• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Petty Pet Peeves

Coco

Mid-Card Championship Winner
AKA: Things that irk you but shouldn't.

Every time a celebrity dies: The obligatory "Fuck 2016" or "Fuck this year."

Is this year really worse than any other? Yes, celebrity X passed away and each of us is Y amount of bummed out about that (Y being 0 for some and higher for others), and normally not for very long. But really, the obligatory "Fuck 2016"? No, fuck your grieving process. Life is shit plied on shit this year and every other year. Sack up.

See, that's petty. Obviously people should grieve in their own way. But I think it every single time.

Was incidentally just talking to my mum about this when I phoned her to tell her that Prince died. The further our lives go on, the more and more people we recognise pass on, but new people come in to fill in the gaps left. It's going to keep happening, regardless of the year.

As for my own pet peeve, when people unplug something from a socket, but still leave the socket on at the wall. I see it as an accident waiting to happen.

Whenever I see a heel doing charity work while watching a wrestling program, like when Henry was doing his "Hall of Pain" deal in 2011 yet every Raw you'd see him in those Be A Star ads talking about bullying and all I'm thinking is "I JUST SAW YOU BEING A BULLY NOT 2 MINUTES AGO!!!!". It's incredibly petty but it takes me right out of the show all the same.

If your child sits quietly during the movie, that's cool. You're a good parent if you can keep them silent and nothing about their presence should bother me.

On the other hand, does a five year old really need to see Batman stab a Russian? Or any part of Wanted? And surely a babysitter would have been cheaper than dragging (I shit you not) four toddlers to fucking Lincoln. Quiet as they were, that was weird.

If your child sits quietly during the movie, that's cool. You're a good parent if you can keep them silent and nothing about their presence should bother me.

On the other hand, does a five year old really need to see Batman stab a Russian? Or any part of Wanted? And surely a babysitter would have been cheaper than dragging (I shit you not) four toddlers to fucking Lincoln. Quiet as they were, that was weird.

That's not petty, its entirely warranted.

I'm only halfway catching your meaning. I still haven't completely recovered from my Lincoln-induced coma.

Fair. I'll redeploy that one in my Petty Pet Peeves Which Aren't Petty sister thread.

I can't stand when people are explaining something or whatever the fuck and they use the phrase, "but, at the end of the day".

Omg, it fucking drives me up the wall and honestly it shouldn't, but it does.

The fist bump, arm flex and crying with laughter emoticons.

"Let's kick cancer's ass!" followed by the fist bump and arm flex is such a cunty thing to see. Nevermind all the doctors and scientists who are actually treating people with cancer and trying to find better treatment methods, no no no, you type your shite on Facebook because that will make all the difference, you fannies.

Social Justice Warriors.

The fist bump, arm flex and crying with laughter emoticons.

"Let's kick cancer's ass!" followed by the fist bump and arm flex is such a cunty thing to see. Nevermind all the doctors and scientists who are actually treating people with cancer and trying to find better treatment methods, no no no, you type your shite on Facebook because that will make all the difference, you fannies.

Social Justice Warriors.

Relating to cancer, I think the way we portray people with cancer as warriors is kind of weird. Is everyone with cancer some kind of warrior by default? Why cancer? Is someone struggling with heart disease or diabetes not a warrior? What if this hypothetical person with cancer spends every day lying in bed depressed they have cancer instead of scrapbooking their treatment and uploading it to Instagram? I mean, not that either approach is wrong, but we've somehow romanticized the latter and it's like the former is some kind of lesser person for dealing with cancer their own way.

Maybe it's just trying to instill confidence in people with the disease and get them to be positive throughout it, which in and of itself is great, but for broad society I think it's gone into this place of romanticization and people getting off on the heroism and it's all vaguely odd to me.

Also, more broadly, the Susan G. Komen foundation in general is kind of awful and it's continually bothersome the WWE supports them.

People who go 20 under the speed limit in the fast lane make my blood absolutely boil. Compounding the issue is the fact that dipshit Yinzers are notorious for it.

