• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Part Timers Redux

Choose Wisely

• The Undertaker

• The Rock

• Brock Lesnar

• Chris Jericho

• Rob Van Dam

• Triple H

• Sting

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.

Savior of Silence

Occasional Pre-Show
You're Vince McMahon and it's the night after Wrestlemania 32. Several part timers have come up to you over the last few months and said they want back in full time for one full year. You only have one roster spot open. Who do you sign and how do you best utilize them?

The options are Chris Jericho, The Undertaker, Brock Lesnar, The Rock, Sting, RVD, Triple H or Other.

The sole condition for them to be considered part time is they have to have wrestled at least 1 match in the last 365 days.

If I'm Vince McMahon I go with The Rock.

A Rock sendoff tour of sorts is probably going to generate the most money of these listed.

We've already had Lesnar around a bit.

RVD isn't anything special anymore and some would argue never really was in terms of WWE.

Jericho comes and goes and like RVD is nothing special anymore.

We see Triple H all the time.

I'm not sure The Undertaker can physically handle a year long schedule. Even if he only wrestles a handful of matches I don't think he can do it.

Sting is similar to The Undertaker. I don't know if he can do it anymore. He looks less beat up than The Undertaker but that doesn't mean he can still handle a year. Even if it's just a handful of matches. I guess you could soften it by having some of them be tag matches.

The Rock is still in phenomenal shape. Can still control the crowd and with his style he can still wrestle pretty similar matches to what we're used to. He's relevant enough to get people to pay to see him and really doesn't even have to work a title program to do so. Have him put someone like Reigns over in a feud and then win his next couple of feud culminating at a big Wrestlemania match and a possible Hall of Fame induction and you're pretty much gold.

Thanks for the input. I probably should have been a little more clear though. We're talking a perfect world type scenario where all available options are physically capable of working a full time schedule.

Having said that, I tend to agree with choosing The Rock (though Sting is a very close 2nd as he's never been in WWE and EVERY match would be new and fresh). He's the best bet for drawing money to the product and bringing in new and old fans. What I'm really curious about though, is how you'd book him for the year starting the night after Wrestlemania 32...all the way through to the night of Wrestlemania 33. Not necessarily a month to month type thing but what feuds you'd put him in for the year to maximize his potential.

For me, I think his first feud doesn't need to be against a huge name as the full-time return of The Rock sells itself for at least the first month. I'd probably put him in a feud with Rusev to start, but just for one month (April). Let Rusev get the rub off The Rock but ultimately The Rock wins at the PPV. After that feud, I'd have him start a program with Seth Rollins for the next 2-3 months and slowly hint at a Rock/Triple H program for Summerslam. After Summerslam, I think you have to start a program with Rock and Bray Wyatt. This goes for 1-2 months with a Rock/Reigns/Ambrose vs Wyatt Family match to start at the first PPV of the feud. Afterwards, I'd have Rock captain a Survivor Series Team against the Authority. Roman Reigns is obviously on the Rock's team but this is where we start showing some cracks in the Reigns/Rock armor. Roman really starts to get a little jealous of Rock outshining him but ultimately the family remains together for a while. At Royal Rumble 2017, you have Rock challenge for the WWE Title against whoever the champion is - preferably Lesnar as I really want this match to happen again and it makes the inevitable Regins turn have a story. Rock is really taking it to Lesnar but Reigns just can't stand the fact that not only has Rock outshone him since he returned but now he's going to defeat Lesnar...something that Roman Reigns couldn't do. Reigns turns heel on Rock and costs him the title. Reigns vs. Rock at Wrestlemania 33 where Reigns goes over.

I voted other. I'd love to see hbk come back. Imagine the matches he could have with guys like Owens, Cesaro, Rollins. If this is dream scenario, hbk comes back n 5* s the whole year he's there, with Owens finally stopping the showstopper at wm 33

I voted other. I'd love to see hbk come back. Imagine the matches he could have with guys like Owens, Cesaro, Rollins. If this is dream scenario, hbk comes back n 5* s the whole year he's there, with Owens finally stopping the showstopper at wm 33

I feel you but I limited the part timers to people that have had at least 1 match in the last 365 days so HBK is ineligible.

