Pokemon Conquest: Should I get it?

So, I'm honestly not sure if I want to get this game or not. I am a huge fan of the Pokemon franchise (Been here since Red/Blue/Green, homes!), and while this does seem a bit different, which is something I've been looking for, it may be too much so.
Don't get me wrong, I love the new style- if I hear correctly, it's similar to Fire Emblem, also one of my favorite video game franchises.
In short, I ask the question- is Pokemon Conquest worth buying? To those who have already played, please persuade me one way or the other.

Pokemon Conquest is a very well done spin off. If you like Turn-based Strategy games then this one will be for you. I have it and I love it. There has bee no negative reviews for it.

Wait, what is this? Pokemon and Fire Emblem? You're discussing literally two of my favorite franchises ever. Hell, I've played that mod. This sounds amazing - I must know more.

It's a great game. Very good use of the Pokemon franchise but the Fire Emblem comparison isn't truly fair. It uses the type rules from Pokemon on a few different playing fields. The link thing can be confusing though. The best thing is the post completion content. But in truth, while It's deep, it only looks to reuse the main story. It's not fresh.

I'd recommend it if you like strategy games and cannot wait for Black and White 2. It's better than any spin off I've played.

Pokemon Conquest is a very well done spin off. If you like Turn-based Strategy games then this one will be for you. I have it and I love it. There has bee no negative reviews for it.

Sounds good.

Wait, what is this? Pokemon and Fire Emblem? You're discussing literally two of my favorite franchises ever. Hell, I've played that mod. This sounds amazing - I must know more.

Two of my fave franchises also, with LOZ, Kirby, and Monster Hunter right behind them to make up my top 5.

It's a great game. Very good use of the Pokemon franchise but the Fire Emblem comparison isn't truly fair. It uses the type rules from Pokemon on a few different playing fields. The link thing can be confusing though. The best thing is the post completion content. But in truth, while It's deep, it only looks to reuse the main story. It's not fresh.

I'd recommend it if you like strategy games and cannot wait for Black and White 2. It's better than any spin off I've played.

Thanks for the info, Boss! Recycling of the main story was unfortunately expected. While I do like strategy games, I CAN wait for BW2 (as I will be getting both, as I did with their predecessors), so I may not get it, or wait until after getting these if I do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back