Pick 10 Matches of Edge.

MoizH28

Pre-Show Stalwart
Remember this is a non spam section. Do not simply post a list without reasons or comments.

This is the first of a new series of threads Im gonna tryout. Your in charge of picking 10 matches to put on Edge's WWE dvd. They can include past superstars as well (Hardys,Benoit,Hogan ETC.) Here's my list of the ten I would put on...

10. Edge vs Foley Hardcore Match Wrestlemania : Great match loved the finish.

9.Edge vs Matt Hardy Summerslam : This match made Edge and Matt Hardy two of my most favorite superstars in the WWE.

8. TLC #1 : WWE was on top of the game with the tag division at the time.

7. TLC #2: No one thought the second would be as good as the first but it was right on par.

6.Edge vs Kurt Angle Cage Match Smackdown: I dont know if you guys remember this match but it had the great finish with Edge hitting a jumping Spear on Angle.

5.Edge vs Taker Wrestlemania: Doesnt need explaining, probably the biggest moment of Edge's career.

4.E&C vs the Hardys First ever tag team ladder match. I saw this on the Hardys dvd I cant recall when it was held.

3. Edge vs Angle Loser gets head shaved: I believe this was held on a Judgement day ppv. Very good match.

2. Money in the Bank Flashbacks: I wouldnt have all of the matches on there but I would have highlights of Edge since he provided great moments in the match.

1.Edge and Ric Flair Raw in North Carolina- I still remember this match. Flairs whole family was in attendance and everyone thought for a split second Edge was gonna lose the title.

Thoughts, Comments, your ideas?

Edge vs Foley should be higher. That match might just be the most brutal match ever at a WM.

Edge vs Hardy SummerSlam '05 was a disaster due to the early finish. The cage match at Unforgiven was way better.

Edge vs Cena at Unforgiven 06 TLC in toronto. That match was amazing, the story was amazing, and as always the Toronto crowd was awesome.

My top 10 Edge matches would look something like this:

1. Edge vs. Kurt Angle- Judgment Day 2002: The hair vs. hair match that was just incredible. Probably my favorite Edge match. Excellent athleticism and drama in this match.

2. Edge vs. Matt Hardy- Unforgiven 2005: This was the steel cage in their series from 2005. One of the all tiume great cage matches, to go along with one of the greatest storylines/feuds of all time.

3. Edge vs. Christian- No Mercy 2001: The ladder match for the IC title. Maybe the most underrated ladder match ever. Watch it again!

4. Edge vs. John Cena- Backlash 2009: The last man standing match that followed up Wrestlemania 25. Very brutal, intense match that gave Edge his 9th world championship.

5. Edge vs. Undertaker- Wrestlemania 24: The main event of WM24, it was an epic. Edge showed great skill in this match, countering everything 'Taker threw at him. Very intense match, it was a different match out of Edge than we were used to.

6. Edge vs. Eddie Guerrero- Smackdown 2002: The no DQ match that capped off their series in 02. Words I can use are brutal, violent, athletic, dramatic, intense, it had everything. One of the great free tv matches of all time.

7. Edge vs. Mick Foley- Wrestlemania 22: Unreal. These two took mania extreme. Great chemistry between the two, they threw everything at each other. The ending was insane.

8. Edge vs. Kurt Angle- Smackdown 2002: The cage match that was the end to their year long feud. One of the top 5 cage matches ever. Edge has noted this match was maybe his greatest. All I know is I can watch Edge and Kurt wrestle everday..

9. Edge vs. John Cena- Unforgiven 2006: The TLC match for the WWE title. These guys had an epic feud that started in January when Edge became the 1st man to cash in a money in the bank contract. What ensued was epic, violent, drama that gave us maybe the greatest ending to a TLC match ever.

10. Edge vs. Ric Flair- Raw 2006: Another TLC match, the 1st one ever for the WWE title. All Edge did was carry the 60 year old Flair through his 1st ladder match, in Flair's home court of North Carolina with his family ringside, and made the both of them look like a million bucks. A very dramatic, tug on your heart strings match.

PS. I chose to only use singles matches, as there are way too many epic tag team contests that Edge was a part of, that would be part of a different list all together.

Thank you Adam Copeland!!!

