Power Rangers- 17 seasons and going.

Stickstar 16

I might just go extreme on you!!!!
I decided to start this thread, mainly because i was a big fan of them as a 5-10 year old, and i still occasionally youtube and episode or two for a reminder of my youth and because i like the concept of good and evil presented in the show.

It is currently being filmed in New Zealand and uses mainly Australians and New Zealanders for the actors. IT has reached its 17th season, thats right seventeenth, and they have said that they will be creating an 18th season, although there were initially statements saying the 17th would be the last.

The series is based off a Japenese show called Super Sentai Rangers. The first Season of Power Rangers was created in 1993, and it has continued to the present. i will now list all the shows and show their opening credits

Mighty Morphing Power Rangers

[youtube]FpcCoW5gA7w[/youtube]
Season 1

[youtube]ZTaEknLiVMY[/youtube]
Season 2

[youtube]F0t0BaNkfVs[/youtube]
Season 3

Power Rangers Zeo
[youtube]R3Wsb_XFCaw[/youtube]

Power Rangers Turbo
[youtube]n9DhJyA8ffc[/youtube]

Power Rangers in Space
[youtube]F5kS4MMuC-U[/youtube]

Power Rangers Lost Galaxy
[youtube]koX5UJy4QiI[/youtube]

Power Rangers Lightspeed Rescue
[youtube]reRbINQO4b4[/youtube]

Power Rangers Time Force
[youtube]D-IjTyeHCBM[/youtube]

Power Rangers Wild Force
[youtube]BwDQLX6kRVM[/youtube]

Power Rangers Ninja Storm
[youtube]5NhXllHA3lg[/youtube]

Power Rangers Dino Thunder
[youtube]mFtxYCBsVEg[/youtube]

Power Rangers S.P.D
[youtube]UL4uFWpuqCA[/youtube]

Power Rangers Mystic Force
[youtube]d_LF7GrH-7E[/youtube]

Power Rangers Operation Overdrive
[youtube]GeRmvW2hrVQ[/youtube]

Power Rangers Jungle Fury
[youtube]uqRYyaAczvk[/youtube]

Power Rangers RPM
[youtube]UvUaP6G6VmM[/youtube]

Please give your thoughts on this piece of pop culture history. Sorry if some of the videos don't come up hopefully they'll give you a working one you can watch

Oh yes, Power Rangers. I remember watching this all the time when I was 6-10. I remember buying all the little toys for it as well. God my life was awesome back then. Anyways onto the topic. I use to love the first season of Power Rangers "Mighty Morphen Power Rangers". I had all except 3 videos of them and use to watch it all the time. They had a great cast back then compared to now. The bad dudes also seemed more "real" as well. I mean you had Tommy who was the green ranger. He looked like a rela abd dude compared to now where you get stupid fish/cat/dog/shark/eagle/worm things all mixed in one. The first season will always be remember as the best season. Now if I am thinking what teh second season is and I am right then this is what i think of it. It is the one where they turn to ninja people correct? Well see that wasn't a good or bad move, I guess people where just happy that the Power Rangers continued. But 15 seasons more it just gets fucking boring. I mean how many times can you get the bad guys to loose and still expect the bad guys to win? The one where they are from space is alright but still come on. Power Rangers would have been a better show with less seasons. Still a good show tho.

Well i do agree with you that the first couple were the best, but every season they have new villians and new rangers, and its around the same area, but they did change a little, i'd wikipedia it, cause its quite interesting from a point of remember the good old days.

I use to love this show and I'm sure I'm not the only one who dreamed about Kimberly. She was pretty f'n hot. Anyway now you got me wanting to break out the movie tonight. But yeah this was my favorite show as a kid and yes the newer ones are not as good. Heck I've not really seen many of the newer ones. The newest one I probably seen was the Forever Red one. I liked it just because we got to see some of our old favorites again and some of the newer ones work together. It was really great if you ask me. But IMO Tommy will forever be the greatest ranger

man i loved Power rangers back in the day. Jason was my favorite ranger. I was always about the good guys which is why i hated Tommy so much at first, then he became the white ranger and i started to like him. I remember watching it untill they were underwater (i think) and at that point i think i decided i was too old to watch it.

