• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Politcal-Correctness At It's Finest

Like I said earlier, it's simply a shame that some people are capable of putting themselves in other people's shoes, while other people apparently are incapable of doing so, and can not feel the same things others at a disadvantage feel unless they have to live with that same trait.

As far as the Economy goes, I didn't think it was all that hard to concentrate on walking and chewing gum at the same time. Apparently, some people are not able to multi-task and think about the Economy while not calling anyone derogatory terms at the same time.

Discrimination and hate speech is wrong, no matter who it is being directed at. Blacks, Whites, Asians, Hispanics, Gays, etc. Nobody is saying it should be justified for anyone. Gays are simply the ones speaking up in this instance, because the comment was a negative comment that involved Gays.

Who gives a shit if he used it in a derogatory manor. Did it actually cause harm to somebody? Really now? Is there some gay kid sitting crying his eyes out because Vince called a mask gay? If so, then he won't make it in the real world. That's how it used to be. The strong survived, the weak didn't It's gods plan. The weak animals die, the strong are willed to survive. Not us. Everybody must be equal. Everybody must be treated fairly. Why? Cause it hurts wittle billys feelings.Well I'm sorry Billy. I really am. But in the real world 99% of people are vulgar, nasty, human beings. We back stab, we kill for fun, we kill for joy, we cheat, we mame, we maul, we destroy, we lie, we destroy countries. Thats who we are. We can't change that. So why try. Besides if we are really trying to make it "fair" then lets start some rules. How about the parents either say HEY I hate that Vince, no more WWE, or Hey it's entertainment.

Do gays mind when a NON gay person plays a homosexual? Robin Williams. He isn't gay. But he knows how to play a perfect one. Hows that different than Vince saying "thats gay" with his little hand?"

Hey I understand to a certain degree. I was teased in school. From around 9-15 I was ugly, pimpled faced geek, that got called every name in the book. Did it hurt sometimes? You bet. But 90% of the time I realized why make them stop? Why make them change? If they want to say those things fine, and I will choose to not be around them. And guess what? At 17 my acne went away, I lost my weight and I nailed girls left and right. Pure hotness. I damn sure didn't cry to mommy, or whine about being treated unfairly. It's part of life. If you can't handle it, your not going to make it in the real world

Who gives a shit if he used it in a derogatory manor. Did it actually cause harm to somebody? Really now? Is there some gay kid sitting crying his eyes out because Vince called a mask gay?

How does that matter? It doesn't. Is a black person physically harmed when someone calls them the N word? No. Does that make it right somehow? Fuck no it doesn't. Are you really going to argue that?

If so, then he won't make it in the real world. That's how it used to be. The strong survived, the weak didn't It's gods plan.

Oh great, here we go with God now. I love that you seem to think you can prove your point by citing "God's plan". That's nice if you believe in God. Which millions do not. I also think it's rather humorous that you seem to know what God's plan is. Really, of all the people on this planet, he decided to grace you with his wisdom? You're a regular Joseph Smith huh?

The weak animals die, the strong are willed to survive. Not us. Everybody must be equal. Everybody must be treated fairly. Why? Cause it hurts wittle billys feelings.Well I'm sorry Billy. I really am. But in the real world 99% of people are vulgar, nasty, human beings. We back stab, we kill for fun, we kill for joy, we cheat, we mame, we maul, we destroy, we lie, we destroy countries. Thats who we are. We can't change that. So why try. Besides if we are really trying to make it "fair" then lets start some rules. How about the parents either say HEY I hate that Vince, no more WWE, or Hey it's entertainment.

I simply cannot believe how ignorant you truly are. Your attitude is "Shit's hard, so why even try?"...because it's always worth the struggle. No shit we're not going to ever completely eradicate racism or prejudice, but to say that because we can't do that, we shouldn't even try to stop it, is ridiculous and absolutely cruel.