10. Edge vs. Chris jericho- Steel cage match- Extreme rules 2010 (This was the best match of the PPV, and the closing chapter of there feud last year, Great match)

9. Edge vs. Christian- Ladder match- 2001- (A very good ladder match, and surprisingly not as talked about as you might think)

8. Edge vs. Kurt angle- Loser shaves head (A great wrestling match, entertaining from start to finish)

7. Edge vs. Undertaker- Wrestlemania 24 (The Only time Edge headlined WMania and it was an Awesome match)

6. Edge vs. Matt hardy- Steel cage match- (Matt hardy won this match, but both of these guy's put on an AWESOME cage match)

5. Edge and Christian vs. The Hardys- Ladder match- No mercy (The First ever tag team ladder match, and the best one if you ask me)

4. Edge vs. John cena- Last man standing- Backlash- (Awesome from start to finish)

3. TLC match- Wrestlemania 17 (An Orgasmic match)

2. Edge vs. Undertaker- TLC match- One night stand- (A truly career defining Moment for the Rated R superstar)

1. Edge vs. Mick foley- Hardcore match- WMania 22 (Such a brutal, disgusting and Painful match...but Edge's greatest)

You've mention almost all the great ones. Edge vs Eddie Guerrero from SummerSlam 2002 was a great match as well.

It also important to mention that Edge is the only man to ever win King of The Ring, The Royal Rumble, and Money In the Bank.

Good Thread as I was actually thinking about Edge's Best Matches throughout his Career today. In no particualar order.

1.Edge vs John Cena,Unforgiven 2006-Just an Awesome TLC Match for the WWE Title with both guys going balls out to give us something special. Plus a Hot Crowd in Toronto that night as well.

2.Edge vs Mick Foley,Wrestlemania 22-This was one of the Best Hardcore Matches I have ever seen. The Flaming Table spot was SICK and the Chicago Crowd ate it up.

3.Edge vs Ric Flair,RAW January 2006-The first ever TLC Match for the WWE Title from Flair's backyard of Raliegh NC. I actually thought Ric was going to win this but both guys put on amazing display.

4. E & C vs The Hardy Boyz,No Mercy 1999-The first ever Tag Team Ladder Match in WWF/E History. All four guys stole the PPV that night and well deserved standing ovation from the Cleveland crowd that night.

5.Edge vs Matt Hardy,Unforgiven 2005-Part of the intense Edge/Matt Feud in 2005 that started at Summerslam a month before. Great Match and awesome spots throughout.

6.TLC 1,Summerslam 2000-Nuff said about that one.

7.TLC 2,Wrestlemania 17-Edge's Spear on Jeff Hardy was the highlight of this one.

8.Edge,Mick Foley,Lita vs Tommy Dreamer,Terry Funk,Bealuh,ECW ONS 2006-This was another brutal Hardcore Match capped off with Edge spearing Bealuh for the win.

9.Edge vs Undertaker,Wrestlemania 24-Edge's 1st Mania Main Event with The Deadman for the WHC and it did not dissapoint.

10-Edge vs Alberto Del Rio,Wrestlemania 27-Edge's last Match in the WWE and went out on top as World Heavyweight Champion.

Honorable mentions-vs Kurt Angle at Backlash & Judgment Day 2002,Christian at
No Mercy 2001,vs John Cena at Backlash 2009,vs Eddie Guerrero on Smackdown in September 2002,vs Rob Van Dam at Vengeance 2006,Shawn Micheals on RAW in February 2005 & January 2007,1st MITB at Wrestlemania 21,vs Taker ONS 2008,vs Jeff Hardy at Extreme Rules 2009. There are more but those are my Favorite Edge Matches

Maybe I’ll come back and list ten matches, but for now I want to just mention one that hasn’t been mentioned yet.

Edge & Rey Mysterio vs. Kurt Angle & Chris Benoit from No Mercy 2002

This should be on everyone’s list. If you haven’t seen this, or have forgotten about it, do yourself a favor and go watch it right now. You won’t be disappointed. This was an awesome match. It’s one of my all time favorites. These four all worked beautifully together that night. The pacing was perfect as the match started nice and basic and got better and better along the way. The crowd was getting more and more excited as the match went on. I think this is my favorite tag match ever. I know the TLC matches and matches with Christian and the Hardys are more famous, but the match from No Mercy 2002 is a hidden gem.

