• Ratchet & Clank 3

• Star Ocean: Til the end of time

• Wind Waker

• Worms 2

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lee

Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No it's Supermod!
The games are as follows:

007 The World Is Not Enough
Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back (PS1)
Fire Emblem (GBA)
Kid Klown in Crazy Chase (SNES)
Mortal Kombat (Megadrive)
Ratchet and Clank 3 (PS2)
Star Ocean: Till the End of Time
The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker
Worms 2 (PC)

Voting is open until Monday.

Vote: Crash Bandicoot 2

Crash Bandicoot is utterly brilliant. Yes, it may be the same thing over and over but I recall it being one of the most fun games I have ever played. To add to that, I also recall that you could play through the game 3 or 4 times and have varying results. Crash Bandicoot 2 and the whole series in all actuality, was and is one of the finest series I have ever played. Sure, it might not be the greatest game in the tournament but it is certainly better and more playable than a lot of the games on this particular list.

This one is really hard for me.

Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker is most likely the most underrated game in the entire Legend of Zelda series. It is an amazing game, and a worthy entry into what may be the greatest series of all time, that made significant changes to the series. It is probably the best game in the group, bu I don't know if I can vote for it.

Back when I was younger (around the time it was released in 1997), I used to play Worms 2 with a bunch of friends, and the sheer amount of fun and laughter I had while blowing up opposing (and sometimes your own) worms with things like Super Sheep, Banana Bombs, Concrete Donkeys, etc is second to very few, and second to none on the PC (for me). The single player for it, while fun, isn't absolutely spectacular (and definitely not on the Wind Waker level), but Worms 2 isn't really built on single player, it's built on (local) multiplayer, which was absolutely incredible.

I'm gonna wait a bit for my vote. Right now, I'm leaning towards Worms 2, but I may be swayed to go with Wind Waker (especially if I could somehow find my gamecube games and play Wind Waker again, which I haven't played in years).

Jeez, the Gaia region is killing me. Till the End of Time is one of my favorite games of all time and while the battle system was far and away the best i've ever played, I can't vote for it here. I'm at a stand still between Ratchet and Clank: Up Your Arsenal and Wind Waker. I love them both so much, and voting one over the other is insanely difficult. I have sat here for ten minutes contemplating which game to vote for and finally I made a decision. Gotta go with Up Your Arsenal. I don't know if i've ever had as much fun playing a game as I did with Up Your Arsenal. The controls were outstanding and fit perfectly into the game, the upgrade system for the weapons and the new mode you unlock after your first playthrough will make you play again, and again. I beat the game a total of eight times and have over 100 hours logged. It's an insanely addicting game with very few flaws, and an overlooked game on the PS2. It gets my vote here.

007 World is not Enough and Star Ocean Til the End of Time are both overshadowed by other games in their series. I wanted to pick the original Mortal Kombat due to still being one of the better entries in that series after all of this time, but the Zelda fanboy in me had to go with Windwaker. Windwaker is the best game out of this group because it has good gameplay and a great soundtrack. It has aged quite well, honestly. The graphics are ironically a part of that, yet people (including myself) had harped on the game so much for that very same issue. The graphics that gave us Toon Link.

I'm giving my vote to Crash 2 here simpley because it was the first game I ever played. The game had a mix of everything and though it's sequels just repeated the same thing over and over again. The graphics(For it's time) were in a league of their own in comparison to the graphics that playstation games were providing at the time.

The game was replayed by me over and over again. Particularly just because of what could be seen. One of the best examples of this is Crash's many differant deaths and how they look while they are often humourous. The bosses were fun and it introduced me to one of my favourite character in gaming: Riper Roo(Don't ask why).

Sure with the recent cringe worthy releases of Crash that has sullied the name, Crash 2 is above the games on this list.

I voted for the original Mortal Kombat. I realize it's not the arcade version, but the Genesis version was just as insane as the arcade version. Looking back I remember spending hours playing Mortal Kombat with friends, it was something unseen before in my childhood, a game that was playing off the violence rather than a more family friendly style. Was it the best fighter of that generation? No, that belongs to Street Fighter 2, but Mortal Kombat could be seen as the beginning of Mature games gaining popularity.

Sure there were various games intended for adults before, but the majority of games were marketed towards younger kids. This was a new experience with the gore and of course the fatalities in the game. As a fighting game it wasn't nearly as deep as pretty much every character played the same minus the special moves, but to me that doesn't matter. This game has spawned a very successful series even nearly 20 years later, and for that it should get some recognition.

Mortal Kombat has always been a HUGE contribution to my childhood memories as far as video games go. I still remember the days of playing MK on the Sega Genesis and Super Nintendo and getting to Goro. It was such great times that I had playing that game. I'll never forget it...

Kid Klown in Crazy Chase is a game that I can remember from my childhood. It's got an incredibly basic plot behind it and the gameplay’s quite repetitive. However, I simply love it for nostalgic reasons. I remember being sick and playing it to make me feel better. I remember playing it the one Christmas that I broke my wrist. I remember playing it the day we moved into a new house. I remember all these things, and Kid Klown is a part of all that. I may be the only one to vote for it, but I'm damn proud to do so.

The World is Not Enough. Is it as good as Goldeneye? No, but it did an excellent job of borrowing directly from the formula that made Goldeneye so successful. In all honesty, after the downright awful "Tomorrow Never Dies" game, I wasn't particularly looking forward to the next installment of the series. But in returning to the first-person format of Goldeneye, after TND failed miserabely with a third-person view, the game was a worthy installment in the Bond franchise. It was great to see at the time a game concerned with gameplay and story, and the graphics were some of the best for its time as well. The missions were often difficult and included stealth into the immortal 3D shooter platform. Im biased because I loved the Bond series of games, and even though it wsn't even the best of its series, it still was a darn fun game, especially for the N64. Im sure it won't win, but is has my vote.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back