Good thread.

I went with Y2J. Almost went with The Rock, but you know what I think he's way damn better as an actor. He should keep focused with that.

I hate Brock Lesnar with a passion. The Undertaker I'm a fan of, but let's let him rest in peace. Who gives a damn about Rob Van Dam. I don't, was never a fan. Never even watched Sting before, so no on him. Triple H used to be one of my favorites, but let's keep him in his current role.

So we go with Chris Jericho, another one of my long time favorites. Now I haven't watched WWE in like two years, or at least since Punk left. so I don't know what the current talent is. But I would immediately put Jericho in the main event, make him a face at first. Get him right into the world title picture, put him in a fatal four way match with Seth Rollins (I just had to look up who was the WWE champ, sounds like he's a heel too) and John Cena, and let's throw Randy Orton in there too. Jericho wins, and everyone is pumped because it wasn't Cena. Cena is all pumped that they got the title off of Rollins. But then Jericho turns heel just like that and hits Cena with the belt. Jericho goes full on heel from that point, beard and all.

So we've got Cena and Jericho as the big feud again, and we'll have Jericho hold the title all the way to Wrestlemania. Then what is Randy Orton nowadays, a face or a heel? Let's say he's a face. And he feuds with Rollins for awhile. But then beats him and sends Rollins away to do some other shit. So it becomes Orton vs Cena vs Jericho at Wrestlemania. But Orton is a horrible face, so in the triple threat match Orton turns on Cena and helps Jericho retain, and Orton and Jericho team up now as the big evil bad guys.

Who has The Rock wrestled in the last year?

Sticking to the rules the answer is Lesnar. He won't have the special attraction impact that he does now but his appearances would still draw.

I'll help you out SoS. Even if you do like munching the odd bumhole now and then, you're one of the better rookie posters on this site. Here's to hoping KB has a change of heart soon and lets ya out.

On topic, I too have to go with The Rock. The guy is in the absolute best shape of his life right now and can clearly still go with the best of them in the ring and on the mic. A close second is Brock Lesnar, but I feel that his whole persona relies on making an appearance every few months and if he were to become full-time, he'd get lost in the shuffle eventually. Also, the guy's a megastar nowadays so he'd be great business wise.

As for how I'd book him, I too would go with Rusev as The Rock's return feud given the history they already have together. A good two month feud with Rock ultimately getting the better of Rusev. From there, I'd have Bray Wyatt target The Rock for one reason or the other leading to John Cena coming to his aid. This would lead to a tag team match at EC pitting Rock/Cena vs Wyatt/Harper with Cena/Rock getting the win. Next night, we get the mega match of Cena/Rock for the #1 contendership with Rollins ultimately screwing The Rock because he doesn't want to face him. This would lead to a triple threat match at the next PPV with Rollins retaining. Tensions between Rock/Cena escalate following the match and in the next few weeks leading to a match at Summerslam with Cena coming out on top. At this point, he'd be primed for a heel turn. After a short feud with Dean Ambrose, Brock Lesnar returns to challenge Rock at Survivor Series, where we get a Lesnar DQ victory after Rock beats him down with a chair, continuing the feud. At Royal Rumble Lesnar finally pins The Rock sending him over the edge. With two men left in the Rumble (Reigns, Rusev) Rock comes from under the ring and Rock Bottom's Reigns leading to his elimination. After 2 months of taunting and avoiding Reigns, calling him a failure, a nothing, a disgrace to the Anoi'a name, etc. they finally meet at Wrestlemania. Reigns gets the big win.

This was completely off the top of my head and although there are some sketchy parts, I could see it working well enough.

I felt like my heart split in half when I saw that I was the only person who voted for Sting.