Here is my list IN ORDER!

10.Edge vs. Jeff Hardy (Ladder Match)

An early classic, people should have expected a great match from these two and they got one.

9.Edge vs. The Undertaker

Best Match of the night, for the best show of the year, edge=Awesomeness

8.Edge vs. Mick Foley (Hardcore Match)

Edge stole the show at a great wrestlemania, that proved him to be a legit top star.

7.Edge vs. John Cena (TLC)

Great Match great spots and great moments.

6.Edge vs. Eddie Guerrero (No DQ)

Great match, highlights edge's talents in single wrestling.

5.Edge vs. John Cena (Last Man Standing)

Wrestlemania rematch, really good match, Edge has given John Cena the match of his life.

4.Edge vs. Randy Orton (Raw)

I'm talking about the 2007 match, an amazing match, very unpredictable and the best raw match of the year, yes even better then john cena vs. shawn michaels.

3.Edge vs. Kurt Angle (Hair vs. Hair)

Edge never had a better feud with anyone else, and hes the reason why the international wrestler is bald! Great performance by edge here.

2.Edge & Rey Mysterio vs. Chris Benoit & Kurt Angle For the first wwe tag champs

Edge can make a great match on his own, but the pairing of him and rey mysterio is flawless, he had one of the most impressive tag team wrestling ever.

1.TLC II (Wrestlemania 17)

Instant classic, Edge stole the show, Jeff Hardy was close behind, greatest performances in all these men's career.

10. Edge vs Eddie Guerrero (No DQ)

Two very talented wrestlers fighting off against each other, with no DQ in the days where WWE was allowed to be extreme, Can you guess why it's great?

9.Edge vs Chris Jericho vs Kane vs Christian vs Shelton Benjamin vs Chris Benoit (Money in the Bank Ladder Match) WrestleMania 21

Best ever Money in the Bank Ladder Match, I had to add this. Edge won, and this sealed his career, even though Edge was not the star of the match by any means.

8.Edge vs John Cena (Last Man Standing)

Most of John Cena's greatest matches were with Edge. John should thank Edge, because Edge showed why Cena was not some wrestler with only five moves.

7.Edge vs Mick Foley (Hardcore Match) WrestleMania 22

Probably one of the most OLD ECW worthy matches that WWE has ever done. It stole the show, and I always pictured this as a dream match.

6.Edge vs Undertaker (Singles Match) WrestleMania 24)

I don't care what anybody said about Ric Flair vs Shawn Michaels, this is the match that stole the show. Edge vs Undertaker, another dream match I have waited for, and after watching it, I applaud the two awesome wrestlers.

5.Edge vs Randy Orton (Singles Match) RAW (2 Weeks after WrestleMania 23)

I call this the forgotten classic. It happened on RAW, and I still can't remember why HBK vs Cena on Raw was said to be better. I always enjoyed this match more, these were the last years I liked Randy Orton also.

4.Edge vs Kurt Angle (Singles Match) Backlash 2002

Edge was a proven SINGLE WRESTLER, after his feud with Kurt Angle. The two had an awesome match up, with Edge going technical. Who does not love that?

3.Edge vs Kurt Angle (Hair vs Hair) Judgement Day 2002

A rematch of EPIC proportions, with the loser being shaved bald. It's obvious who won right? Kurt Angle, in real life, wanted his hair bald, because he was balding. Wonder why? *COUGH* STEROIDS *COUGH* Anyway, this match was fucking awesome. The men gave it everything in their right mind to make a FREAKING CLASSIC, and they succeeded.

2.Edge & Christian vs The Dudleyz vs The Hardy Boyz TLC II WrestleMania 17

At WrestleMania 17, this stole the show for me, in the greatest WrestleMania of all time. Edge and Jeff Hardy stole the show in this match, as I have never seen such stunts by anybody. His spear from the ladder on Jeff made me mark the fuck out.

1. Edge & Rey Mysterio vs Chris Benoit & Kurt Angle Tag Team Match 2002

The match had everything, technicality, high flying, classic style, loads of suspense and surprises. The prize was not so big, but these people showed you did not need a big title to make a great match. This was one of the last years where tag team wrestling was special to me.

