• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Patriots Trade Randy Moss

X

RIP Sgt. Michael Paranzino / RIP CM
I hate my life. Someone kick me in the face with a steel toed boot. For a fucking third round draft pick Bill? I get he was leaving after this season, but WHAT THE FUCK MAN you couldn't give us one last year of the legendary Brady-Moss connection? Our offense just took a gigantic hit, and so did our playoff hopes IMO.

What the fuck Bill. What. the. fuck. I hate my life.

I'm sorry homie, now you know how I felt when we traded Moss to the Raiders.

This is way different man, Vikings weren't a contender when they traded Moss and they basically HAD to trade Moss as he was just an asshole to them. Moss was fine here in NE, wasn't starting any trouble at all, and we trade him for a fuckin' 3rd rounder? Oh awesome, we can get another 2nd string DB who'll be gone in 3 years, sweet, that's totally worth the fuckin' thousands of thousands of yards and dozens of TDs Moss could give us.

I love Bill Belichick, I do, but his decision making over the last few years has been questionable at best.

The Pats will be fine, Moss was leaving after this year anyway. You know how Billy runs his team, draft picks are king to him and he retools every season. He's just always looking forward and getting value out of something he wouldn't have next year anyway.

I wasn't confident in the Pats before this Moss trade. The first series against Miami is the way our defense has and will play the majority of the season. The special teams won't have that kind of game again this season. And has the offense looked great? The first half they certainly didn't. Staggnant as fuck. That doesn't improve with Randy gone. I honestly don't give a fuck if we got a 3rd round pick, I was hoping for Randy to be re-signed. Yeah, he's old, but still outruns a majority of defensive backs in corner routes.

Belichek has a history of trading off at the right time, look at seymour a few years ago as a prime example.

Had to be Rotkitka. Had to be.

I love Bill, I do, but his decisions have been very questionable over the past few years, as evidenced by our lackluster success ever since the undefeated season. Re-tooling is fine but you don't give up on a season 4 games into it, and that's what I almost see this as. This has destroyed our offense, literally. Just having Randy as the deep threat opened up our run and pass game HUGELY, even if he didn't make any receptions or score any TDs. Now he's gone, no deep threats left. We're fucked. No way are we good enough to beat the Jets now.

Did you really want a disgruntled Randy Moss in your locker room?, Moss would've been more trouble than he's worth he wouldn't have likely played up to his true potential for NE unless they gave him some ridiculous contract that he's likely not worth, this move will more than likely benefit NE more in the long run

This was a joke, right?

Trading Seymour was brilliant. The Patriots got a 1st round pick out of that deal and it was the Raiders first and right now that could very well be a top 10 pick. Plus he was likely to leave after his contract, so you got some solid value for him. The Pats now have 2 picks in each of the first 4 rounds. The Pats will be alright. The young guys will step up and as long as Brady is under center I'd be ok with it. Never thought of the Pats as a SB team with Randy and even without him I still think they will make the playoffs. Bill will get the best out of the young guys.

Randy has never once been a locker room problem with the Pats though, so I don't really get that argument. What would he have to be upset about? Having one of the best QBs of all time throwing to him on a regular basis? A huge contract he would be receiving regardless of what team gave it to him at the end of the year? I know he has a history of acting out, but he's been great in NE thus far so I don't think pre-emptively trading him because of how you think he might act is a good idea at all.

I guess my biggest problem is just that all we could get is a third round draft pick. That can't be the best offer we got for Randy, no way. Why are we helping out the Vikings now?

Trading Seymour was brilliant. The Patriots got a 1st round pick out of that deal and it was the Raiders first and right now that could very well be a top 10 pick. Plus he was likely to leave after his contract, so you got some solid value for him. The Pats now have 2 picks in each of the first 4 rounds. The Pats will be alright. The young guys will step up and as long as Brady is under center I'd be ok with it. Never thought of the Pats as a SB team with Randy and even without him I still think they will make the playoffs. Bill will get the best out of the young guys.

