• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

PPV Prices

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

ryanjohnson_14

ok i think that the wwe pay per view prices are way too high. i mean it cost 40 bucks to watch a normal ppv and 50 to watch wrestlemania. i think thats way too much. anybody agree?:cuss2:

Its been upped because they have made the ppvs long but hey if you dont wana pay 40 wait a mont or two and get the dvd for $19:) :)

Or move to England and get Sky. We get half the ppv's free. Get charged £15 for the rest. Get Raw live and Smackdown a few hours before America

PPV's are way too expensive thus the reason I don't buy them... Plus I don't get alot of them for the fact I don't want to spend $40.00 on something that may potential suck. So if there is a ppv I really want to see I go to this place around my area and order a meal and a drink with some buddies and watch it there. So essential I get the ppv and a meal for no more then $15.00. If you want to do the same just go to this link from WWE.com and it tells u where you can go to watch them. http://www.wwe.com/schedules/blastareas/

i liked how the ppvs used to cost like 29.99 and now they are 10 dollars more and i think its because more people were getting into wwe like, more kids were picking it up somewhere and their families okay'd it and the kids are like "OH I GOTTA WATCH TAKER BEAT THE CRAP OUTTA KENNEDY!" or something cause i mean, thats whats going to happen and if it doesnt it will resolve at armageddon in another hell in the cell where taker will win, and anyways, they saw it as "hey, if more people will watch it and tune in, then they may have parties if they think the ppv is going to be good so hey, why not make them chip in on most of these shows and we can raise them yes making wwe more and more money especially after the doozies they are having lately like at backlash, the whole blood problem.

the prices are pretty high which is why we dont often order ppv, but when me of my friends do we usually get 3-5 of us together at one house and split the cost making it only ten dollars or so a person. and hey JOSHK1985 thanks for the heads up about the restaurant link, i think i may try that this weekend or next weekend and check it out

The resturant thing is worth it for WWE ppv.. For TNA not so much becasue it isn't quite as expensive. I know when we have gotten TNA we have just split the cost up beacause it is cheaper.

here in australia, we have each ppv at $24.95 and raw we dont have it live, raw we get it 1 day after its televised live, and smackdown we get it before anybody at friday our time 3pm, so americas time will be around thrusday 12pm. Incredible how we see smackdown so early.

I stopped getting PPV's after a few years ago... they were doing a Wrestlemania recap of all the previous years of wrestlemania and then the PPV... well, WWE was promoting the bundeled deal so I bought it... then the PPV started and 5 minutes in it goes black... I then buy the PPV, seperate, thinking it wouldn't show up on my bill... when my bill showed and I had bought BOTH the package and then the PPV seperate I flipped out... I called DirectTV and was like "WTF" and they were like "oh, we didn't have a bundle, that was only DishNetwork" and I was like "They showed the bundled price as what I had paid for the first thing" and they were like "Well, we'll refund your money but we just want you to know it wasn't our deal to have." So WWE was screwing Direct TV owners... I stopped watching PPV's after that... blood from a stone, I tell yeah...

ryanjohnson_14 said:
i think thats way too much. anybody agree?:cuss2:

It is a lot but if you consider why it's so much, WWE isn't exactly doing anything wrong. WWE spends milliions each year on salaries, renting arenas, advertising, pyro, travel, catering, transporting equipment, developmental territtories, etc etc. so it's not exactly unfair for them to want to make some money back, especially when fans have the option of choosing which ppv's to get and aren't forced ot purchase any. In the past there was a lot less being spent on some of those things, for obvious reasons, not to mention that WWE spent millions to purchase WWE and on things like the XFL, the restaurant, the movie wing, etc. Some of those things might not be successful, but they still cost a lot to create. When costs go up to make a product possible, the cost that consumers pay will go up.

personally, ive never ordered a WWE ppv. it's always the same disappointing thing over and over again. im not willing to spend money for anything produced by WWE. It's always so predictable who's gunna win what matches.

as for TNA, I've ordered every ppv this year and i havent been disappointed yet! I'll order it no matter what the main event is. Even if the main event sounds lame, i'll order it to see the X and Tag divisions. They're always a thriller! As for Turning Point, I'm not that big of a fan of SPOILER*Triple threat matches because they seem to drag on*, but i'll still order it because i know i wont be PO'ed when the ppv's over, wanting a refund.

i dont order either ppvs....i only order wrestlemania and thats it....i don't think i will ever order a TNA ppv cuz the announcers r jus plain annoying they exaggerate the hell out of a situation and dont make it sound good...they dont connect like jr and king do...the wrestling is ok but they dont cut promos and have storylines as good as wwe does...(wwe isnt even doin good these days with storylines) and yet they are better than tna...tna has a good x division and thats the only thing they got goin for them is the cruiserweights big whoop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back