Great Idea!

10.) Edge VS. Alberto del Rio - World Heavyweight Championship - WrestleMania 27
Edge's final match. He won, and got to leave on top of his game. Gotta include it! Might not have been one of his "best", but I feel we have to give him credit for his final match!

9.) Edge VS. Randy Orton - Intercontinental Championship - Vengeance 2004
All I remember is this match was good...

8.) Edge VS. Christian - Ladder Match for the Intercontinental Championship - No Mercy 2001
Christian...Christian...at last, you're on your oooooooown!
Unfortunately, this is the only time we'll enjoy the feud everyone in 2011 was begging for: Edge and Christian. In 2001, no one wanted to see Edge and Christian break up, let alone feud. But these two showed amazing chemistry together in a match they both did amazing things in. Although no one wanted to see Edge and Christian feud, we're all glad we did!

7.) Edge (w/Lita) VS. Matt Hardy - Steel Cage Match - Unforgiven 2005
It would be negligent to mention a Top 10 of Edge without mentioning his biggest feud of the last decade. WWE decided to bring the real-life, behind-the-scenes issues of Matt Hardy and Adam Copeland into the fans eyes, and the fans just ate it up. These two beat the living hell out of each other. And with Matt Hardy's victory, fans felt that Edge got what he deserved.

6.) Championship Unification Match - United States Champion Edge VS. Intercontinental Champion Test - Survivor Series 2001
In the middle of the Alliance war, championships were like hot potatoes. Titles go from Kurt Angle to Test to Edge to whoever the hell else held onto one of the numerous titles. After all the dust settled, the men who held both titles fought to ensure their place in the WWE/Alliance after the night was over. Edge showcased his skills and further established himself as an up-and-comer.

5.) Edge and Rey Mysterio VS. Kurt Angle and Chris Benoit - Tournament Finals for the newly created WWE Tag Team Championship - SmackDown! 2002
While Edge didn't necessarily come out as the winner in this match, it was simply fucking amazing! Even though these teams were just thrown together, this is everything the WWE should showcase in tag team wrestling today. Even through all the other matches, even competing with Rock VS. Hogan at WMX8, this match was chosen as the Match of the Year 2002!! A free, tag team match!

4.) TLC II for the WWF Tag Team Championship: Dudley Boyz (c) VS. Hardy Boyz VS. Edge & Christian - WrestleMania X7
Spear...off...of...ladder...to...Jeff...Hardy. Damn!
3.) Money in the Bank Ladder Match - WrestleMania 21
This match arguably began Edge's climb into the main event. Edge captured the first Money in the Bank, and held onto it to end John Cena's terribly long first title reign.

2.) Edge VS. Mick Foley - Hardcore Match - WrestleMania 22
This match was simply brutal. Thumbtacks, weapons, and a spear through a flaming table. For a man who helped revolutionize tag team ladder matches, this was brutal even for Edge's standards.

1.) Edge VS. Kurt Angle - Hair VS. Hair Match - Judgment Day 2002
If King of the Ring began Edge's climb, and Money in the Bank skyrocketed him, this match was the prelude to the greatness Edge would exhibit to the fans. In 2002, Edge had finished a King of the Ring victory, a great feud with Test at the end of the Alliance, and was arguably the hottest upper-mid card wrestler. The feud between Edge and Angle was just amazing, humorous, and one of the most underrated entertaining feuds of the last decade. Kurt Angle with the toupeed wrestling headgear afterwards was just hilarious.

As a massive Edgehead, I'm going to do my own list.
I love this idea and I think you should keep the series going.

1. Edge & Sable vs. Marc Mero & Jacqueline - Mixed tag match - Summerslam 1998
Actually a pretty shit match, but it was his first PPV bout. I'm pretty sure he was Sable's mystery partner. This was before even the brood was around, very nostalgic.

2. Edge & Christian vs. The New Brood (Hardy Boyz) - First ever tag team ladder match for the managerial services of Terri Runnels and $100,000 - No Mercy 1999
Come on, need I say anything? The first ever tag team ladder match! The stip was a bit weird and Lawler's nonstop comments about Terri can get annoying but this is a classic. Both teams were basically unknown by at this point. The crowd was dead during the entrances, but by the time the match was over they were giving a standing ovation.