I guess it just depends on whether you think a 1st round pick in a few years time is worth dismantling your entire defense for those few years. People put way too much stock into draft picks these days, there's no guarantee your draftees are going to be great, Laurence Maroney showed us that pretty easily.

I think the Pats were a bit upset when Moss said after week 1 that this would be his last season as a Patriot and he didn't see them keeping him around. Randy just wants to be appreciated and that for him is a contract extension. Plus the Pats killed the Dolphins without Randy Moss, so that is why they probably went and pulled the trigger on a deal. They have a young core that doesn't need Randy's potential attitude to influence them.

Receiver Randy Moss and New England Patriots quarterbacks coach Bill O'Brien were involved in a heated exchange at halftime of the team's victory Monday over the Miami Dolphins, according to player sources.

The locker-room exchange, described as an "outburst" by one player, came two days before the Patriots traded Moss to the Minnesota Vikings for a 2011 third-round draft choice, and could have contributed to the team's decision to make the deal.

The Patriots trailed 7-6 at halftime of the game, and Moss had just one pass thrown in his direction up to that point. He finished without a reception and wasn't thrown to in the second half.

On Wednesday, Patriots coach Bill Belichick said in a statement that he has had discussions during the "past several months" with Moss and his representatives about Moss' "place on our team and his future in football."

Belichick added that "many things were taken into consideration before making the trade."

Moss was in the final year of his contract and did not expect to return to New England in 2011.

Player sources said the halftime exchange was not the first time they had felt friction between Moss and O'Brien, who calls the offensive plays.

After Monday's win, when asked by the Boston Herald about being held without a reception, Moss said, "It's called a game plan."

So much for no issues. Here's the link: http://tinyurl.com/2fx5jog

I guess it just depends on whether you think a 1st round pick in a few years time is worth dismantling your entire defense for those few years. People put way too much stock into draft picks these days, there's no guarantee your draftees are going to be great, Laurence Maroney showed us that pretty easily.

That's true, but Bill is usually pretty reliable with his draft picks. Lomo just was one that didn't turn out. Look at his past history:

Logan Mankins, Laurence Maroney, Brandon Meriweather, Jerod Mayo, Patrick Chung (2nd rounder, but was first pick for Pats), Devin McCourty.

All, minus Maroney are all solid players. I know Mankins is holding out, but he is a pro bowl guard. Meriweather is one of the best young safeties in football, Chung is a star in the making, and Mayo is one of the best 34 ILB in the game. Don't know much about McCourty, but I know people are high on the guy.

I agree, although the Seymour trade looks like you got way more then even he was worth. If that pick is a top 10 pick, you can get a franchise Halfback with it, and then draft a Wideout with your first round pick (likely low-20's).

I think the Pats were a bit upset when Moss said after week 1 that this would be his last season as a Patriot and he didn't see them keeping him around. Randy just wants to be appreciated and that for him is a contract extension. Plus the Pats killed the Dolphins without Randy Moss, so that is why they probably went and pulled the trigger on a deal. They have a young core that doesn't need Randy's potential attitude to influence them.
The Pats did NOT kill the Dolphins without Moss. They killed the Dolphins WITH Moss. Just because he wasn't thrown to doesn't mean he didn't matter. the Fins needed to double him, or at least give the corner safety help, opening the field for other receivers. Now the open field closes a bunch without Moss.

Does anyone else think its a little funny they traded him now to The Vikes because there playing the Jets this week
That had nothing to do with it. Vikes needed a #1, the Pats wanted to dump moss, the Vikes likely made the best offer. It's a coincidence that he is playing the Jets. And even then, who cares? Moss will be on a helathy Revis Island.

The best way I can describe this deal is as follows: When I heard about it, I (as a Jets fan) started fist-pumping. This is like the Manny Ramirez deal all over again.

That's true, but Bill is usually pretty reliable with his draft picks. Lomo just was one that didn't turn out. Look at his past history:

Logan Mankins, Laurence Maroney, Brandon Meriweather, Jerod Mayo, Patrick Chung (2nd rounder, but was first pick for Pats), Devin McCourty.

