Pearl Harbor

Milkyway!

Hodor!
Anyone know if the movie is historically accurate? I could care less about the romantics part. But were there suspicions that we knew, and all that bombing of Tokyo part. I thought we bombed Heroshima.

Great movie. I give it a 9/10. It made me cry, making it lose a man point. The death of 3000+ soldiers in less than a day on the TV. Really got to me for some reason..I don't know. Great movie though. I wish rave died, and eddie lived though. Thats just me.

Kate Beckinsale is hot.

We shit on Tokyo...not just that time.

Did you ever pick up Il Posto, tdigs?

I thought it was a great movie. Rather predictable, but it got the point accross. Those darn japps! No I'm kidding, but it was a good movie. I plan to go in the military, and it just goes to show never underestimate anyone, or anything. Life lessons can be learned from this movie by gawsh.

I liked it. While it's no Longest Day or Tora Tora Tora, it's ok. The visual effects are great and Afleck and Hartnett make great cocky sons of bitches.

As for the accuracy, the Tokyo raid did happen, but like it's been said: there was no nuke dropped. A third A-bomb was on the way to Tokyo but Japan surrendered before it was dropped. The coke bottles for blood thing was real also.

Well, this is just my opinion, but I thought the acting and the script were horrible, the score was totally inappropriate for the film, and it probably could have been cut by about an hour or so.

Maybe, but people often say the same things about Glory, Titanic, Dances with Wolves, and King King

Well, this is just my opinion, but I thought the acting and the script were horrible, the score was totally inappropriate for the film, and it probably could have been cut by about an hour or so.

I'm split on the length. I remember seeing it in theaters and thinking that the movie was over once Roosevelt declared war and it could be ended there and be a complete movie. THe romantic parts were bad that's true. Beckinsale was chosen for her looks and little more and it hurts things a lot. I think they were trying to emulate the idea of Casablanca with how the war changed the lives of everyone and how they people had to change their lives because of it, but it just didn't work.

From Here To Eternity is an awesome film, so maybe black and white would have worked. I also think the film would have been better if Michael Bay hadn't directed it (I'm sorry if there are any Michael Bay fans here, but I think everything he touches turns to crap).

I'm split on the length. I remember seeing it in theaters and thinking that the movie was over once Roosevelt declared war and it could be ended there and be a complete movie. THe romantic parts were bad that's true. Beckinsale was chosen for her looks and little more and it hurts things a lot. I think they were trying to emulate the idea of Casablanca with how the war changed the lives of everyone and how they people had to change their lives because of it, but it just didn't work.

x2 I was quite in and out of the movie right after Roosevelt declared war. The only part I really got into after that was the death of Eddie, as well as wondering what the top secret mission was. I was hoping Rave/Eddie were going to drop the nuke. But nyeh at them!

Yeah Bay just wasn't the right director. The story was ok but Bay turned it into a spectacle and not a story about the people involved. The love story could have worked.

I thought Bay made the movie very predictable. I saw the whole Chicken scene once they got in the planes. Ontop of guessing he was alive, the moment he was shooting bullets in the cockpit, When Eddie/Chick fell in love it was pretty "Yeah hes still alive." I was really hoping Rave would die, but knew Eddie would. Nyeh the best part of the movie to me though, was when Eddie goes "Rave, please don't write my name on my tombstone." I still :lmao: at that.

Pearl Harbor was horrible, I love it, but it's horrible lol. Especially because it's very one-sided, you don't really get any of the history behind the attack and behind Japanese-American relations prior to WWII and the actual attack.

Flames Out
Dragon

The Dolittle raid was more of a psychological attack. When we used incendiary bombs on Tokyo the real destruction started.

I thought it was a great movie. Rather predictable, but it got the point accross. Those darn japps! No I'm kidding, but it was a good movie. I plan to go in the military, and it just goes to show never underestimate anyone, or anything. Life lessons can be learned from this movie by gawsh.

well, obviously, it is going to be predictable because you should know what happened....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back