3. Edge & Christian vs. Dudley Boyz vs. Hardy Boyz - TLC II for the WWF Tag Team Titles -WrestleMania X-Seven

I'm not even going to say anything here. If you haven't seen this match, you're not a wrestling fan!

4. Edge vs. Rhyno and then Kurt Angle - King of the Ring finals - KotR 2001
I think this win is overlooked a bit. Probably because E&C were still together and it was so far down the card. I'd also include his coronation ceremony the next night on Raw, as it's a classic.

5. Edge vs. Matt Hardy - Steel Cage Match - Unforgiven 2005

Probably my favourite match of the feud. I didn't like it too much but something from the feud had to be included.

6. Edge vs. Chris Jericho, Shelton Benjamin, Chris Benoit, Christian and Kane - First ever MitB match - Wrestlemania 21
This of course is one of the biggest moments of his career. He made the permanent jump from mid-card to main event. Probably show a highlights package of when he cashed in on Cena.

7. Edge w/Lita vs. Mick Foley - hardcore Match - Wrestlemania 22
I've seen this on the hardcore edition Foley's Greatest Hits & Misses. Mick says that this is Edge's first real experience with tacks and barbed wire and that it earned him a lot of respect. Edge had lost the WWE Championship and was just floating for a while. He worked a great program with Foley which shot him back to the top.

8. Edge vs. Batista vs. The Undertaker - World Heavyweight Championship triple threat - Armageddon 2007
Edge had won the WHC once but then he suffered yet another injury. Upon his return at Survivor Series 07 Edge cost Undertaker the title. This made a triple threat the following month where Edge was built as a bit of an underdog and like he didn't belong in the match. He went on to win.

9. Edge vs Undertaker - Hell in a cell - Summerslam 2008
Again, this is really just me picking a match that best sums up the feud.

10. Edge w/Christian vs. Alberto Del Rio w/Brodus Clay - WHC - Wrestlemania 27

Just coz it's his last big match.

I'm going to take it one step further, here are some segments:

1. King Edge the Awesome's KotR coronation ceremony
2. 5 Second Pose highlight package
3. Edge & Lita's Live Sex Celebration
4. His failure turtle speech
5. His Raw retirement announcement and SD! announcement/tribute
6. Tribute/ fave moments from various Superstars.

I would definitely buy this or any Edge DVD. And he's due another release soon. Please keep this idea going.
Might I suggest ones for Randy Orton, Triple H & CM Punk? Oh and maybe 15 matches.

Great thread.

We seem to have forgotten Edge and Foley vs. Dreamer and Terry Funk at ONS. Not your classic wrestling match but it surely was one to remember.

10. No Mercy 1999 Edge & Christian vs The Hardy Boys
This was the match that really solified Edge as a top player on the roster and the rest of them, 4 pretty much unknowns put on a classic ladder match was unheard of, that match was way ahead of it's time.

09. Tables, Ladders & Chairs II - Wrestle Mania X7 Edge & Christian vs The Dudleys vs The Hardy Boyz
Again this match is something of legend, and the stunts in this match were insane, crazy however that adds to the charm of Wrestlemania and the huge astradome.

08. King of the Ring 2001 Finals Kurt Angle vs Edge
The match wasn't great by any means but it's the fact King of the ring had been given that added value with Kurt winning the year before and him being in the final putting over a primarily a tag team guy (he'd yet to embark on a proper single run) and wow awesome title for Edge to win.

07. RAW 2006 WWE CHAMPIONSHIP Edge vs John Cena vs Rob Van Dam
On the spur match that could of very well been the SummerSlam 2006 Main event yet given to us on RAW, awesome match.

06. WRESTLEMANIA 22 - HARDCORE MATCH Edge vs Mick Foley
The match looked different on paper, wasn't any significant build up to it but jeez did this match play out or what?

05. Unforgiven 2006 TLC Edge vs John Cena
Watch the match it doesn't fail to give me goosebumps awesome bumps and surprising winner for the time.

