Pearl Harbor

That movie was filmed in my hometown. Several of my high school friends were extras in that movie. I got in a shouting match with Ben Aflek at the club. He ran into me, and I told him no matter how many shitty movies he made, he could still apologize for hitting me.

I'm kidding, I did "accidentally" bump into him and spill my drink on his back. He started to yell and got ushered away by big men.

Tora was better the romance got in the way of the movie in what it was suppose to be about. not a awful storyline but did not show enough of Japenese view on their side of the War.

Pearl Harbor is probably the worst film made in the last 10 years.

Agreed.

Pearl Harbor is the absolute prime example of Michael Bay's sentimentalist action abortions he happens to call "films". Though I'd argue Armageddon was worse.

The only good part of the movie is the actual attack scene. Minus the incredibly sappy and stupid Cuba Gooding single handedly shooting planes out of the skies.

Really though...anytime you've got f'n Josh Hartnett and Ben Affleck in a "war" movie, well...let's just say they didn't look like they knew how to even shoot a gun, let alone shoot down planes in the sky.

Atleast it has Tom Sizemore though. The ultimate war movie tough-guy. Has he even done anything that wasn't a war movie?

Anyone know if the movie is historically accurate? I could care less about the romantics part.

Contrary to popular belief, Ben Afleck DID NOT help try and defend us during Pearl Harbor. But a lot of War vets might like to claim this, as it'd help to ease the blow on why we got our asses handed to us.. instead of knowing a possible attack was imminent and yet we did nothing.

Reactions: X
The Doolittle raid was a big deal because a few days earlier the Japanese military had said the Americans would never get to Japan. It hurt a lot of the civilian confidence.

I believe the film is as long as it is, because it is as long as the actual raid was. But yeah, shit film. As I recall there wasn't two American pilots and one gunner who managed to lessen the effect of the raid.

The Doolittle raid was a big deal because a few days earlier the Japanese military had said the Americans would never get to Japan. It hurt a lot of the civilian confidence.

I believe the film is as long as it is, because it is as long as the actual raid was. But yeah, shit film. As I recall there wasn't two American pilots and one gunner who managed to lessen the effect of the raid.

It's a good thing I have you guys here to tell me what's what. I have never been a fan of history, unless it has to do with sex, drugs, organized crime, or serial killers. So, if I have any questions about military history, I'll ask one of you two.

I thought it was a great movie. Rather predictable, but it got the point accross. Those darn japps! No I'm kidding, but it was a good movie. I plan to go in the military, and it just goes to show never underestimate anyone, or anything. Life lessons can be learned from this movie by gawsh.

There is a reason it was predictable you know, because it is history.

In any case it was a great movie in my opinion well worth 8/10. Not the best but still a worthwhile watch

It's a good thing I have you guys here to tell me what's what. I have never been a fan of history, unless it has to do with sex, drugs, organized crime, or serial killers. So, if I have any questions about military history, I'll ask one of you two.

Feel free to shoot any history questions my way as well, since I did study history for four years in college. A large portion of that was 20th century military history, so if you've got any questions shoot.

I thought Bay made the movie very predictable. I saw the whole Chicken scene once they got in the planes. Ontop of guessing he was alive, the moment he was shooting bullets in the cockpit, When Eddie/Chick fell in love it was pretty "Yeah hes still alive." I was really hoping Rave would die, but knew Eddie would. Nyeh the best part of the movie to me though, was when Eddie goes "Rave, please don't write my name on my tombstone." I still :lmao: at that.

It was Rave/Danny, not Rave/Eddie.

It was about the Japanese bombing us to hell and back, and yet we still love and enjoy their takeout. watsupwitdat?!?!?!?!?!?

It's okay.. a fortune cookie told me so. It also gave me lucky numbers that failed at the Powerball. Lucky, my ass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back