• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Original v. Cover: Something I Could Never Have

Status
Not open for further replies.

NSL

Life's A Bitch, And Then You Mosh
I know I've shown my distaste for NIN elsewhere, but this is a song I've always liked. Reznor isn't annoying on vocals, and the music isn't overdone. It's nice, slow, and tells a really sad story that we can all relate to. Flyleaf did a cover of this song, but never released it to my knowledge. They perform it at every live show, and the crowd is always singing along, holding their lighters/cell phones to the sky.

The Original:

The Cover:

While the music is pretty much the same, I have to go with Flyleaf's version. It's probably...OK...It is because I'm actually a fan of the band, and it'd be hard to argue that Reznor has a better voice than Lacey. They're both good, but I'd take Flyleaf's any day of the week.

I absolutely have to go with NIN here. I'm a big fan of their early work, and honestly...I just think Flyleaf are pretty awful. Sorry NSL, but I can't stand them. They weren't going to fare well in my decision on this contest either way though when their opposition is Trent Reznor.

Without a doubt NIN version for me here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back