04. No Mercy 2002 Edge & Rey vs Kurt Angle & Chris Benoit
WWE Tag team championships finals, on paper two non-traditional tag teams yet gelled really well and could of went on for a long time had WWE given them the opportunity.

03. Rebellion 2001 Cage Match Christian vs Edge
This was their rubber match on PPV.. UK PPV that is, watch it, it's pretty historical as it was the last time the thick barred cage was used now it's the mesh kind, pretty inventive ending, thou predictable as Christian's European belt wasn't on the line.

02. No Mercy 2001 Intercontiental Title Ladder Match Christian vs Edge
Brutal match, ask Christian and these two the masters of the ladder match bared all.. I was hoping we would have gotten their Ladder match rematch in 2011.. but nope.

01. Backlash 2002 Kurt Angle vs Edge
This is the single most important non-title match of Edge's career, Edge had just came off a couple of lack luster fueds with Regal and Booker and needed someone to bring him out of himself and Angle was the guy and this match was quiet possibly the match that made WWE realize Edge could be a main event guy some day.. WATCH it, even thou Edge jobbed that job did more Edge than a win would have.

I am trying to limit the amount of Edge & Christian matches and select the matches when Edge was a singles competitor

The List is not in order :

1) TLC II @ Wrestlemania x7

Trying to limit the number of E&C matches but this match was just too good to pass on. Actually any of the Triangle Ladder Match or TLC I could be included but I chose this because I felt it was slightly more entertaining than the other 2 and of course the indelible moment whereby Edge speared Jeff Hardy off that 20ft+ ladder.

2) Edge vs John Cena : Last Man Standing Match @ Backlash 2009

The TLC match between the both of them was incredible but this one makes my list too. One of Cena's best matches, it was an incredibly entertaining match and it was one of Edge's better matches as injuries began to mount up and his career dwindles down.

3) Edge vs Shawn Michaels : Street Fight @ RAW

This match was fantastic from my perspective and its forgotten by many. Overshadowed by Edge vs Foley, this match still had its luster. This was when Edge asserted himself as a main event player, he would then win the MITB a few weeks later.

4) Edge vs Mick Foley : Hardcore Match @ Wrestlemania 22

There is no way that this match is going to miss anyone's list. A good old-fashioned Hardcore match. Brutal is not enough to describe this clash, we had Blood, Thumbtacks, "Barbie", Tables and last but not least, "FIRE". A truly memorable match-up that was one of the only highlights of Mania 22.

5) Edge vs John Cena : TLC match @ Unforgiven 2006

These 2 have so much chemistry together. Another indelible match-up. The Toronto crowd was fantastic and the ending was solid. A great match that makes my top 10.

6) Edge vs The Undertaker : Streak vs Title @ Wrestlemania 24

I realized that most of my list comprises of gimmick matches, this was solely a singles bout and as the main event of the show, it did not disappoint. Edge mentioned this bout in his retirement speech on RAW, he was proud to main event Mania 24 and he should be. One of Taker's best bouts in his illustrious streak.

7) Edge vs Kurt Angle : Singles Match @ Backlash 2002

Another singles match and I was torn between choosing this, the Hair vs Hair at Judgment Day or the Steel Cage Match they had on Smackdown. I chose this because this was the 1st match in the series and it was a great match. Back and forth action and the two told a great story, crowd was into it. Thus, this makes my top 10.

8) Edge vs Matt Hardy : Steel Cage Match @ Unforgiven 2005

Another Unforgiven bout, but this one was extra special. How many singles matches in WWE that Matt Hardy participated in we can call great? This one was, it told an unbelievably great story and the booking for this match was near perfect, Edge carried Matt to one of his best singles matches of his career in the WWE, thus, this match makes my list.

9) Edge vs Randy Orton : Singles Match @ Vengeance 2004

Orton was on a long run as the IC Champion, Edge just returned from a year's absence and he wins the IC Championship. Great Match too.

10) Edge's Debut Match and Last Match

You said this was for a DVD, so the two matches is a must.

Moments

Edge defeats John Cena to win his 1st WWE Championship
Edge wins MITB
Edge wins KOTR and coronation
Edge wins the Royal Rumble

You've mention almost all the great ones. Edge vs Eddie Guerrero from SummerSlam 2002 was a great match as well.