Relating to cancer, I think the way we portray people with cancer as warriors is kind of weird. Is everyone with cancer some kind of warrior by default? Why cancer? Is someone struggling with heart disease or diabetes not a warrior? What if this hypothetical person with cancer spends every day lying in bed depressed they have cancer instead of scrapbooking their treatment and uploading it to Instagram? I mean, not that either approach is wrong, but we've somehow romanticized the latter and it's like the former is some kind of lesser person for dealing with cancer their own way.

Maybe it's just trying to instill confidence in people with the disease and get them to be positive throughout it, which in and of itself is great, but for broad society I think it's gone into this place of romanticization and people getting off on the heroism and it's all vaguely odd to me.

Also, more broadly, the Susan G. Komen foundation in general is kind of awful and it's continually bothersome the WWE supports them.

The competitive online nature of 'liking' recently cured survivors just makes me feel ill, especially when its little kids holding up signs that their parents have made that say shit like, "I kicked cancers ass but I bet I won't get 100 likes..."

At my most cynical I just think, well, all you were was a vessel for a disease and a vessel for the cure.

On the subject of people holding signs for likes, people in their 90s+ being made to do the same just fills me with so much rage! "Happy birthday gran-gran! I didn't get you a birthday card per se but if you hold this up we may start trending LOL!"

tumblr_n1b99z2GW51t16s14o1_400.gif

People who go 20 under the speed limit in the fast lane make my blood absolutely boil. Compounding the issue is the fact that dipshit Yinzers are notorious for it.

Once again, not petty.

That's fucking illegal, a major safety hazard and rude as fuck.

When people ask me why I workout so much, what my eventual goal is, I tell them its to be strong enough to get out of my car at a stoplight and flip their car onto its side.

And I mean it.

One might say im with you on this :lmao:

When people state that they can't believe something was a year ago. Very few people seem to be aware of how long a year is.

Once again, not petty.

That's fucking illegal, a major safety hazard and rude as fuck.

When people ask me why I workout so much, what my eventual goal is, I tell them its to be strong enough to get out of my car at a stoplight and flip their car onto its side.

And I mean it.

One might say im with you on this :lmao:

If you're prone to road rage, never drive in the Pittsburgh area. Drivers here are the very worst in the country. They do what I previously mentioned, they have a nasty proclivity to pull out in front of you, they consistently get in the wrong lane, the make right turns out of the left lane, they make left turns out of the right lane and they take forever to pull away from red lights.

To say its infuriating is an understatement.

If you're prone to road rage, never drive in the Pittsburgh area. Drivers here are the very worst in the country. They do what I previously mentioned, they have a nasty proclivity to pull out in front of you, they consistently get in the wrong lane, the make right turns out of the left lane, they make left turns out of the right lane and they take forever to pull away from red lights.

To say its infuriating is an understatement.

I was just in Pittsburgh, and I got onto this bridge that had four lanes that went four different directions. People were going everywhere. It was madness.

I was just in Pittsburgh, and I got onto this bridge that had four lanes that went four different directions. People were going everywhere. It was madness.

I didn't grow up here. I grew up in northern Jersey, where driving is generally aggravating, and I thought I had bad there. It has absolutely nothing on western Pennsylvania. To me, driving in NJ is a like a 70 mph ballet compared to western Pennsylvania.

Btw, I noticed you're from Chicago. I thought driving there was generally pretty decent.

I didn't grow up here. I grew up in northern Jersey, where driving is generally aggravating, and I thought I had bad there. It has absolutely nothing on western Pennsylvania. To me, driving in NJ is a like a 70 mph ballet compared to western Pennsylvania.

Btw, I noticed you're from Chicago. I thought driving there was generally pretty decent.

There's usually too much traffic in Chicago for anyone to do anything too crazy, so you don't get stuff like people going all the way across the highway to get to an exit too often. People are also shockingly good at tolerating the traffic, at least in general.

Got lost driving through Chicago once. More traffic than an Emma Watson sex tape would generate.

My name in capital letters, it looks weird. LEE.

I'm partially deaf, any time I tell someone they say "what".

"Can I wear your glasses?" "no" *takes glasses*

"I could care less." You mean you COULDN'T care less.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back