Let's forget all this insider hubbub that would poison our ability to mark out like the old days. Sting working a full-time gig with the E would be the most bombastic occurrence in their history. Getting this gentleman in their ring at all was nothing short of a miracle, it would all the more legitimize the situation if Sting agreed to mix it up with the E's current mess of regulars.

Does Sting really have to do anything to entertain us at this point? I intentionally lower my expectations every time I tune in, it's as if I will myself into a lobotomized state only so that I can stomach another Lana loves Ziggler promo. Having Sting come out and beat them both down with a baseball bat might shock my system into a state of euphoria I haven't experienced since inventing time travel.

Sting's break is OVER! He needs to get to work thwacking away at every good vibe that tramples all over my lust for unprovoked homicidal rage.

*throws glitter*

I felt like my heart split in half when I saw that I was the only person who voted for Sting.

Let's forget all this insider hubbub that would poison our ability to mark out like the old days. Sting working a full-time gig with the E would be the most bombastic occurrence in their history. Getting this gentleman in their ring at all was nothing short of a miracle, it would all the more legitimize the situation if Sting agreed to mix it up with the E's current mess of regulars.

Does Sting really have to do anything to entertain us at this point? I intentionally lower my expectations every time I tune in, it's as if I will myself into a lobotomized state only so that I can stomach another Lana loves Ziggler promo. Having Sting come out and beat them both down with a baseball bat might shock my system into a state of euphoria I haven't experienced since inventing time travel.

Sting's break is OVER! He needs to get to work thwacking away at every good vibe that tramples all over my lust for unprovoked homicidal rage.

*throws glitter*

I was going to vote Sting but I chose The Rock instead. If it makes you feel any better, apparently I'm a giant idiot and Rocky isn't even eligible.

I'll help you out SoS. Even if you do like munching the odd bumhole now and then, you're one of the better rookie posters on this site. Here's to hoping KB has a change of heart soon and lets ya out.

:blush: Aww, shucks. Thanks homie.

On topic, I too have to go with The Rock. The guy is in the absolute best shape of his life right now and can clearly still go with the best of them in the ring and on the mic. A close second is Brock Lesnar, but I feel that his whole persona relies on making an appearance every few months and if he were to become full-time, he'd get lost in the shuffle eventually. Also, the guy's a megastar nowadays so he'd be great business wise.

As for how I'd book him, I too would go with Rusev as The Rock's return feud given the history they already have together. A good two month feud with Rock ultimately getting the better of Rusev. From there, I'd have Bray Wyatt target The Rock for one reason or the other leading to John Cena coming to his aid. This would lead to a tag team match at EC pitting Rock/Cena vs Wyatt/Harper with Cena/Rock getting the win. Next night, we get the mega match of Cena/Rock for the #1 contendership with Rollins ultimately screwing The Rock because he doesn't want to face him. This would lead to a triple threat match at the next PPV with Rollins retaining. Tensions between Rock/Cena escalate following the match and in the next few weeks leading to a match at Summerslam with Cena coming out on top. At this point, he'd be primed for a heel turn. After a short feud with Dean Ambrose, Brock Lesnar returns to challenge Rock at Survivor Series, where we get a Lesnar DQ victory after Rock beats him down with a chair, continuing the feud. At Royal Rumble Lesnar finally pins The Rock sending him over the edge. With two men left in the Rumble (Reigns, Rusev) Rock comes from under the ring and Rock Bottom's Reigns leading to his elimination. After 2 months of taunting and avoiding Reigns, calling him a failure, a nothing, a disgrace to the Anoi'a name, etc. they finally meet at Wrestlemania. Reigns gets the big win.

This was completely off the top of my head and although there are some sketchy parts, I could see it working well enough.

Interesting that you went with a Rock heel turn. I thought the same thing at first but there's just no way that the crowd boos Rock over Reigns. Especially at Wrestlemania.

Let's increase the eligibility a bit, otherwise we only have a handful of superstars to choose from, and the one whom we want to see return for a full year might not be one of them.

