• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Player or Management?

Little Jerry Lawler

Sigmund Freud On Ritalin And Roids
Albert Haynesworth didn't show up to Redskins mini-camp because he doesn't like the new defense that is being implemented. He's unhappy about the team switching to a 3-4 defense and he has made his unpleasantness known. Now the Redskins are trying to get back a $21 million bonus given to Haynesworth.

I can see where Albert is coming from because he was best in a 4-3 defense with the Titans and he was supposedly promised when he signed with Washington that they wouldn't switch defenses. However, I feel like he is more concerned with personal statistics instead of team success. His Redskins teammates have spoken out against him saying what he is doing is selfish. When Zorn was fired, I'm sure management wasn't looking for a coach to appease Haynesworth's wishes. They were looking for the best coach and they found a good one in Shanahan. Management wants to win but it seems Haynesworth doesn't want the same. I would feel different if he was productive last season but his play slipped after he got his new contract. I tend to side with management on this one.

So do you side more with Albert Haynesworth or with Redskins management and why?

Bonus Question: Do you feel if management expects players to live up to their end of the bargain, should players expect the same in return?

Albert Haynesworth didn't show up to Redskins mini-camp because he doesn't like the new defense that is being implemented. He's unhappy about the team switching to a 3-4 defense and he has made his unpleasantness known. Now the Redskins are trying to get back a $21 million bonus given to Haynesworth.

I can see where Albert is coming from because he was best in a 4-3 defense with the Titans and he was supposedly promised when he signed with Washington that they wouldn't switch defenses. However, I feel like he is more concerned with personal statistics instead of team success. His Redskins teammates have spoken out against him saying what he is doing is selfish. When Zorn was fired, I'm sure management wasn't looking for a coach to appease Haynesworth's wishes. They were looking for the best coach and they found a good one in Shanahan. Management wants to win but it seems Haynesworth doesn't want the same. I would feel different if he was productive last season but his play slipped after he got his new contract. I tend to side with management on this one.

So do you side more with Albert Haynesworth or with Redskins management and why?
I cannot for the life of me see how anyone can side with Albert Haynesworth. He signed a MEGA deal (I believe one of the largest for his position ever), had a so-so year last year, and is refusing to play just because of the defensive system a Super Bowl winning coach is implementing. He signed with the Washington Redskins, and I highly doubt there is anything in his contract that says he will only play is a 4-3 defense. If he was really pissed and wanted out, then he should have told the team that he didn't want the 21 million dollar bonus he got a month or so ago.

It is the job of the Washington Redskins (and all teams) management to put the best team then can on the field. They feel that Mike Shannahan will help do that. As a player (making a crapload of money), you need to suck it up and try your hardest. If you don't fit in the new defenses scheme, then they will move you (the Jets did it with Jonathan Vilma when they went to a 3-4, and with Kerry Rhodes when he didn't fit with Rex Ryan), and you get to try it in a more familiar defense. Every time a team makes a change in their defensive scheme, they get rid of good players, because they aren't good enough in the new system.

Bonus Question: Do you feel if management expects players to live up to their end of the bargain, should players expect the same in return?
Yes, players should expect management to live up to their end of the bargain. However, it is the job of the player to live up to his end of the bargain first, since he is being paid by the management. Managements main priority is to field a competitive team, and the Skins are doing everything they can (in the offseason) to do that. Haynesworth is crying like a little bitch, and needs to grow up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back