Hey I understand to a certain degree. I was teased in school. From around 9-15 I was ugly, pimpled faced geek, that got called every name in the book. Did it hurt sometimes? You bet. But 90% of the time I realized why make them stop? Why make them change? If they want to say those things fine, and I will choose to not be around them. And guess what? At 17 my acne went away, I lost my weight and I nailed girls left and right. Pure hotness. I damn sure didn't cry to mommy, or whine about being treated unfairly. It's part of life. If you can't handle it, your not going to make it in the real world

Wow... just because 'it's a part of life', doesn't mean we have to agree with it or not do anything about it. These people are stating their views as to why they thought Vince went overboard with what he said. You have no right to come on here and try to belittle and berate them like you have. Your opinion is you own, but the way you convey is pure shit and you need to stop before you dig the hole any deeper.

As I said what Vince said didn't personally bother me, but do I agree with it? No, I don't and do I think I have the right to tell them to shut the fuck up and grow a pair? Hell no I don't, that's stupid, immature and insentive, like you. State your opinion, but don't be a prick about it.:disappointed:

Ok Fear, lets take your road. Lets say we try. Little Billy, and I don't mean to offend anyone if their name is Billy, so Little Billy cries to mom. Mom gets so upset, calls up Vince. Vince apologizes to the kid. Vince doesn't mean it, just does it for PR. Kid is fine. What changed? What changed from point A to point B. NOTHING. NOTHING EVER CHANGES. So why should we teach our kids to be sniveling little shits, to be over sensitive about subjects they can't do squat about.

Look, we aren't talking about calling somebody a ***, or a homo, or a queer. we are talking about gay. The same word that USED to mean Happy. Now all of a sudden its a fucking insult? How did it become an insult fear? Answer me that? Did homosexuals all of a sudden say HEY, I like that gay word, I shall reissue it to describe my people. Is that how it happened? A word bro. A simple word.

Ok Fear, lets take your road. Lets say we try. Little Billy, and I don't mean to offend anyone if their name is Billy, so Little Billy cries to mom. Mom gets so upset, calls up Vince. Vince apologizes to the kid. Vince doesn't mean it, just does it for PR. Kid is fine. What changed? What changed from point A to point B. NOTHING. NOTHING EVER CHANGES. So why should we teach our kids to be sniveling little shits, to be over sensitive about subjects they can't do squat about.

Look, we aren't talking about calling somebody a ***, or a homo, or a queer. we are talking about gay. The same word that USED to mean Happy. Now all of a sudden its a fucking insult? How did it become an insult fear? Answer me that? Did homosexuals all of a sudden say HEY, I like that gay word, I shall reissue it to describe my people. Is that how it happened? A word bro. A simple word.

Can't you see that NO ONE on these boards agree with you? Really it's not that you are stating you opinion that is the problem, it's the fact that you are being suck a dick about it. We GET IT, we understand that you don't think it was a big deal that Vince said something was gay. You have every right to believe that, but you do not have the right to say it in the way you are. Use your big boy words son and you might not get torn to pieces. I respect your views, but do not push them on us in this way, do it respectfully. Tone it down and people might be more receptive to what you have to say.

"Hell no I don't, that's stupid, immature and insentive, like you. State your opinion, but don't be a prick about it" Ok. Lets dive deeper into that sentence

I'm not stupid. "lacking ordinary quickness and keenness of mind; dull". While my opinion might be wrong in your eyes, it's not lacking quickness right?

Insensitive. "deficient in human sensibility, acuteness of feeling, or consideration; unfeeling"

Obvious, I'm very passionate about this debate. There for I do have feelings. Can't be passionate about something and "lack" feelings, now can we?

And prick? Ok, well you probably got me there. I probably am a prick in a lot of peoples eyes. So your batting .333 Not bad

Ok Fear, lets take your road. Lets say we try. Little Billy, and I don't mean to offend anyone if their name is Billy, so Little Billy cries to mom. Mom gets so upset, calls up Vince. Vince apologizes to the kid. Vince doesn't mean it, just does it for PR. Kid is fine. What changed? What changed from point A to point B. NOTHING.