You're wrong their Unforgiven and Smackdown NO DQ matches aced Summer Slam's, thou that card was STACKED with awesome matches this one didn't deliver, even Edge & Eddie said so and reportedly WWE hated the match.

Shame neither of them got to feud over a singles title, i honestly think they'd of put on quality matches.

I've already posted my list but honorable mention has to go to

Edge vs Double J - TO House Show (yes it was taped) July 1999.
Edge's first singles WWE title, he dropped the belt the following night at fully loaded..

8) Edge vs Matt Hardy : Steel Cage Match @ Unforgiven 2005

Another Unforgiven bout, but this one was extra special. How many singles matches in WWE that Matt Hardy participated in we can call great? This one was, it told an unbelievably great story and the booking for this match was near perfect, Edge carried Matt to one of his best singles matches of his career in the WWE, thus, this match makes my list.

The only part I don't agree with is saying Edge "Carried" hardy, it takes two to tango...both men made that match great, Plus Hardy's huge leg drop put it over the top. But this thread isn't about him, so I will shut my mouth now :p

Instead of this is tough to narrow done to 10, so im gonna try and do my best no particular order im gonna go with the beginning of his career to the end, picking his best match every year that he wrestled.

1.No Mercy 1999: Hardy Boyz vs Edge & Christian
4 young stars who were able to upstage a main event of austin vs tiple h, not an easy feat.

2.Wrestlemania 16: Triple team ladder match world tag team titles Dudleyz vs Hardyz vs Edge & Christian
The point in wrestling were tag team wrestling became just as important as the main event

3.Wrestlemania 17: TLC II World tag team titles Dudleyz vs Hardyz vs Edge & Christian
Stole the show at was already a stacked WWrestlemania with classic match after classic match

4.September 26, 2002 Smackdown: NoDq Edge vs Eddie Guerrero
Edge's first show stealing 1 on 1 match, just a preview of was to come

Since he was out the majority of 2003 lets get to 2004

5.Vengeance 2004: Intercontinental Randy Orton vs Edge
In a year where Benoit was having show stealing match ppv after ppv Edge and Orton managed to upstage Benoit and Triple H

6.Wrestlemania 21: Money in the Bank Edge vs Kane vs Christian vs Shelton Vs Jericho Vs Benoit
The turning point in Edge's Career, only 9 months away from his first WWE title

7.Wrestlemania 22: Hardcore match Edge vs Mick Foley
The last great hardcore match in WWE

8.April 30, 2007: Edge vs Randy Orton
Remember that HBK vs Cena 45 minute match, well in my opinion this was way better and shouldve been at Wrestlemania 23 as it was originally planned

2008 was a year for Edge where almost every ppv he was in he was having the best match so I'm gonna with the one that kicked off the fued of his career

9.Wrestlemania 24: World Heavyweight Championship Edge vs Undertaker
Although HBK vs Flair was a classic, this one should be held in the highest regard for all time best Wrestlemania matches

10.Smackdown June 19, 2009: Edge vs John Morrison
Rarely anymore do we get a classic wrestling match on tv, but a match that many hold on the same pedestol as HBK VS Shelton from Raw in 2005, once again while still beating the young up and comer the veteran gave the young star the match of his career

Yes this is titled 10 Edge matches, I'm doing one every year he was in WWE

11.Smackdown October 15, 2010 Edge vs Dolph Ziggler
Remember that Edge/JoMo match well I saw the same thing in this match, then they really stepped it up At the Rumble

12.Eliminatin Chamber 2010: Elimination Chamber match World title Edge vs Mysterio vs Kane vs Mcintyre Vs Big Show vs Barrett
Although we knew Edge would be facing Del Rio at Wrestlemania, he along with the other competitors made you thuink he could lose at any time, which is what a wrestling match should be about

Wrestlemaina 27: World Championship Edge vs Alberto Del Rio
I was somewhat critical of this match at first because at 11 minutes it didn't get the time a Wrestlemania World title match deserve, but although it was short it was still a very well done match. And once i found out that Edge was retiring the 11 minutes made sense so I understood why they did it.