Among the names listed, my pick would be Rob Van Dam. He deserves a run with more wins than losses and going out on a high note. RVD is still quite fit and can go strong in the ring for a good deal of time. He is credible, he is popular, he can talk, he can fight. That's the man I'd pick.

Let's increase the eligibility a bit, otherwise we only have a handful of superstars to choose from, and the one whom we want to see return for a full year might not be one of them.

I'm curious who you would have chosen otherwise. HBK?

Okay. They have to have either wrestled once in the last year, or they're still capable of wrestling without risking further injury (A.K.A. Austin, Edge, etc.)

I voted other.

Kurt Angle (Whether in this scenario either his contract expires or TNA were shut down) could certainly wrestle a few times in one year. A motivated Kurt Angle on a send off tour culminating in a HOF induction would do both parties good.

Kurt IMO should have been either been the one to dethrone Rusev, or it would have legitimized Rusev to go over Angle. Kurt could have managed Swagger when Zeb got injured (sick?) or feuded with Swagger to elevate him.

There are many great matches that Kurt could have had in the company against Cesaro, Owens, Daniel Bryan, Rollins, Cena, Lesnar, etc. Numerous people could benefit from wrestling a reasonably healthy Kurt and more importantly the WWE universe still loves him and he deserves a proper ending to his WWE career that fans have been clamoring for.

Some people on the list are bigger stars like Rocky, but I think we would grow tired of seeing the rock even somewhat regularly. Angle can fit anywhere on the card, wrestle a diverse group of opponents, and can reliably do serious or comedic shtick.

I voted other.

Kurt Angle (Whether in this scenario either his contract expires or TNA were shut down) could certainly wrestle a few times in one year. A motivated Kurt Angle on a send off tour culminating in a HOF induction would do both parties good.

Kurt IMO should have been either been the one to dethrone Rusev, or it would have legitimized Rusev to go over Angle. Kurt could have managed Swagger when Zeb got injured (sick?) or feuded with Swagger to elevate him.

There are many great matches that Kurt could have had in the company against Cesaro, Owens, Daniel Bryan, Rollins, Cena, Lesnar, etc. Numerous people could benefit from wrestling a reasonably healthy Kurt and more importantly the WWE universe still loves him and he deserves a proper ending to his WWE career that fans have been clamoring for.

Some people on the list are bigger stars like Rocky, but I think we would grow tired of seeing the rock even somewhat regularly. Angle can fit anywhere on the card, wrestle a diverse group of opponents, and can reliably do serious or comedic shtick.

Kurt Angle! That's a good one. He never even crossed my mind. Probably because I haven't watched TNA in almost 5 years. Good, competitive matches with almost anybody on the roster. Who would you have him face at Wrestlemania 33? I'd say Daniel Bryan if he's back (which he should be), and if not DB then KO.

Angle crossed my mind but I wasn't sure if we were limiting this to just guys that had wrestled in the E in the past year.

Angle would definitely be a good pick.

As me, if he counts then I'd go with him. Just from a match and promo perspective.

If I'm Vince, I go with Sting. I think there's more money there. Especially in terms of merchandising.

I was going to vote Sting but I chose The Rock instead. If it makes you feel any better, apparently I'm a giant idiot and Rocky isn't even eligible.

Seriously? I feel like I don't even know you anymore.

The Rock is fun for a promo or as backup for a fan favorite. I really don't think we need another performer who has the booking staff in his back pocket, I'm already sick of seeing Brock Lesnar lose because "LOL! Fluke!". I doubt Rock would lay down for anyone except Cena, Lesnar or Roman, and he sure has hell wouldn't tap to anyone.

Sting is a guy who apparently isn't afraid of losing his reputation with the fans by taking a loss here or there. I like the more humble performers; Sting once allowed Dick Slater to beat him up and stuff his face into a flushing toilet if only to calm Dick down.

What we can expect from Rock is grandstanding, mouthing off and maybe (if we're lucky) a few minutes of actual wrestling. What we can expect from Sting is great matches, limited dialogue and occasionally seeing him get his face jammed into a toilet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back