Wrong. What's changed? Public perception. Whereas people were offended by Vince's comment, him making a public apology (which I'm not calling for by the way) sends the message that what he said was wrong. The fuck do you mean nothing has changed?

NOTHING EVER CHANGES. So why should we teach our kids to be sniveling little shits, to be over sensitive about subjects they can't do squat about.

Because they CAN do "squat" about it. The more people that try to curb people using hate speech like this, the less of it exists. It's something simple that every person can do; just don't spew hateful bullshit. It's really not very difficult.

Look, we aren't talking about calling somebody a ***, or a homo, or a queer. we are talking about gay. The same word that USED to mean Happy.

Okay. And the word chink can be used for other purposes as well, but when it's directed at an Asian person, it's pretty fucking obvious what they're referring to. I'll give you a hint, it's not a chink in someone's armor.

Referring to something as "gay" in a derogatory manner is wrong. Plain and simple. If you don't get that, well, then something's wrong with you.

Now all of a sudden its a fucking insult? How did it become an insult fear? Answer me that? Did homosexuals all of a sudden say HEY, I like that gay word, I shall reissue it to describe my people. Is that how it happened? A word bro. A simple word.

So is ******. And chink. And spic. And kike. Does that make ANY of those words acceptable to use? Fuck no it doesn't.

Why should I have to tone it down? It's my opinion. If your not a pussy then I wasn't referring to you was I? If you think I'm overreacting then that's fine. Obviously I wasn't referring to you in my post was I? Why do you feel the need to play mommy dearest and protect everybody? It's not your job. It's your job to take care of yourself, your loved ones, your friends. Again, I'm not saying the use of the word ****** or queer or spic, or honky isn't bad. Cause they are bad. But they are bad because as a society we tell our kids they are bad. If nobody would overreact to the use of gay, why would people use it? The shock angle, the anger would all be gone. The word would longer be used in a derogatory manor.

"Hell no I don't, that's stupid, immature and insentive, like you. State your opinion, but don't be a prick about it" Ok. Lets dive deeper into that sentence

I'm not stupid. "lacking ordinary quickness and keenness of mind; dull". While my opinion might be wrong in your eyes, it's not lacking quickness right?

No maybe not, but it isn't very keen to insult everyone on these forums with pathetic verbal tirades that don't make any sense what so ever to anyone but yourself.

Insensitive. "deficient in human sensibility, acuteness of feeling, or consideration; unfeeling"

Obvious, I'm very passionate about this debate. There for I do have feelings. Can't be passionate about something and "lack" feelings, now can we?

Uhhh really? Wow... moron, I never said you didn't have feelings, I said you were being insensitive, BIG difference. Yes you have feelings, but you don't care about others feelings, that's insensitive.

And prick? Ok, well you probably got me there. I probably am a prick in a lot of peoples eyes. So your batting .333 Not bad

Well don't have to repeat myself here as you agreed with me. Now do us all a favor and go away, you are only making things worse for yourself if you keep this up.

Fear, generations after generations after generations have ALWAYS had insults. What changes? The spelling. That's it. Gay, Homo, Queer, ***, all the same. Yet spelled differently. In England they don't say ***********, or MFer, they say wankah. That's THEIR bad word. Their derogatory use. Say we ban gay. Guess what, another word will pop up and take its place.

Skank. Was Skank popular in 1800? What about 1900? No. It's popular now. ****e, nah who needs that, women are "ho's" now, ask any rapper. But it's all the same. ****, scallywag, hooch, hooker. Nothing has changed, only the spelling.

Again, I've never said there is nothing wrong with those words. I'm saying as a society we will NEVER overcome this, if we simply decide to let everything effect us.

This is what I mean fear. Exactly my point. You think I'm being crude, a "prick" So you want me to leave. That's an easy out. "Just leave dude". Why can't we continue what we been doing? We are debating. You don't agree with me, I don't agree with you, but we both showed our side of things. Your way is your way, and my way is different. Doesn't make my way right or wrong, just like it doesn't make your way right or wrong.

