• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Photoshop CS5 Thread

The Doctor

Great and Devious
Staff member
Super Moderator
Hey, this is a Digital Arts and Graphics section, so why not have a thread filled with updates on the upcoming version of Photoshop?

Now, I'm usually one to be wary of upgrading software when what I use works perfectly well, but I may just be getting CS5. They're including some excellent new features as well as tweaking the brush system and streamlining everything. It really looks like a major step forward.

This video demonstrates the new tool, the Content Aware Fill brush. Just look at the things it can do! This is a major step forward and sure to be useful to us graphic artists. Imagine using this to get a guy out of the way in a wrestling shot, or maybe getting a logo out of a screencap so you can make a better render. I know the Patch tool does similar things, but this is even better.

Along with this, there is a pallette called Mini-Bridge. Bridge is Adobe's browser that usually opens as a new program, but with this you can find renders and PSDs you have saved with quickness and ease.

There's a cool tool called Puppet Warp that lets you bend and warp much more easily than the Warp tool lets you do now. We could put title belts on people or edit things in half the time it takes now. Basically, you draw a path and can then manipulate that path to warp the image part in any way you need.

Combine these new features with the supposed streamlining that's been done and we have a program I'm definitely considering upgrading to.

What are your thoughts? Do these tools sound useful to you? Would you pay for the upgrade? Have you heard any other news about the newest Photoshop?

The hell they do sound useful. However my question (which might be dumb) is if the brushes and other presets of the older version, in my case, CS3, can be used as well. I'd really hate to start downloading and installing them all over again. Overall it sounds like a huge leap forward. I wonder what upgrades do the video tools have?

Oh wow! The content aware fill tool seems very useful and easy to use. I've always wanted to get rid some annoying small details in my photos. This does a spectacular job of doing that. Can save me lots of time too. I'll definitely be thinking about this product. I also wonder about any other cool upgrades they have. Hopefully a lot, so that my graphics don't take to long to produce.

That is absolutely amazing, and I'm quite sure that this tool has become what every photoshop user wished the spot-healing brush tool was at one point (I know I have!). I never upgraded to CS3 or CS4 because I wasn't aware of any amazing new features, what this is something that makes getting CS5 a priority.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back