• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Potential: Peter 'Alex Koslov' Orlov

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Dragon Saga

Whale in a Teardrop
normal_Alex_Koslov13_cutout_by_Crank.png

Peter 'Alex Koslov' Orlov

The third installment sees us go from one second generation WWE development talent, to an independant sensation and International Superstar in "The Russian Hooligan" Alex Koslov.

Koslov was born in Moldova, then under USSR control in 1984, there Koslov had his first interaction with professional wrestling while watching an imported DVD which contained Bret Hart vs. Shawn Michaels, and at 19, Koslov emigrated to California where he would begin his training, due to having an American father this wasn't a problem for him, and there he trained under Jesse Hernandez, making his debut in 2003.

Koslov's first Championship was the NWA British Commonwealth Heavyweight Championship, this would propell him into the radar of leading Mexican promotion CMLL where Koslov went on to make a name for himself as one of their leading heels.

[YOUTUBE]P_F0FoComoY[/YOUTUBE]

Koslov remained in CMLL for two years, before working a few dates for Japanese and American promotions, including TNA. Koslov became unhappy in CMLL, and even became disgruntled at the angles he was being placed in. After two years of working on a handshake deal, Koslov jumped to rival Mexican promotion AAA, where he made a surprise appearence at a television taping. Koslov's appearence made front page newspaper news in Mexico as he regained his position as a top heel in Mexican wrestling.

[YOUTUBE]QaSV1Cd0_YA[/YOUTUBE]

Once again, Koslov's success and position in AAA would dwindle. He would only hold the World Mixed Tag Team Championship and a reign as the Crusierweight Champion. Koslov began accepting booking from America and Japan for dark matches, competing in ROH with Rocky Romero and having one of Alberto Del Rio's first matches, working under the name Carlos Sanchez. This would impress WWE, as he signed a contract and reported to development in Florida.

[YOUTUBE]edKNBi-zwKo[/YOUTUBE]​

Koslov has worked as a solid competitor in Florida Championship Wrestling, feuding with top babyface Richie Steamboat and competing for the FCW Heavyweight Championship. Having worked in Mexico for nearly five years and now currently in FCW, Koslov, now known as Peter Orlov seems to have an impressive resume to his name. Playing the gimmick of a Russian-American, Orlov has shown his capability to draw heat.

Do you see potential in Koslov?

Do you see him succeeding in the WWE?

If he were called up now, who would you advise he feud with?

He looks like Daniel Bryan V. 2.0. If they bring back a cruiserweight division I could see him getting a decent push, if not I doubt he will ever get the call up to the main roster full time.

Basically they should do almost the same thing as they did with Khali and Jinder Mahal. Bring him up and feud him with Santino. Than let him convince Vladimir Kozlov to betray Santino and now we have The Soviet Solution: Peter Orlov & Vladimir Kozlov.

Finally! I have been waiting for the next thread in the series! Big fan of the series, my favorite series at the moment.

Any way, Alex Koslov is a great competitor. I have seen a few of his matches and even some of his matches down at FCW and he is a great competitor to watch. He is quick, young and damn good in the ring.

I see tons of potential in him. One day I can see him in the WWE and hopefully one day challenging for the big one. But anyway enough of the future, let's talk about the present. I do see potential in him. I think when a foreign superstar debuts with the WWE they are most likely going to draw heat i.e Santino, Koslov and Khali. I think he has more of a heel presence about him than face. His moveset is good, he is exciting but his only flaw he is not charismatic enough. In the WWE guys who are charismatic automatically get more pushes than guys who don't have any charisma i.e Cody Rhodes being pushed and Daniel Bryan not doing much. I've never seen him talk so I assume he's not very good at it but neither is Morrison. Also he was used in exhibition matches during Tough Enough and has helped train guys like Sin Cara to help him switch wrestling styles. That just shows how talented he is as he is used to help another talent. I think we will soon see Koslov debuting but not in the near future because guys like Seth Rollins and Percy Watson deserve a chance first to be brought up to the WWE ahead of Koslov.

Due to his size I don’t see him succeeding. I hope he does succeed when he is brought up but I highly doubt it. Due to his size and body structure he won't ever really be pushed for the WWE or WH Title. He most likely will be a solid midcarder like Bourne and Bryan. I can see him in a identical position to Bourne, he won't ever be doing much. Guys like Bourne, Sin Cara, Bryan and even Koslov will really benefit from a Cruiserweight division.

I do very much like the Idea of him feuding with Marella and persuading V.Koslov to join with him. But I can see him beating random superstars like Primo and Yoshi Tatsu on a regular basis then starting a feud with either Kofi Kingston. But a feud with Rey Mysterio would be fantastic and it would be a great match.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back