Besides, I never personally attacked you. You personally attacked me first. You didn't see me act all immature and spurt of insults back did it? I kept displaying my opinion. If you don't agree with me fine. I'm ok with that. Not everyone will agree with me. Just don't take the easy way out and demand I "leave"

And I never insulted anyone. I stated some people need to grow a set of balls. I didn't name names. So who exactly did I insult. You perceived me as insulting everyone here, but that's on you not me. If you teach your kid to be whiny, and expect the world to change for them, and really honestly believe this world will ever change for the better, then yes I think those people should grow a set. If that's not you, then what are we arguing for :D

Fear, generations after generations after generations have ALWAYS had insults. What changes? The spelling. That's it. Gay, Homo, Queer, ***, all the same. Yet spelled differently. In England they don't say ***********, or MFer, they say wankah. That's THEIR bad word. Their derogatory use. Say we ban gay. Guess what, another word will pop up and take its place.

Who says I want to ban the word gay? I certainly never said that. But saying something is "gay" to describe it negatively is wrong. It takes the slightest amount of sheer decency to just not do it.

Skank. Was Skank popular in 1800? What about 1900? No. It's popular now. ****e, nah who needs that, women are "ho's" now, ask any rapper. But it's all the same. ****, scallywag, hooch, hooker. Nothing has changed, only the spelling.

Do you really not see the difference between those words and racial/sexual slurs?

This is what I mean fear. Exactly my point. You think I'm being crude, a "prick" So you want me to leave. That's an easy out. "Just leave dude". Why can't we continue what we been doing? We are debating. You don't agree with me, I don't agree with you, but we both showed our side of things. Your way is your way, and my way is different. Doesn't make my way right or wrong, just like it doesn't make your way right or wrong.

...What are you talking about? I nevet said "just leave dude", I never told you to leave. I think you're confusing me with a different poster.

Besides, I never personally attacked you. You personally attacked me first. You didn't see me act all immature and spurt of insults back did it? I kept displaying my opinion. If you don't agree with me fine. I'm ok with that. Not everyone will agree with me. Just don't take the easy way out and demand I "leave"

I'm pretty sure you meant to direct this post to Matt.

And I never insulted anyone. I stated some people need to grow a set of balls. I didn't name names. So who exactly did I insult. You perceived me as insulting everyone here, but that's on you not me. If you teach your kid to be whiny, and expect the world to change for them, and really honestly believe this world will ever change for the better, then yes I think those people should grow a set. If that's not you, then what are we arguing for :D

I didn't attack you, I simply pointed how that you were being an insentive prick, if I wanted to attack you, I would have thrown a post back at you full of pointless gibberish that doesn't make any sense, kind of like you have been posting. AGAIN I say, yes you have stated your opinion, but again i say, IT'S THE WAY you said it dude. And you did insult everyone on here who you thought were wrong, just look back at your first post. And I'm done debating you, because it is pointless, we can bicker back and forth all we want, but what's it going to do? Nothing, you'll continue to post rubbish, rather than a well thought out argument and I will continue to point out what you are doing wrong and you will continue to deny it... so again it's pointless. I will not respond to you anymore in this thread. I'm done with it, I've already stated that I do not agree with what Vince did.

I never said the bottom post was directed at anybody. The person who called me a name first knows who he is.

And gay. Like one poster said, how do we know Vince didn't mean it in the happy sense. 1960's. "Wow Johnny, your just a gay little dude".

2009."Wow Johnny, your just a gay little dude"

What changed? Same sentence, SAME SPELLING. What changed? I'll say it again. Society changed. They decided that gay was going to mean something TOTALLY different. ****** is NOT like gay. ****** never meant hamburger, or computer, or girlfriend then was turned into a hate word. ****** has always been a hate word. Gay, not more than 30 years ago meant a TOTALLY opposite thing. For all I know Vince meant the guy was extremely happy. But as a society we are trained to interpret that word as being an insult. Why?

