Piercings! Whats your stance?

Uncle Phatso

Mid-Card Championship Winner
Personally myself I've done all of mine on my own. I only have two atm, I have both of my ears gauged out to 00. I love piercings, but Wrestlezone when does it become to much? I've had both ears at half an inch and my eyebrow done about 3 times. I had my labret pierced and I've also done my frenulum under my tongue.

I am not an advocate for self piercing, but I've done all mine on my own. I know how to keep them clean and how to let them heal. Over the last two years I have also done a few for friends. I also do not condone piercings without parent permission or doing them while being unlicensed. Because that can put you in an ass load of trouble. Especially if your doing it on an under-aged client. That's why I've stopped until i feel fit to go under an apprenticeship or just flat out get a license.

Piercings are fun, yes they are. But they can also lead to many bad things. You can spend hundreds of dollars on cosmetic doctors to get your ears or other body parts stitched close. Regular doctors will not stitch up a ripped piercing, No matter the situation. Its not their job, you have to go to a plastic surgeon for that. I have asked a few local doctors about this and they all have assured me that they can't help with ripped piercings unless they are causing major blood loss.

Also any infection can really be a bitch, some piercings will not take no matter how well taken care of. Its just not meant to be for some people, and people just keep trying to let it heal and it wont. That will cause major infection and possibly even death if the infection goes into your blood stream.

So now my stance on it all. I love them, but to many are just to many. I hate seeing women and men with tons of ear piercings, I really think 5 is enough. Any more and it just kind of looks terrible.

Also really large gauges that deform your ear look terrible. I thought with my ear lobes being as big as they were that half inches were perfect. Others have smaller lobes and different setting. So its kind of different strokes for different people.

I'm also not big on alto of facial piercings. I feel that they look terrible when you have alto of them on your face. Like 3 lip piercings, your nose, your tongue, and eyebrows. That's just way to many. A few piercings to set you out from the crowd is cool. But when your counting in on the double digits that's just way to much.

I also dislike people who get trendy piercings, Ie snake bites and spider bites. When they have no clue on how to take care of them. They let them get infected. Then for months and even years they have large discoloration scars on their lips.

Also ladies and gentlemen that decide to get dermal and subdermal. That's cool, but know how to take care of those also. I've seen quite a few people as of late getting them. But not knowing how to take care of them. They are not regular piercings. They are sub dermal (under the skin) implants. Not alto of piercing shops do them any ware. But the ones that do usually do a good job. You should all ways keep your LICENSED pro piercer on call when getting a dermal. Because if infected they can become quite a hassle.

Now the big one, nipple genital piercings, or other taboo piercings. Now in the 21'st century they are becoming very popular. I will never get one, but just like the dermal they can become very hard to take care of. So just be careful.

So tell me what you think of them.

I had my ears pierced,LOVED it, then the holes closed. No I'm scared to get 'em back because keloids are like my worst fear.

Eyebrow and Chin/lip?. Going for my second eyebrow peircing soon. why? Because I like the pain and I can't afford tattoo's just yet. I think as long as your face isn't covered in peircings it's ok. (and as long as they can't fall out if you work in the food biz.) My peircings if I was to have them taken out I would need two sets of pliers to do it. so I know mine are safe. and I wouldn't take them out.

Edit: I fucking hate those ones that leave the gapping hole in the ear. They look disgusting.

Eyebrow and Chin/lip?. Going for my second eyebrow peircing soon. why? Because I like the pain and I can't afford tattoo's just yet. I think as long as your face isn't covered in peircings it's ok. (and as long as they can't fall out if you work in the food biz.) My peircings if I was to have them taken out I would need two sets of pliers to do it. so I know mine are safe. and I wouldn't take them out.

Edit: I fucking hate those ones that leave the gapping hole in the ear. They look disgusting.

I actually have thoes gapping holes in my ears lol. I hate it when people walk around without their plugs in. Its just kind of creepy. And this is comming from a dude who could put his whole pinky through his ear. Lmfao that might not be much, but still its just kind of a thing for me. If you make the decision to go big or go home. You should wear your plugs at all times outside. It is gross.

Perfect example here, I wen't to hot topic about 6 months ago with a couple buddies. I didn't know the dude working there he was new. But he just reaked, I could smell it comming off of him. He didn't have his fucking plugs in and they were like 1 inch + i looked closer and you could actually see the ring of dirt on his ears from him not cleaning them.

