President's Day

Martin Luther King Day is pointless, not to mention racist.

President's Day is actually a solid holiday to celebrate those who have led our country through good times and bad.

February is a racist month...October is becoming one too. I hate anything that excludes or teaches superiority based on race. Race means nothing to me.

Racist? How so? I think it more so celebrates a great mind who had a vision of a free country-for ALL, not some. He fought for what he wanted, and finally got the equality that was needed for some time.
Because who the hell was Martin Luther King Jr? What makes him greater than any other civil rights activist? What makes him better than Susan B. Anthony? The fact he is black and was shot is the only reason we celebrate a MLK day. So, because he is black, we celebrate. It's racist.

Why not instead just celebrate a "Civil Rights" day, where we can celebrate all of those people whether they be protestants, blacks, irish catholics, native americans, asian americans, hispanics, women, poor men, poor women etc? I mean, it's not like Martin Luther and the black race was the only one who had to fight for their civil rights. Why do we not celebrate all of those other cultures as well? It's racist.

Being the President is probably the hardest job in the US. I realize it's the Prez's job to lead the country, even keep the morale up in hard times, but that doesn't make the President good. It makes him a cheerleader. There have been plenty of good Prez's over the 200+ years of our Independence, but there have been our fair share of bad ones. So, yes, President's Day should celebrate those great leaders, but why should we celebrate those who, to some, have "condemmed" our country? We shouldn't, and I feel that makes the holiday pointless.
We celebrate Veteran's Day, do we not? Are all of the soldiers good soldiers? We celebrate Memorial Day, do we not? Were all of them good Americans? We celebrate a lot of days for people who were not good at what they do. We have a Mother's Day and a Father's Day that we recognize. Not all mothers and fathers are good people or good parents.

The difference between every single one of the people I named and our Presidents is that our Presidents had to work a lot harder and a lot longer to get to be President. Anyone can sign up to be a solder. Anyone can be a parent. Not just anyone can be a President. Being President requires a lot of work, effort, and responsibility, and a lifetime of achievements to just be nominated for Presidency. Most Presidents used to be former Congress members or governors and have served our country in many more ways that just being President. And while we may have had bad Presidents, it doesn't change the fact that each one of them represents important parts of our history, and we should recognize those men who did so much for our country.

To stuff the collective work of our Presidents behind in importance a man who's greatest claim to fame is that he was black and shot is incredibly insulting.

February is a racist month...October is becoming one too. I hate anything that excludes or teaches superiority based on race. Race means nothing to me.
Wow...:blink:

We're agreeing on a lot these days...

What's in October though?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back