Paul Heyman's Plan for Bryan Danielson in TNA

I was going to say the same thing. If I was TNA and I didn't want Russo anymore, Quackenbush would be the guy I would want to bring in. Hell, I might even give UltraMantis Black a shot at it.

You a member of the CHIKARmy?! I mean, clearly you are, knowing of UMB, and the fanboy reference to "Quack". Awesome.

Didn't Heyman plan out Douglas and Taz in a year storyline that never really paid off (quick note before X educates me, I know next to nothing about the original ECW and genuinely am asking)?

So, I assume that in between Danielson's squash matches and promo's and hype and build up to be the best wrestler eeeeeeever, Heyman would be giving him a blow job too?

The initial concept behind Paul Heyman's idea is freaking genius, but it would have been hashed out more. Initial concepts are always going to be a what the fuck how does that make sense. Refining an idea is where the skill is.

But yes Heyman is no longer relevant and should remain that way unless he returns as an advisor to the creative side. Russo should be gone from wrestling entirely. The WWE Creative that isn't need to be all be smacked round the head, including Johnny Ace.

Young blood needs to come through to try and claw back ratings from MMA.

Didn't Heyman plan out Douglas and Taz in a year storyline that never really paid off (quick note before X educates me, I know next to nothing about the original ECW and genuinely am asking)?

Not really sure what you're referencing. They did feud several times and Taz won his first ECW World Title off of Shane after Shane had been injured for several months. He prepared for the match by bringing around an old TV title belt that he painted orange and called the "FTW Title" (Fuck the World) and he defended it at shows like it was an interim heavyweight title until Shane got healthy.

The basic idea of bringing him in and tapping people out is indeed brilliant. Doing it within a minute? No, that does nothing for no one else.

The next time Mark Henry competes in a sequence of squash matches I fully expect to see it proclaimed as a work of genius.

Quick question; How is this any different from the way any new character gets built? Isn't it by squash matches, until a bigger name challenges him? Yokozuna, Sheamus, Goldberg? Should I be impressed by the fact that Daniel Bryan is forcing these people to tap out, rather than pinning them?

Also, what happens to that other monster character after he gets squashed in a minute? So you build up one star, while tearing down the potential for another?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back