Piercing's

Sparky

Master of the Aussie kiss
im sick of people saying that they dont look respectful. i have my eyebrow pierced. All it is is a small bar. They are not as bad as tattoos wich are more permanent. i work in retail and get more compliments then i do complaints.

I dont think they are to bad i mean one or two piercings doesnt make you look any less respectful then with out them. i can understand if you have your face full of metal becouse that does look disgusting. but one just gives you more character imo.

thats my opinion what is yours?

People are always going to judged because of the way they look. If you don't want tio draw attention to yourself then remove the piercing. It's that simple. If you don't care then keep it. It's not like you know these people. So long as the people you do know, know your a nice guy then what does it matter.

But in general piercings in the face, especially eyebrows, and lips look common.

I've never been a fan of big piercings. I don't really have an issue with ears or nose, but not a big fan of the eyebrows or lips. They can look very ncie and on women, quite sexy at times. Piercings to me can be very nicely done, or badly done also. In the store I work in, a man came in with loops inside his ear (not sure what those are called) that a quarter could pass through. To me, that is far too much.

Piercings to me can be very nicely done, or badly done also. In the store I work in, a man came in with loops inside his ear (not sure what those are called) that a quarter could pass through. To me, that is far too much.

that is what i am getting at. just a normal one piercing is perfectly fine imo.
Its when they go to the extremes and have way to many or where they stretch their ears way to far. i also had someone came into work the other day with a one of them massive things that stretch their earlobe i could of stuck two fingers in the hole easily i just dont see why they would do it. its basically stuck like that for the rest of their life after they do that.

I've never had a problem with people with piercings, a lot of my friends have them couldn't care less. Now would I date a chick with her septum pieced, no but I wouldn't treat her badly or judge her other than I don't find septum piercings attractive. I'll never get piercings or tattoos of any kind but that's a personal decision and not because I care what people think of me but it's just not something I've ever felt I needed or wanted to do as I don't find them attractive.

dont get one they look stupid and make it seem like you want to stand out but then again this time im not gonna stop you or whatever id just rather everyone not get them

sometimes people get them because they like getting mutilated that i find very strange

i also know some people get them to look hard
moshers get them to look different

earings can be very dangerous because they can catch onto things
also piercings can give you infections, some people can be allergic to the metal or become allergic to it after awhile because of the prolonged contact

i personally wouldnt get one i mean im perfectly fine the way i was born

there are some things id rather people didnt do or get but heck im not going to physicaly stop you or tell you off

clearly getting piercings on you lady or man parts is for either your partner or some sort of wicked self mutilation because damn in our society you cover those parts up so no sees it

I'd only ever get my ears pierced I think. I have nothing against people that do, it just wouldn't suit me. I don't think facial piercings look good on women, although on msn, lips and eyebrow piercings look great.

However, this stems from 'gang culture'. The stereotypes of these often have piercings such as their eyebrows. With this the impression of crime, or impoliteness comes from it. Working in retail, I could see this being a problem as some people, especially older, see a piercing automatically as a bad thing. Really it all just stems down to stereotypes, and how right or wrong they turn out to be.

All you have to do is work against the stereotype. You have a HBK avator, you must be a good guy, so show that off. I know it's unfair you have to, but you're fighting against the stereotype of piercings being bad, which helps you and every other person with piercings.

Why would someone want to pierce through flesh?
Why would someone want to have a piece of metal hanging out of them?

I dont not understand the logic in this!

I dont even see the point in wearing a ring or chain, unless its a religious thing or a marital thing or it has some use to it, like watches they tell the time. Rings do nothing, neither does piercings they dont do anything whats the point in them?

Why would someone want to pierce through flesh?
Why would someone want to have a piece of metal hanging out of them?

I dont not understand the logic in this!

I dont even see the point in wearing a ring or chain, unless its a religious thing or a marital thing or it has some use to it, like watches they tell the time. Rings do nothing, neither does piercings they dont do anything whats the point in them?

If you're going for this way, which I completely disagree with, then I can continue. What's the point in you wearing nice clothes? What's the point in girls wearing make up? What's the point in designer labels?

People get piercings because they like them. They think they look good, and give people more confidence. It's also a staement of individuality, and adds character to a person.

Wearing a necklace, or a ring, it's because they look nice. I wear jewellery because I think it looks nice, because I've bought it or someone else has bought it for me. There doesn't always have to be a practical side to everything. Looking good or simply giving yourself confidence or character is enough of a reason.

I don't see anything wrong with piercings in general. My friends for the most part all have them, I don't. I don't see aything wrong with it. However around here, if you have them you'll probably not get hired for a job if you are not willing to take them out. I don't agree with that, but that's just how things work around here. My personal view is that there is no real difference from wearing a ring on your finger and having a little ring in your nose. It's all the same to me. I see that Kieran went and got himself banned, so I'm not going to try explaining it to him. Like Becca said. Piercings often times are a statement of individuality. If people want them. Let them. I really don't see what the big deal is since these things have been around since ancient times....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back