• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Ps3 & Hd Tv

Y 2 Jake

Slightly Autistic
I broke my tv. It's HD and I find it to be a worthless addition to my house. But I read somwhere that PS3's don't work without HD TV's is this true?

LOL no that is most certainley not true. Ypu might not be able to use your PS3 to its full potential on a regular TV, but itll definately work. No worries. Id be pissed about the TV though. what happened???

I bought an xbox 360 a little over a year ago, and they tried selling me a line about how it only worked on HDTVs. I was like "I guess it'll be new and unopened until I get one then."

Fact is, PS3's and 360's work on anything.. (except analog to my knowledge) but the picture sucks. 37 inch flat screen regular TV = crappy picture. 40 inch 1080p HDTV = beautiful picture.

Not to mention, has anyone else noticed on the Madden game, on a regular TV it cuts off the fucking edges?! I was amazed the first time I played it on HD.. I sat there for the first 5 minutes just staring at the start screen, because Vince Young had elbows. :lmao:

These people are lying to you. PS3 only works on a 60 inch HDTV with 1080p picture. And even then, it's not really as good as it could be.

Damn you people for lying to our esteemed administrator. No worries Jake. I got your back...in a creepy online sort of way.

And just ignore Will. He obviously doesn't know what he is talking about.

He's meaning Steers and ........

Which is dumb considering I'm from West Texas which is completely different than those fuckwits in Austin.

Jake, you should have just stuck with the PS2. I don't like the ps3, and it's too damn expensive.

I don't get this whole high def craze. I've got a 10 year old 27 inch TV that looks great with cable. High def is nice, but I cannot justify the expense. Also, being I'm half blind, I don't notice the difference too much.

My friend has a PS3 and a high def TV, and it works, but I don't know if it's actually being shown in high def or not.

Jake, you should have just stuck with the PS2. I don't like the ps3, and it's too damn expensive.

I don't get this whole high def craze. I've got a 10 year old 27 inch TV that looks great with cable. High def is nice, but I cannot justify the expense. Also, being I'm half blind, I don't notice the difference too much.

My friend has a PS3 and a high def TV, and it works, but I don't know if it's actually being shown in high def or not.
I have both, and it's not comparison.

PS3 is far superior, not just in graphics but in gameplay as well.

There is way to much shit to buy to use your PS3 to the fullest potential. I just bought another Samsung 1080i LCD TV, a PS3, the supposed best HDMI cord, and some new speakers my brother picked out. Its cool, but my 360 looks better on a regular screen. Also, 100 dollars for a fucking cord to hook your shit up is ridiculous. I already spent 400 on the system it should come with the high def cord.

I switched the PS3 to the standard def TV and it looks horrible. My brother calls it PS2 advanced. So we took our other Samsung screen from the "sports room" so we have both on a high def screen. Once football season starts, one of them is going back to the crap screen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back