All you had to do was tell me how the word "Gay" went from Happy 30 years ago, to being an insult for homosexuals. Tell me how it happened. What if I make up a word. Lets say snozzlehufts. I want that meaning to be an insult towards people with no legs. I say it over and over and over. Society has two options. Either get upset, and embrace it, or ignore it, and the word will die. It's that simple. If nobody sees my word as an insult, the meaning will die. That simple.

And your funny. I call people, not by names have you, *****es that would make their children into little pansies,and I'm insensitive and I insulted everyone here. You call me a prick, a personal one on one insult, but thats ok, and thats not an insult cause you could do worse? LOL. Fantastic

LOL. I just got a message saying I got new feedback. Congratulations. I guess you guys feel proud you gave me "negative" feedback. How childish is that. Instead of dealing with it, agreeing to disagree, you do that hoping somebody removes the problem for you. It's funny though. I didn't think twice to report you two for disagreeing with me, or calling me a prick, or other insults. But It's kinda nice to know I made such an impression, good or bad, that you felt the need to take time out of your day to express to me how you feel in a feedback system. Thats kinda cool :D

Anywayz, I would love to give my point. These terms such as "gay" are on the borderline of general vocabulary & don't-go-there-girlfriend language, where different people seem to take a different toll at how bad these sayings really are. In normal society between family & friends, this usually doesn't mean anything when kids use the words in the adjective form. This, in the INFORMAL NON-THREATENING situation. This is probably the only situation in which these words can be deemed acceptable.

However, since the topic is getting out of hand but I am loving the discussion... I am going to refer back to my original point. Vince McMahon use the word gay in the adjective form. He was in a situation where comedy was neccesary to keep interest with the crowd & the whole party skit was getting a little tired with the fans at around the point in time when VKM said "those masks look really gay." Given the situation, Vince was trying to connect with the kids on a level they could understand as describing something as gay is what the kids nowadays tend to say. During the nature of the comedy skit, Vince felt like everyone in the arena & those watching at home were in a cormfortable enough position to be deemed as an INFORMAL NON-THREATENING environment. However, since this was a televised program & that the whole get up has to be professional the whole way through... Vince got caught for the use of the word as the situation has been deemed a FORMAL THREATENING environment. Formal being a professional & globally televised program & threatening being that everyone watching would be subject to hearing & interpretating the situation.

So, although Vince did not mean it for to be a crude word... he should not have said the word "gay" on TV.

Pissed like FUCK because I typed a huge post for this discussion only for my fucking Internet Explorer to get a run time error and restart.

In that case, I'll cut it short and sweet.

I'm pretty sure Vince used 'gay' without thinking. He said it on instincts like anyone would do. I use the "G-word" loosely too as do my mates, peers, and relatives. I really doubt you can stop people from saying whatever they want. Racism, sexism, etc. etc. all are a normal part of society. I am only mentioning this because I see how this thread has become a social discussion and a tad bit off-topic.

On-screen wise, the overall notion that people will imitate/follow Vince or suddenly accept the term being used in a derogatory way on TV is completely fucking ridiculous. You send a complaint, then move the fuck on hoping that, that person thinks before he says it again. Nothing more is needed. There should be no 'consequences' at all. I am heavily against censorship.

I think we're over-analyzing this and blowing it way out of proportion at best.

Anywho, it is normal to share your thoughts and discuss about this situation, whether you are overemphasizing it or not. It's what these forums are for anyway, so excuse me for that.

Ok Ashleigh, to stay on topic, we are talking about Vince here. IMO, he did it, for the sole reason this thread is this long, why he will get blasted in the news. He got people talking. It doesn't matter if your run down WWE while discussing it to somebody, as long as WWE is mentioned, he wins. Also his show was becoming quite lame, and he needed to spice it up. Maybe your right, that he was just trying to act cool. Just seems to me that Vince doesn't make mishaps, or mistakes. And what I mean by that, is he might be wrong sometimes with angles, or superstars, but he I think he truly believes in every decision he makes.

