Physical WWE HOF

According to a friend they had a themed restaurant once and every now and then some superstars would drop buy. I also read somewhere they had a theme park but thats obviously gone now too. I wouldnt mind seeing a physical Hall of Fame although I wish it would be in NY. NYC has so much history with the WWE and it would be great to commemorate WWE's rise in the city that was so instrumental to its success. I would love to see some more statues like the one of Andre at Access. A title display case with authentic replicas of all WWE titles. A couple replica rings so that fans can jump in and mess around. Game rooms with displays and copies of all WWE games. It sounds like a great idea and its long overdue.

Your friend was probably referencing WWF New York/The World. It was in Times Square and lasted just over 3 years. Had that been more successful, I'm sure WWE would have considered NYC as a potential Hall of Fame venue. It flopped however, so a Hall of Fame that is part of a pre-existing theme park complex makes much more sense. I never heard of WWE having its own theme park though, that's news to me.

NYC as well as scomvp's beloved Vegas are bad choices for other reasons that aren't readily apparent to fans (taxation, operating costs). WWE also has two facilities already located in the greater Orlando area (NXT, Performance Center), and Florida's pro wrestling history is as great or greater than any other possible locale. Universal Studios is really the best place for a physical WWE Hall of Fame for all parties involved.

FL does have a low corporate tax and no income tax so thats always a plus
The one thing that would be difficult in a place like NYC,Vegas, and Orlando are their is so many surrounding attractions and if its just a HOF with a half ass run restaurant it will fail
Their is a reason why most of the HOF's aren't in cities like I mentioned above just because if you are looking for a high profit it just doesn't exist
As far as Orlando with all the attractions how is a facility with little interaction going to take customers away from themed parks
I understand the HOF will have some concepts that WM Access Weekend has but will that be enough to make a really good profit
VKM doesn't like to make marginal profits but enormous profits to have a lot of praise come his way
The other two locations that could be good is the most travelled transit airport area would be Atlanta along with the fastest growing city other than Vegas would be Charlotte
Both have rich wrestling tradition

I'm kinda iffy on the whole Universal Studios location thing. I mean, It's easy to understand wanting the building to be in Orlando, with it being such a big tourist destination with Disney and the whole lot, but the location is too close to TNA. I like the Idea of it being in Connecticut. If you really think about it, no major Hall of Fame for anything is in a major city. (MLB in Cooperstown, NY. NFL in Canton, OH. NBA in Springfield, MA.) And a location close to the Headquarters would have something of significance, rather than just placing it in Orlando for the sake of it being in Orlando.

It would be much more profitable in Orlando(which is the only reason WWE would ever have a physical Hall of Fame to begin with), nobody but the most hardcore of wrestling fans will make a trip to Connecticut just to see the WWE Hall of Fame. With Orlando you have a lot of tourists who will probably pop in and it is a lot easier of a sell to the significant other to go to Orlando than Connecticut.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back