• Paper Mario

• Secret of Mana

• Tecmo Super Bowl

• Viewtiful Joe

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lee

Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No it's Supermod!
Bully: Scholarship Edition (Wii)
Duke Nukem
Guitar Hero 3
Mega Man Legends 2 (Playstation)
Paper Mario (N64)
Secret of Mana
Tecmo Super Bowl
Viewtiful Joe (PS2)

Boy, oh boy.

Tough choice. Two of my favorite games, squaring off - Viewtiful Joe and Mega Man Legends 2.

For my money, MML2 was the perfect way to transition a traditionally 2D series into 3D and do it right, joining Mario, Zelda, and other franchises that made it work. The game was a blast, with a fun and dramatic story, the memorable characters, great gameplay, and the old school Mega Man feel fans loved from the original games. It was everything I could have asked for, and it sucked me right in. I played it again recently just to make sure it was as good as I remembered and it absolutely was.

On the other hand, Viewtiful Joe was a clever, intuitive 2D beat-em-up with a sense of style and flair unlike any other game I have ever played. The music, the art, the story, and especially the gameplay made it one of the freshest and most interesting things to happen to the Beat Em Up genre since Streets of Rage 2.

In the end I voted for Viewtiful Joe. MML2 is amazing, but Mega Man Battle Network 2 is better than it and it's already in the tournament. Viewtiful Joe gave us frantic action, slick graphics, and never-seen-before gameplay elements. In fact, the only thing it lacked was co-op play.

Henshin a-go-go, baby.

SECRET OF MANA!!!!!!!!!!!!

I loved this game. It alongside Final Fantasy 4 helped create my love for RPG's way back in the early 90's. Paper Mario takes 2nd in this poll for me, it was an awesome game. It's not Secret of Mana though. The others are nowhere near the level of Mana or Paper Mario. Secret of Mana gets my vote not only for the nostalgia factor but also because it showed us that multiplayer action RPG's could work, even with a 3rd person added. For an early 90's SNES game it was so ahead of its time it's not even funny.

Duke Nukem

I'm voting for Duke Nukem as it is still one of the most foundly remembered games of all time and it's sequel is getting huge attention and anticipation. Duke remains to be one of the most beloved and remembered characters in gaming particular with his awesome voice and attitude. The game is one of those games who paved the way for gun games and anti-heroes(Of sorts) in gaming so it's simply getting my vote.

This one was one of the harder polls to vote on and initially consisted of Duke Nukem, Guitar Hero 3 and Tecmo Super Bowl.

Tecmo Super Bowl ended up with my vote after a hard decision. The bottom line is Tecmo Super Bowl is the one sports game that was the pioneer to everything you see in today's sports games. It offered season mode with full stat tracking, injuries, and all of the players from the NFL.

Tecmo Super Bowl was released in 1991, and twenty years later, it is still being used in tournaments around North America. It's a classic game, that has managed to withstand the test of time and can still measure up against current games like Madden.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back