The show died to me when they got rid of Tommy as the Green Ranger. I loved that guy. Yeah, he may have been the longest running character as Tommy, but the Green Ranger was just awesome.

After that, I started to realize the dirty little secret that it was just the next generation of Transformers. That is, a show designed to sell a new line of toys every year. And making new stuff means sweeping away the old.

The Power Rangers will keep going, it's practically the western version of Super Sentai and that in turn has been going for 35 years or so. There is a lonegtivity to it in the way it changes every season.

The show died to me when they got rid of Tommy as the Green Ranger. I loved that guy. Yeah, he may have been the longest running character as Tommy, but the Green Ranger was just awesome.

After that, I started to realize the dirty little secret that it was just the next generation of Transformers. That is, a show designed to sell a new line of toys every year. And making new stuff means sweeping away the old.

agreed once the original cast left i gave up on power rangers, the show was epic from the 1st season but it went down hill after turbo, it got more and more ridiculous

Classic Power Rangers will always truly be THE Power Rangers series (Seasons 1-3), loved it to bits. My favourite was actually Billy, partly cause he was Blue, a nerd and made me feel cool! lol.

Has anyone seen the Forever Red episode? It's a special episode to mark the 10th Anniversary (I think it was 10th), was a classic.

The reason why it's new cast every year is because it's cheaper for Disney to bring in new actors each time than keep the same ones. It happened because of the contract disputes with Jason, Trini & Zack. Not sure why Tommy was the out of the loop, I suppose cause he was loyal.

Tommy = Legend

Btw, for my 21st I dressed up as the Green Power Ranger as a true childhood reinactment :p

Classic Power Rangers will always truly be THE Power Rangers series (Seasons 1-3), loved it to bits. My favourite was actually Billy, partly cause he was Blue, a nerd and made me feel cool! lol.

Has anyone seen the Forever Red episode? It's a special episode to mark the 10th Anniversary (I think it was 10th), was a classic.

The reason why it's new cast every year is because it's cheaper for Disney to bring in new actors each time than keep the same ones. It happened because of the contract disputes with Jason, Trini & Zack. Not sure why Tommy was the out of the loop, I suppose cause he was loyal.

Tommy = Legend

Btw, for my 21st I dressed up as the Green Power Ranger as a true childhood reinactment :p

Im actually watching Dino Thunder on youtube, got kind of nostalgic and decided to give it a whirl, it reminds me of the old series, damn good stuff, aparently the actor who played Zack aparently makes cameos as monsters for the new shows and Tommy is still in it in some shape or form, good times and great rangers ooooh yeah

I use to love this show and I'm sure I'm not the only one who dreamed about Kimberly. She was pretty f'n hot. Anyway now you got me wanting to break out the movie tonight. But yeah this was my favorite show as a kid and yes the newer ones are not as good. Heck I've not really seen many of the newer ones. The newest one I probably seen was the Forever Red one. I liked it just because we got to see some of our old favorites again and some of the newer ones work together. It was really great if you ask me. But IMO Tommy will forever be the greatest ranger

Tommy = Legend

I feel so under read lol kidding.

But yeah I watched one of the newest ones the other day on TV to see whats going on now..what made me mad was they don't even gotta hide that crap anymore. Everyone can know your the one who is a Power Ranger. I was like what the heck. They had a Q&A with the Rangers....outside there Ranger outfits. I was like WOW!!!! sorta made me p o'ed as I grew up watching when they wasn't suppose to go around letting people know who they are. Anyone know when that whole keeping it on the Down Low went out the window.

I was a big, big fan of the original Power Rangers back in the day. I mean, I really fucking loved that show. I watched it every single day before school, and I had all the toys and shit like that.

The Green Ranger and Blue Ranger were my favorite, and I had the biggest crush on Kimberly.

But... with that said, after the film came out, I lost all interest. Not to say I didn't like the film, because I really did, but it seemed like the show wasn't ever the same after that. Plus, you know... you eventually just grow out of that shit.

However, I'm not going to lie, not too long ago I was looking for a DVD set for the first couple of seasons, and unfortunately they're all way too expensive. Anyone know a place where they're cheap? Or if there's any news on a distribution company ever re-releasing it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back