match. What they need is another team or two in there, Taichi and TAKA add to it but their not exactly a replacement for Apollo 55.

In one year Alex Shelley has suffered:
  • broken teeth
  • a cracked skull
  • a paralysed vocal cord
  • a herniated disc

That's a hell of a year.

I saw him say that and that he regrets none of it because the last year has been the best of his career. So happy for the dude, he deserves everything he gets.

So I've heard NJPW has basically been shitting on all other promotions by putting out show after show of amazing awesomeness with five star matches? What can my good puro friends recommend for a man out of the loop for a bit?

Simply search "Prince Devitt vs. Hiroshi Tanahashi" and something of substance will emerge. Anything to do with Devitt's group Bulletclub is good, Tomosho Ishii vs. Hirooki Goto, Ishii vs. Kojima, Nakamura vs. Davey Boy Smith Jr, a lot more. NJPW has been on fire.

So I've heard NJPW has basically been shitting on all other promotions by putting out show after show of amazing awesomeness with five star matches? What can my good puro friends recommend for a man out of the loop for a bit?

Okada. Just watch Okada. Okada is amazing.

The Rainmaker is our new god. Bow to him and he will give you plenty.

Yeah I was listening to some old Meltzer radio show earlier and he was talking about this year's 1/4 show being probably the best ever. That's pretty high praise. I figured my boy Devitt would continue to rip shit up. How did the break-up with Taguchi go? I bet they had some gnarly matches. I've also heard DB Smith's been doing much better overseas. His style seems more suited to the Japanese ring anyways. I didn't even realize Kojima was back with New Japan, that's how far behind the times I am.

Gonna go overdose on some New Japan this week methinks. I miss strong style.

Yeah I was listening to some old Meltzer radio show earlier and he was talking about this year's 1/4 show being probably the best ever. That's pretty high praise. I figured my boy Devitt would continue to rip shit up. How did the break-up with Taguchi go? I bet they had some gnarly matches. I've also heard DB Smith's been doing much better overseas. His style seems more suited to the Japanese ring anyways. I didn't even realize Kojima was back with New Japan, that's how far behind the times I am.

Gonna go overdose on some New Japan this week methinks. I miss strong style.

[YOUTUBE]OMXkGIUFOdw[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]OHdcj5e_TuY[/YOUTUBE]

This'll give you a good jist of what Devitt is doing right now. Aside from this hes also holding the IWGP Jr. Hvy title and is chasing the IWGP Heavyweight title from Okada. Hes had some great matches and a feud with Tanahashi but it's at the point where its going to end now.

Bunch of random Japanese news has happened lately. First off, NJPW announced that they will have the Super Jr. Tag tournament this year. The first round matches will be on October 25 and semifinals and finals on November 6. The first round match ups are:
1.KUSHIDA & Yohei Komatsu vs BUSHI and Valiente
2. Brian Kendrick and Barreta vs The Young Bucks
3. Jushin Thunder Liger and Tiger Mask IV vs Jado and Gedo
4. Taka Michinoku and Taichi vs Rocky Romero and Alex Koslov

Second, Low Ki has announced his retirement due to the injury he suffered during his match against Akebono. Also, there's rumors going around the dirt sheets that Low Ki tried to fight Hikaru Sato backstage at an All Japan show and because of this All Japan now wants nothing to do with Low Ki. If that's true I find it hilarious that Low Ki tried to fight someone who used to be a legit MMA fighter.

King of Pro Wrestling was a great show! The Ishii vs Shibata rematch was excellent as expected, their first encounter was better but of course how on earth could they top what was done previously? Still a very good match!

Nakamura vs Marafuji for the IC title was also excellent with some great timing on the spots.

The main event. Tanahashi vs Okada, well when you have these two how on earth can you have a bad match? It was wonderful, the finishing sequence in particular I was marking out big time! In Japanese wrestling they really have mastered the art of near falls.

However something worries me about the outcome of the main event I'll put it in spoiler tags, this was something I read so I don't know if it's true, can someone please confirm or deny this?

In the buildup to this feud, Tanahashi supposedly said if he lost that he would never challenge for the IWGP Heavyweight title again! So when I read this, I was dead certain Tanahashi was winning. So if what I read is true he'll be out of the main event picture completely! I really hope that's not the case.

A question I also had about Tanahashi. He sometimes does the Styles Clash in his matches. Now normally I would brush it off as coincidence (Crash Holly did the Crash Landing! :lmao:) but the fact the announcers specifically call it the Styles Clash, does Tanahashi do the move in tribute to Styles? Now that's a dream match!

Interesting note, while NJPW/ROH have an affiliation Alex Koslov and Rocky Romero (Forever Hooligans) have signed some sort of deal with ROH, presumably an open contract, because their now listed on the roster which only happens when talents sign some sort of deal. In contrast to this say Paul London and Karl Anderson who have both appeared for ROH as much as The Hooligans aren't featured.

http://www.rohwrestling.com/wrestlers/roster

Promo of the year contender. Dude has me on his side, hope he brings it at GBH XI.

EDIT: Whoops, was using phone, posted it here instead of General ROH Spam. Meh, fuck it.

Davey Richards is no longer coming to NOAH due to a neck injury. Also, Ultimo Dragon is coming to AJPW on November 30 and he has challenged Kanemaru for a Jr. heavyweight title match.

What are the chances of Styles defending the TNA title at Wrestle Kingdom?

Zero.

NJPW and TNA ended their agreement nearly two years ago now, it was over Okada who NJPW loaned to TNA in-order for him to gain some experience but instead TNA dressed him up as some Green Hornet rip-off and put him with Joe. While Okada attributes his time in America for learning how to develop a character, NJPW were pissed, so they ended the agreement and made one with ROH instead so they could get guys like Davey Richards while sending stars such as Karl Anderson and Forever Hooligans to America for some exposure for their uStream iPPV's. Unless they work out an agreement that would see Muta also be happy with Styles who just worked his show work it, while keeping ROH happy who don't have the best of relationships with TNA, it's not happening.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back