• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

People Referring to McIntyre as "The Chosen One"

Jason Scene

Classically Charismatic
This is something I keep reading on the forum, people continuing to call Drew McIntyre as "The Chosen One." Okay, here's the thing with that.

Am I the only person to notice that on-air, Drew has not been referred to as "The Chosen One", for months. Like, not weeks, but months. I realized it, at Elimination Chamber. He was not once, during that match called "The Chosen One".

Ever since this whole arrest thing with him and Tiffany in the hotel months ago, it was obvious that he was demoted in the minds of WWE creative. Sure he got a near non-existent run with Rhodes as WWE Tag Champion but during that whole time, since, until now, he has not been referred to as "The Chosen One."

Am I the only person who has realized, that WWE are no longer, in anyway labeling Drew McIntyre as "The Chosen One"?

Drew McIntye's days as being labelled "the chosen one" are well and truly over, I most certainly agree. I think his character is in a bit of a crisis at the moment, don't you?

His in-ring ability is up there with the best of them I think, it's just his mic skills and character that needs a lot of work. I would really love to see the WWE run a Rowdy Roddy Piper character angle with him.

Would be a breath of fresh air to have a Piper type character in the WWE who really is SCOTTISH!

Would be a breath of fresh air to have a Piper type character in the WWE who really is SCOTTISH!

They tried that when he first came in, back in 08, and it failed very badly. He got no fan reaction, cheers or boos, he was the official piss break.

Also, they tried that with Sean O'Haire, and again, failed. No point in ripping Piper off, he has proven that he's one of a kind.

i am a huge McIntyre fan, but he even I, dont know if i should boo him or cheer for him :x

Before all Kelly Kelly storyline i knew that he was a heel, but after the New Years Eve speech that he said that he was going to be world champion, and then being in loved by Kelly and even trying to shake is hand, and if it was to be something forced we dont realized, but to me it was a semi face push..
The Kelly Kelly dont say anything and gets fired, Edge didnt did anything for her its true, so i dont know if i should boo him!! :x

Well better days will come, however losing in a 3 minutes match via Submission is very very bad :S

I have noticed it but honestly thought nothing of it until now. This guy doesn't even have a Wrestlemania match and if my memory serves me correct before Money in the Bank this past year he gave a promo saying how he would Main Event Wrestlemania. He is definetly not the Chosen One anymore and he cleary has lost the huge push given to him by McMahon. I also don't understand why his thing with Kelly Kelly magically ended. I thought maybe he would be in the Ziggler position right but he clearly is not. I wish they brought this back because it was a very good moniker for him and if they really played it up he could have been better than what he is right now. If not then I wish McMahon would appoint somebody else the Chosen One and them and McIntyre feud for the name.

Drew McIntyre is one of my favorites of the young stars, I personally think he should be the IC champion right now, but I'm not really upset that Wade Barrett has it either.
He got a decent about of cheers when he came here just last week, he clearly has his fans. He just needs a major feud to push him to the next level. He does need a bit of work on the mic, but I do think a lot of that is his accent, or at least his delivery. I love seeing a DDT as a finisher again. Hopefully Drew gets the push he needs soon.

I really felt that the Kelly-Drew program was the avenue to the top for Drew....and I think if we knew why the company abandoned it, we would have a better idea of what they intend to do with him. The whole scenario seemed so perfect for the two of them and we've rarely seen a planned program so suddenly dropped in that manner.

I have no problem with Drew's losing streak, since he's being beaten by top guys, not mid-carders. His first match with Edge a few weeks ago was top-notch; it showed that Drew could hang with the best and look good doing it.

But, Chosen One or not, it's time to decide what to do with this guy. His ring repertoire is getting better and better, and with his size and looks, he already has the presence needed for stardom. Let's get moving.

Yeah, unfortunately it seems that Drew is in limbo right now. He was going nowhere, then had the abbreviated program involving Kelly Kelly, which as others have said, seemed like a good move. Then that went away, but he looked fantastic in the EC and had a bit of an edge to him. Now, he is losing to Edge each week. As Sally said though, at least he is losing to ME-level guys like Edge.

I know I am looking forward to the post WM landscape though. There are a lot of guys that could be shuffled around to start some good fueds. I just really think WWE has gold in it's hands with all the very good mid-level guys. You could have a field day having Bryan, Sheamus, Barrett, McIntyre, Rhodes, DiBiase, R-Truth, and Kingston feuding for the US and IC belts in some combination. You could even include Ziggler and Morrison involved if they aren't involved in the ME scene.

I was seeing some McIntyre recent matches, and Josh Mathews says and i quote: (oh i loved it xD)
"Drew was chosen by the WWE chairman to be a future world champion"​

But for real what the hell does the guy need to do to have a decent mid push?
He only wins to "Superstar" Roster, he gets beatdown by Rey Mysterio, Edge and if they put Christian i am sure that he would lose to him too, i am just to disapointed about not having McIntyre at WM card, well he is young he has a lot of time yet, but he deserves one match, even if it was agaisnt the Corre or hell even a feud against Trent Barreta look good to me, since Barreta really show some great skills, and they could really take advantage that all Kelly kelly Storyline, it was a great story, and even Kelly was doing a great job.:worship:

Lets EDIT the post, to have more replyes, and dont have to create another thread!!

Do you think that Drew deserves to be in the WWE?Why?
If you say yes, what do you think about him and his position right now?
After Tiffany's arresting and semi-firing, Was Drew put at the side?
How do you push him at least to be a up-mid card guy?

Of course Drew McIntyre deserves to be in the WWE, he is an excellent performer and has a great character. As of right now he may be in a rut but he'll get out of it soon enough, personally I'm hoping he gets drated to Raw and becomes US champ.
I could see how what happened with Tiffany not helping him much, especially hearing about what Michael Cole said on Twitter. Things that happen outside the show can effect your reputation. But the deal with Tiffany and Drew happened awhile ago, so it shouldn't matter much these days.
To get him back into the upper mid-card, he needs to get into a feud over a title, he doesn't have to actually win it but atleast get himself into the title picture. I'm sure not everyone likes him this much but I would love to see him win Money in the Bank this July.
And as to being called "The Chosen One", will Orton used to be The Legend Killer, its just a moniker. But who knows maybe it'll come back if he gets another push.

man it shows how low profile Drew's been lately when I had to be reminded that he was tag champion at one point. I'd completely forgotten about that.
I was fortunate enough to see him wrestle as Drew Galloway back when he was wrestling over here in BCW and he had a great intensity back then and I'd love to see him go back to the brutal personality he had when he debuted. The Kelly Kelly thing did him more harm than good in my opinion but maybe that was to see if fans would take to him as a face.
A decent IC or US title program would soon get him back into the mix and if this is successful I can still see a long stint in the main event in his future.

he just needs to find a new gimmick that works for him, many superstars go through this time, remember undertaker's biker phase? he has a lot of talent in the ring and is almost as brutal as sheamus. i mean he really does use every part of the ring as a weapon. i think once the edge/del rio feud is over, he will stop jobbing to edge and get into the world title picture. either that or he will just fade away into the background and be gone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back