I take mine out every day and fucking clean them. Thats terrible, and honestly if I would have been the boss I would have sent him home and made him clean them.

The spencers on the other hand in that mall has a very strict policy about it. You can have them, in any size. But you have to have them in at all times. No exceptions. if you don't you have to have a patch of tape over or a bandaid. I asked a worker friend of mine who works there about it because she had some tape on her ears, And she told me about that rule they had.

Besides the classic piercing of the ear lobes of women, I generally find the whole affair tacky and gross. Of course people are free to do what the they wish with their bodies, but I've the same right to shake my head in judgmental disgust upon my having to view them. Simply put, more often than not egregious piercings distort the natural aesthetics of the human form and I usually don't find them visually pleasing.

I don't understand why people even have a "stance" on piercings. It's nobody elses' business. Yeah, people are allowed to have an opinion on it and make judgments, but I don't, because I'm not a douche bag (no offense LigerBomb). It would be like having an opinion on homosexuality. Sure, you can have your opinions and make judgments, but at the end of the day, it's nobody's business except the people actually involved.

I agree with the cheese man here. To each their own. Personally I have absolutely no piercings whatsoever, not do I plan on getting any. My perogative. I see others who have pierced multiple parts of their bodies. Not my thing but if that's what they want to do, so be it. Not my place to say they are right or they are wrong. Personally I don't see the aesthetic value of it but that's just me.

I am personally not a fan of the tongue piercing because I think it's simply unhealthy. Not a big fan of the nipple piercing because it looks too painful. Ear piercing of course looks fine, but I don't like the look of 4 or 5 piercings on the same ear. Nose piercings look like the person has a zit on their nose. However, on the right woman, I find the bellbutton piercing pretty sexy.

I guess in short, I don't really have a stance per se on piercings. Not my thing personally but I have no problem with someone else doing it if that's what they want to do.

I had them done in college, 10 years ago.(Yeah, Im dating myself:shrug:). Personally, I did it because alot of my friends had them, and I wanted to fit in. My family and girlfriend were not so accepting.

-My dad: "I didn't know I raised 3 girls"(I have two sisters)

- My mom: "You had better be joking." When i told her i wasn't, she started to cry. Seriously.

- My girlfriend: "I dont know you anymore!!!!!!!!!!" :lmao:

Seriously, whats the big deal? Ive long since taken them out, not only because theyre not acceptable in the field I work, but because I simply outgrew the phase. But I don't see the problem with them, and just like tattoo's(not the permanence obviously), to each their own. I have 2 tattoos, but I'd never get covered in them. As long as you're safe about them, honestly, thats the most important thing. My wife has her naval pierced, and my only concern was that she went somewhere reputable and safe. Other then that, I dont see the big deal. And that's regardless of where you get them on your body, or how many you have.

I don't understand why people even have a "stance" on piercings. It's nobody elses' business. Yeah, people are allowed to have an opinion on it and make judgments, but I don't, because I'm not a douche bag (no offense LigerBomb). It would be like having an opinion on homosexuality. Sure, you can have your opinions and make judgments, but at the end of the day, it's nobody's business except the people actually involved.

I agree with him. I hate when people judge these kind of things. So what if someone wants to have a piercing put in?

I personally like them.More on women than men, but that's more attributed to my love of women lol.I think there is a point where it becomes a little too much, but that's only if the person is completly covered, but even than, who am I to judge.I also think we should throw tattoos into the mix for the sake of conversation, because I have such a stance against people who look down on the fact that people get tattoos. If someone wants to do something (within reason obviously), they should be able to do it.

I love piercings and I used to have my monroe done for a while before I had to take it out for work after a high up management lady came in and told me to take it out and it healed by the end of my shift. I tried to repierce it at home with the actual bar and it started to bleed bad so I just let it go, but now that I'm no longer working for them I might get it re-done although I don't know how it's going to go getting another job.

I think once you can count the facial piercings on more than one hand then that's enough. I have a thing where I absolutely HATE septum piercings. I think they look terrible. Stretchers are ok aslong as they aren't too big, anymore more than 10mm is a no no for me.

Ha, it's not as if I decide/choose to find them unappealing it's my natural inclination. And certainly once these people who have them interact with the general public—myself obviously included—they/I, then become some of "the people actually involved". Consequently it then becomes my/everyone's business. Hence, the commonsense practice of covering tattoos and removing egregious piercings when going on the majority of job interviews –for example.

