Please tell me this is some kind of joke

Wolfdemon

The Ayatollah of Rock N Rolla
"F4WOnline.com is reporting that WWE intends to unify all of its titles within the next year. As seen several week's ago, WWE has already unified the Tag Team Titles, and it was announced on Raw last night that there will be a women's title unification bout taking place at the Night of Champions PPV.

WWE's eventual goal is to have one Intercontinental Title and one World Title in the company, with the World Title unification match taking place at next year's WrestleMania."

I like the idea of unifying the tag titles and the Diva's titles because quite frankly noone including WWE gives a fuck about those divisions anymore. Do we really want to see one world title on 6+ hours of weekly tv? With Smackdown moving to Syfy you would think that they would want to build up some crediblity not rape the show of its titles because you know the titles are going to be on RAW. For once WWE listened to the ICW too much and overkilled the idea of unifying one title not every title.

At first I read it as they were unifying all the titles so there would only be 1 in the whole company. That would've been cool.

It's about time. Should have been done years ago. Actually it was done years ago. It should have stayed that way.

Hey, i was pretty young at the time I don't know how well it worked rating wise and stuff. I just personally find Jericho to be awesome and would like if that happened.

It's either gonna be super Cena or Orton but wouldn't it be something if Miz waited till the person won that match then cashed in money in the bank.

This is the best news I've heard in years. I have despised the brand extension since the draft started, and this will be fucking awesome and will add more credibility to every title and division.

Why would anyone take this as bad news? Why have 30 titles you do nothing with when you could have a few that mean a lot.

And even more importantly it could cut the number of title reigns in half. In other words, no more instances of guys like Edge having 9 titles. Edge is great, but having more reigns than guys like Rock or Austin? Come on now.

Exactly KB. This is simply AWESOME news in my book. World title reigns will once again mean something.

I get what you guys are getting at but that is in a perfect world. If this truly does happen then the title is gonna get hot potatoed between people and probably only on RAW. Smackdown is going to be on a new network and naked of titles that is not something i'd look forward to seeing.

I disagree, I think if anything the WWE has shown they're trying to go in a new direction with new stars, I think we'll be seeing less title changes and longer reigns in the long run with these plans. Did you read the rest of the report, about how the plans are to unite the two Heavyweight titles in Atlanta next year at Wrestlemania? That's going to be fucking amazing, especially if they really play up the link of the WHC to the old WCW and NWA title and it's roots and history in Atlanta, it could presumably be amazing.

Cannot wait for Mania 27 if these are in fact the plans they go with.

it is an awesome idea, do you want to see Miz as the eternal U.S. champ that doesn't defend it? I don't.

the only downside is that Cen is going to win that match (against the Undertaker and therefore retire him :wtf:)

I disagree, I think if anything the WWE has shown they're trying to go in a new direction with new stars, I think we'll be seeing less title changes and longer reigns in the long run with these plans. Did you read the rest of the report, about how the plans are to unite the two Heavyweight titles in Atlanta next year at Wrestlemania? That's going to be fucking amazing, especially if they really play up the link of the WHC to the old WCW and NWA title and it's roots and history in Atlanta, it could presumably be amazing.

Cannot wait for Mania 27 if these are in fact the plans they go with.

That would be REALLY cool, but I don't see the WWE pandering to the fans that would actually care about something like that. It wouldn't matter to their target audience, therefore, I'd imagine they'd stay away from it. Well, maybe not completely, but I don't think they would play it up.

Raw has pretty much had the monopoly on the tag titles all year, can't see it being any different when they've got one world title.

I don't care either way, so long as the final unification match, for the world title, has two newer guys going for it.

I actually think its a good idea in some ways, and a bad idea in some ways.

The good part is... its going to bring prestige, and meaning to those titles.

I think what WWE should do is: Unify the World Titles, make it an Inter-Brand Title dub it "The WWE Heavyweight Championship" This willl have both RAW's Main Eventers and Smackdown's Main Eventers fighting for it.

Now They should stick with the U.S & Intercontinental Championships, it would mean more to their respective brand, now that the World title is The biggest of both brands.

Hell, maybe bring back the Cruiserweight title as a lower-mid card title, and a nother lower-mid card to smackdown!

That way the Mid-Card titles will be the brands title, which upper-cards can fight for, and have more meaning.

Now for who will be the Unified Champion....John Cena or Randy Orton, their both on top of their game..

WWE will obviously chose their baby-face John Cena, to make "history" again.

I have thoughts about this like a roller coaster...im happy and not so happy.

If the brand extension ends too I will be good. But I will think they should add I undercard title or keep the IC and US title seprated just so they don't get even more lost in the shuffle.

Raw has pretty much had the monopoly on the tag titles all year, can't see it being any different when they've got one world title.

I don't care either way, so long as the final unification match, for the world title, has two newer guys going for it.

You know the unification match is going to be HHH vs. Taker. Maybe Cena vs. Taker.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back