Pawn Stars

The Brain

King Of The Ring
I’m sure some of you are familiar with the show Pawn Stars. It’s been a pretty popular show on the History Channel for a few years now. Most shows go through changes over the years and even though I still love the show I’m not crazy about some of the changes I’ve seen over the past few months. Now in addition to seeing the negotiations and learning a little about the unusual items that come into the store we are seeing some sort of pointless competition among the guys in most episodes. Maybe I’m in the minority but I’m not really interested in seeing who can get closest to a target when shooting a gun or who does the best at miniature golf. I’d prefer if this show just stuck to the basics.

I do have an idea if they want to change things up a bit. I think it would be interesting to do a follow up on unique items that are purchased. I would like to see how some of these items sell. We could see how much they sell for compared to how much they were purchased for. It’s cool to see these unusual purchases but that’s only half the story.

What do you guys think? Would you rather this show just stick to the basics or do you like seeing stories involving the family?

I used to watch this show every week, but I've faded out of the habit as of late. It's not because of the show, I'm just busy -- but, I have to admit, the show isn't as interesting as it used to be. I like seeing all the interesting items (and the people behind them -- they've had some characters on the show), but there's only so much you can do with that same blueprint. I don't blame the producers for trying to include more stories and segments outside of the store, since they have to try to keep the fan base interested. Now, I'm not necessarily a fan of having these little stories crop up every episode and become the central theme of the show, but it's not a bad way to break up the monotony every once in a while.

You're right Crock. Change is necessary to keep people interested. Doing these stories once in a while would be good. It just seems to be happening more and more lately. Nearly every episode. To be fair I don't watch this show in order. I watch it on demand so it's possible that I've just picked a string of episodes where this has happened and it really is broken up. Again, it's not something I hate and it won't keep me away from the show. I just don't care for it as much as the basic format.

Well, the basic format is what the show does best. Most people tune in for the items and the stories behind them, to maybe learn something -- I know I do. Seeing Chumlee fail at something is pretty funny, but it's not why I watch the show. I agree with what you're saying completely; Pawn Stars should stick to its bread and butter, rather than relying on those stories as a sort of a crutch. Still, the show's pretty awesome anyway.

I like the show even with the subtle little changes with it. The reason why I like the show a little more now is because it got two other shows on TV. Rick's Restoration and Kounting Cars. It is pretty cool watching something bought on Pawn Stars then watching it get fixed up on Rick's Restoration. Same thing goes for the cars that end up on Kounting Cars.

Anyway, the show has changed and hopefully it doesn't get to over the top with the drama. Stick to the what works while adding in just a little bit of story. I too, also watch the show to learn some interesting things from the items bring in. It is still a good show, and as I type this I am watching it lol.

I don't mind an occasional segment involving the little competitions and such, but when I watch I want to see the items more often than not. I don't watch as much as I used to, I think I got a bit burnt out on Rick's laugh and Old Man's aggressive attitude toward nearly everything, but I can honestly say I learned a thing or two watching the show. I remember back in the earlier seasons when the show was rolling the end credits they would show a competition if they were buying a gun or other item and testing it, I think if they stuck to that it would be fine. I have to admit it was usually amusing to see Chumlee winning something and surprising everyone.

I really like the show, but have noticed the same. I watch it for the stories about the items & to see what crazy stuff comes to the counter. Could care less about some of the other stuff. It is good to get to know the cast & they are a nice enough group- just dont care about the goofy stuff as much.

I like shows like this, but certain ones have been ruined for me because the 'reality' element of surprise has gone away. Like Storage Wars. I used to like that show at first because of some crazy things they find, but I found out that it was fake & they were planting things in lockers to seem interesting. Just ruined the show for me. I hope that isnt the case with Pawn Stars.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back