I love piercings and I used to have my monroe done for a while before I had to take it out for work after a high up management lady came in and told me to take it out and it healed by the end of my shift. I tried to repierce it at home with the actual bar and it started to bleed bad so I just let it go, but now that I'm no longer working for them I might get it re-done although I don't know how it's going to go getting another job.

I think once you can count the facial piercings on more than one hand then that's enough. I have a thing where I absolutely HATE septum piercings. I think they look terrible. Stretchers are ok aslong as they aren't too big, anymore more than 10mm is a no no for me.

Lol 10 mm is pretty big dude, ten is what i'm at right now. I plan on maybe going bigger 13.5 is half inch in plug standards. That might be what i'm going back to next month. But I really don't plan on going any higher. I might, but idn.

My problem right now with people getting them done is not knowing how to care for them. They are just like a pet, you have to take care of them for them to look nice. I get a little chuckle when i see people with infections. I ask them what they used to clean them and 6 our of 10 of the times its allways peroxide. The old tale that its good for cleaning is true, but it also cleans out the hole to well. It causes the natural oils in the body to not form. Thus not letting the piercing heal right.

Some people say oh it dosen't hurt. It might not hurt, but the scaring and discolorment does after a while. I'm sorry and i know i'm being a hypocrite right now. But i can't stress it enough, please when you want a new piercing go to a pro. I personally did all of mine myself. But I used clean brand new in package needles and a sterile platform. I had one problem when I was younger.

I seen kids in school walking around with fresh ones all the time. Thats cool, some people might not come out of it with an infection. But take it from me, when I first did my ear, I was 12. I did it with a thumbtack. I didn't clean it. Two weeks later I landed in the hospital with staff infection from my ear all the way down my chest. My docter told me that within two days the infection could have went into my blood streem. Thus possibly causing long term problems, or even death. Thats why i'm stressing this, Please they are cool. It's your choice but the problems that can come from it arent worth the risk. Spend the extra 20-30 dollars to get yourself a pro to do it. Saves alot of time and alot of pain. Take it from me, been their done that.

I'm neutral on piercings. I would never get one myself, but I do support it usually though if one of my friends chooses to get one. I'm firm in my stance of never getting one myself because of my dislike of the process that it would take to make the piercing. It seems like it would be too painful, plus there's nowhere that I would want one. The only place I really dislike it in are tongue-rings. I am turned off by the thought of kissing someone and feeling metal in the tongue. I'm also not a fan of belly rings but I can tolerate them. Other than that, I'm rather open when it comes to my peers getting a piercing.

I got my ear pierced a few months ago.My friends all thought it was the gay ear when it wasnt but they dont really care know.

Only problem I have with piercings like Dagger said is tongue piercings.Thats a real turn off for me.

Really the stance on the gay ear means nothing. Many people consider the left ear to be the male piercing and right to be "gay". With as many guys getting both pierced its become socially acceptiable to get them both pierced.

I remember going into school one morning and people calling me gay for some reason. Later on checking my ears I noticed that my left plug had fallen out and my right was still in. I got a chuckle out of it because on checking my bed when I got home it had just fallen out durning the night and I did'nt notice.

I really don't see the point in calling someone gay for anything unless you know they are gay. Piercings deffinatly do not mean you are gay anymore unless you make them that way.

Yea I know.I have a friend who has both ears pierced and no one really says anything.The only problem I have is that one guy in my grade has the same earring and his actually gay.I dont really care but it earns me a bit of jks from my friends.

The term gay ear came from the 80's. Right ment gay and left ment male. To be honest its kind of funny, because in gay culture it goes both ways. The right ear ment bottom and the left ment top. So really in the 80's people labeling others gay for the left ear really ment nothing. Because a perfectly gay male could be wearing the left ear ring meaning top. So really people just make up things once again to bash gays. Its quite pointless really.

Other than the traditional ear-piercings, I'm not the biggest fan. I don't like gauges, belly piercings, facial piercings. Just not my proverbial cup o' tea. Nonetheless, I don't judge people for them. I think they'll have a harder time finding a regular job. Their choice, not mine, though.

Regardless, I just don't like the "mess" look it. What looks like mess to me, looks like art to others. And that's actually cool, in the sense that we are all different. But, they're not for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back