• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Original vs Cover: Umbrella

Original vs Cover.

• Rihanna (Original)

• Biffy Clyro (Cover)

• All Time Low (Cover)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Okay, since Rihanna released this song, I have heard quite a few good covers of this song. The two that I find the best are the covers by Biffy Clyro and All Time Low. The Rihanna version is very good and was such a massive song when it was released, it is of no wonder that people constantly want to cover the song. Also, it is a pretty easy song to cover and there is nothing too lyrically imposing that stops male-dominated bands trying to do it better than Rihanna. Here are the three versions of the song:

Rihanna
[youtube]_iQRXuAo6Eg[/youtube]

Biffy Clyro
[youtube]lGZrn2Uh3Rg[/youtube]

All Time Low
[youtube]aav1QpkAe18[/youtube]

I personally like all 3 of the versions. Biffy Clyro are one of my favourite bands and I was thrilled to hear this song. I just think that it works better as a faster song and that it doesn't really work for them. All Time low did a pretty good job of it and I really like the cover. I am a rock fan more than other genres and I think that this song is pretty good. A really good cover by All Time Low but to be honest, Rihanna really does own this song so I am going to vote for the Original.

The song is really a good pop song. Simple, with a nice sound. I like Rihanna's version of the song, I really do. But Biffy Clyro did a great cover of it in my books. I like the slowed down version, tis how I sing it. Not a huge fan of All Time Low's cover here though. Overall, Rihanna put forth a song that could easily be covered and overshine her. Biffy Clyro did a good job of doing that, and I believe others could do good as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back