I personally think when he changed to "Entertainment" this kind of stuff should be a non issue. Key word is "Entertainment". Movies and plays and skits and heck even talent shows, all are racist or sexist or derogatory in a way. But people seem to over look that because it's deemed entertainment. Vince IMO is no different. It's not like he has a sanctioned sport. It's not like his record books mean a squat to anybody. I mean in the Attitude Era Vince used vulgar, racist remarks, sexist remarks, almost any kind of slur you can think of. People complained but nothing happened cause he was drawing huge and making a lot of people money. I think this last month plus SS has been great for WWE. And remember, Vince loves publicity, any kind of it. I'm heading to bed, I got work in like 6 hours.

I completely understand both sides. I've never been a big fan of Political Correctness because it has gone WAY too far. However, I do understand why a homosexual may find this upsetting. To them, McMahon was basically saying they were bad. It's an indirect comment but I see how they reach the conclusion. That being said, I think the term 'gay' has branched out into other meanings. What is the original meaning of the word gay? Happy meaning it has plenty of meanings. If someone says gay, I don't think they're specifically referring to, or thinking of, homosexuals, but rather to the negative connotations the word has evolved to. Yes, that may be because of homosexuals, but the word is used so frequently to describe certain things that I don't believe McMahon is homophobic in any way, but rather just responding to a word he's heard a few times.

Oh I don't think for a second Becca that Vince is homophobic. He has been the butt of many gay jokes.Remember DX and the Vince loves Cock shirts? Hell he almost made out with Austin during their triangle love stuff with Angle. Plus the whole kiss my ass club? Not to mention Pat Patterson is gay. And he has employed him for years, even sticking by him after the allegation brought forth in the early 90's. And while I believe its utter bullshit that this issue even came up, life is life. It's all about choices. I chose to speak my mind, and it upset some posters. Vince chose to use the word "gay" on purpose or by accident. So while I don't agree with the reasoning behind people being upset,I could understand the backlash Vince will receive.

ok..in my opinion people in this country need to lighten up...the only reason words like "******" or "gay" are considered bad is because we made them that way...Chris Rock can go on stage and call white people crackers...or honkey..or honkey ass cracker and thats a-ok...but if anyone but him says "******" they should be hung by their toenails. there are all kinds of things that straight white males can be called like cracker or honkey or redneck and i dont hear anyone bitch but use one on any minority and your done...personally i dont care if your black white brown blue gay straight or if you hump electical outlets just please dont get all pissed if someone says something stupid...gay is just a word..its not like vince went and threw hot sauce in their eyes and laughed at them..now that i have pointlessly rambled too long its time for this honkey cracker redneck to say good night

While i do understand both sides, i as a gay man, dont care.

So Vince said that a mask made someone look gay. I can understand why some people may be offended, i guess. But really? Its a common comment. It isnt a bash on being a homosexual. I personally am not offended when people use the term gay. Now was that a smart word choice for Vince to use? No, esp when WWE is going for PG.

Reactions: X
So I've decided that instead of telling someone to pull the "stick" out of their ass it would be so much more comical to just show some footage from a musical click and enjoy....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLGt6Ym_9II
So I believe my "crude" joke and that song though from a mature musical would be more of an offense to the gay community than VKM's little gay mark. They want the attention that is all the WWE is an easy mark it has millions of viewrs and the owner is a multibillionaire. Though I might get behind them if they say that WWE is using "Big Dick" Johnson to humiliate/tease them...

Now after reading that you may think that I hate "homosexuals" no actually I have many gay friends and I think that what ever your choice is well hell its your choice. What I hate is political correctness as I'm sorry but in wrestling there is very little. So please do not try and change it. In an orginization where people have made fun of black people, drugged and married their "dates", burned people on crosses, burried people alive and even commited a little bit of necrophillia I feel that calling something gay or showing a little ass is the least of these peoples problems.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back