I can safely say that Edge was my all time favorite wrestler, the Rated R Superstar was and is character that was never seen before and will never be seen again. A wrestler who was great in every aspect, successful in every posistion tag team, midcard, and main event, I knew one day Edge would be a main event player, but not to the degree he was(31 titles). There have been many wrestlers to hang it up at Wrestlemania, but only one can say he retired at Wrestlemania as World Champion..EDGE. Thank you Edge for a classic career. WWE Hall of Fame here he comes, and what better time to induct him then at Wrestlemania 29 when it will be held in Toronto, Canada.

10 - Edge vs. Cena Backlash 2009, A classic last man standing match which ended the greatest rivalry in post-attitude era.

9 - Edge vs. Cena vs. RVD , RAW 2006 : A text book Triple threat with an awesome ending which started the Rated R Superstar's tendency of being in championship race.

8 - Edge vs. Christian, No Mercy 2001 : A great ladder match between two best friends that can be an example of how to have a great ladder match. I loved the finish.

7 - Edge vs. Kurt Angle , Judgment Day 2002 : A career defining match for both of the guys. I just loved whenever Angle and Edge were at the same place. The both could wrestle and be hilarious.

6 - TLC 1, Summerslam 2000, The one and only time in the history of WWE that 6 non-main event guys changed business forever.

5 - TLC 2, No comment.

4 - Edge vs. The Undertaker, HIAC, Summerslam 2008 : I just love the feud. These two tore the freaking house down. Last great cage match in WWE.

3 - Edge vs. The Undertaker, TLC, Extreme Rules 2008 : What a great match.The cool part was that we've never seen Taker in match like that before. This match proved how much chemistry these two had.

2 - Edge vs. Mick Foley, Wrestlemania 22, Hardcore Match: After this match we all knew that Edge is no joke. He is there to hang with big boys till he became a big boy himself. My eyes nearly popped out during the match. the spear through fire is an legendary moment in WM history.

1 - Edge vs. John Cena, Unforgiven 2006, TLC match: This is the reason I'm a WWE fan. I was never a wrestling fan before 2006, but 2006 was the year I started to fall in love with action soap opera that WWE is. This match is awesome. This match is unforgettable. This match gives me multiple orgasms , while others hardly give me one. I know it's not an unbiased choice, but you can't ignore your special ones. Everything was great. The story was told in the best possible way. Edge owned everything, Canada was his home, TLC was his backyard. The determined superhero was inferior, but his heart and will helped him overcome the unbeatable villain. You celebrate over hero's victory but you've got to respect the hell out of the villain. This match is the reason I love WWE. I miss that era so much right now.

Honorable mentions : Taker vs. Edge , MITB WM 21, Edge vs. Test Survivor Series 2001, Edge vs. Jericho WM 26, Edge vs. HHH vs. Cena Backlash 2006, All of Edge vs. Angle matches.

Side note - Now I understand that how much I loved Edge. Cena has been my favorite whole my life and Edge was always the guy who completed him. When HBK retired, I was very sad but I knew it was inevitable. But this one was so uncalled and heart-breaking. I'm sure most of the people who never considered themselves Edge fans, just like me, will go back to their memories of him and will realize what a great supestar he has been. He'll be a first ballot Hall of Famer and I think he belongs to the elite group of WWE , right among people like Austin, Rock, Taker and HBK.

I did forget a couple more Matches of Edge I like as well.

Edge vs Kurt Angle-King Of The Ring 2001,The Match that would send Edge into his singles run and he would not look back.

John Cena vs HHH vs Edge-Backlash 2006,I like this one as well with all 3 guys going at it non-stop.

Edge vs Dolph Ziggler-Royal Rumble 2011,Loved this Match when I saw it with lots of counters & nearfalls.

Edge vs Undertaker-Summerslam 2008,Hell In A Cell and this proved you don't need blood to make a Great HIAC Match.

Edge vs Randy Orton-Vengeance 2004,This is a hidden gem I think and one that makes the IC Title still matter today.

Elimination Chamber 2011-Edge,Rey Mysterio,Big Show,Wade Barrett,Kane,and Drew Mcintyre went all out in this one. Loved the end with Edge & Rey going at it for the World Heavyweight Title.

Edge & Rey Mysterio vs Kurt Angle & Chris Benoit-No Mercy 2002,A classic for the New WWE Tag Titles. Go watch this one

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back