All, minus Maroney are all solid players. I know Mankins is holding out, but he is a pro bowl guard. Meriweather is one of the best young safeties in football, Chung is a star in the making, and Mayo is one of the best 34 ILB in the game. Don't know much about McCourty, but I know people are high on the guy.
Chung just started doing anything this year (the only time I ever heard his name is this week on Special Teams). McCourty is part of one of the worst secondaries in the NFL, so I wouldn't go touting him. And Mankins is holding out to the point where who knows if he'll ever play for the Pats again. Meriweather and Mayo are great picks though.

Bill has done good with his draft picks, for the most part, but it's still a gamble, and you know he'll just end up trading most of the picks he got anyway to move back more.

I expect that Seymour pick to be top 5, but at the same time wouldn't call the trade brilliant. To take the defensive leadership out of the locker room and send away one of our few defensive players in his prime killed us.

I agree, although the Seymour trade looks like you got way more then even he was worth. If that pick is a top 10 pick, you can get a franchise Halfback with it, and then draft a Wideout with your first round pick (likely low-20's).

Yeah I'm definitely looking forward to this year's draft. I've always been a Pats fan first, but also a bit of a minor Raiders fan so it kind of saddens me to be rooting against them this year, but I hope they lose every game ha.

The Pats did NOT kill the Dolphins without Moss. They killed the Dolphins WITH Moss. Just because he wasn't thrown to doesn't mean he didn't matter. the Fins needed to double him, or at least give the corner safety help, opening the field for other receivers. Now the open field closes a bunch without Moss.

Exactly what I was saying. Even without making plays, just having Moss out there on plays with 2 guys on him at all times has helped out our offense immensely, to the point where I'm not sure how our offense is going to be able to gel without him as we've always used him to open up our run game and our short pass game with Welker.

The best way I can describe this deal is as follows: When I heard about it, I (as a Jets fan) started fist-pumping. This is like the Manny Ramirez deal all over again.

It's statements like these that make me want to severely hate you dude.

I expect that Seymour pick to be top 5, but at the same time wouldn't call the trade brilliant. To take the defensive leadership out of the locker room and send away one of our few defensive players in his prime killed us.

I understand that sentiment, and agree it did kill the Pats defense, which has been poor since he left. However, I look at it like taking a couple steps back to take 5 steps forward. After all, the guy was leaving after the season so why not try and get a top first round pick for him. Most people would agree that it was a terrible trade for the Raiders, so almost by default it would be a good trade for the Pats. New England seemingly tried to go the Colts route (ironically), in having a huge offense with a bleh D and trying to win that way. Too bad for them that way never works (Indy didn't win until the D started playing good, and New Orleans didn't win until it's D got lucky with turnovers).

Chung just started doing anything this year (the only time I ever heard his name is this week on Special Teams). McCourty is part of one of the worst secondaries in the NFL, so I wouldn't go touting him. And Mankins is holding out to the point where who knows if he'll ever play for the Pats again. Meriweather and Mayo are great picks though.

Bill has done good with his draft picks, for the most part, but it's still a gamble, and you know he'll just end up trading most of the picks he got anyway to move back more.

Yes I mentioned Mankins is holding out, but he was still a good player throughout his tenure. Pats fans I talk to have been touting Chung as a guy who is going to make an impact. He looked good last year and Monday night was his coming out party. Him and Meriweather are going to be a great safety combo in the NFL. And I know Moss was there but he was a non factor. He had one pass thrown to him all night and Brady didn't even look his way. The Patriots defense and special teams stepped it up and won the game. They played the same kind of ball that won them championships.

Yeah, that wasn't luck, Stormtrooper. The Saints never had a shot at being a fundamentally solid defense, so Greg Williams turned them into a bunch of risk taking bastards. Don't go for the tackle, go for the strip. Don't stick to your man, jump the pass and go for the interception. And while this philosophy certainly won't work forever, it worked last year, and it was all planned that way, not luck.

Oh, and as far as Moss... I too don't get this. Terrible move by the Pats, and I certainly don't like to see Favre get that deep threat. Fuck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back