Opinions of Vampiro ''The Dark Angel''?!

gully side adidja

Pre-Show Stalwart
Now i know some people may not know him or can't remember him but, he was as talented wrestler in wcw at the time as anyone, he was just unlucky to be coming in to the company at the time they were in decline(at the end of 99), he started off in a decent group with raven called the dead pool, in a decent feud with the filthy animals(rey mysterio, juventud, kidman, eddie guereero), raven left the company shortly after, vampiro then found his way in a decent feud with kidman, before, his biggest thing he ever did in wcw, his feud with sting(a feud a personally loved), after a long feud, when it finished he got into poor feuds, with the demon and mike awesome, and eventually left the company, his work in mexico was great. He was also great in the ring, extremely athletic(he hit the best spinning front kick i ever seen), smooth when executing moves, good in ring psychology, and was entertaining. As for his gimmick, he was similar to sting in terms of dark, a bit creepy and white face paint, but the main difference was he was a lot more verbal and unstable than sting.

wanna hear what you think of him as well, OPINIONS PLEASE!

I've actually always been a pretty big fan of his. He had a decent feud with Sting going and got a huge rub off him when he won the "set opponent on fire" match. He had a character/gimmick that you could of done a lot with if properly used.

He reminds me of a cross between Raven and CM Punk. His moveset was a lot like Punks (if I'm remember correctly), and he had the whole Raven "aura" going on (sprinkled in with some Sting). Very unique persona.

Unfortunately, I believe he suffered a pretty bad back injury in the final few months of WCW's existance, and when the WWE bought them out, he was sidelined w/ that injury so he was axed...never getting a fair chance. I dont think he'd survive in the WWE anyways...as Vince doesnt like the whole "Goth/Dead" gimmick (outside of Undertaker that is). Which is really too bad.

I think he's still down in Mexico wrestling where he's hugely successful and popular. I read an interview once with him saying he'll never go to TNA again for whatever reason, so chances are we'll never see Vampiro in the states again, which is too bad.

I'm with Sevastra on this. I've always loved the "dark" characters, and had he been around earlier he'd be remembered with the likes of Raven, not necessarily as a legend, but as someone worth remembering. I won't lie, but I watched the MTV wrestling promotion only because of Vampiro, and when my friends want to see clips of wrestling, the First Blood match between Vampiro and Sting is always on the list (where Vampiro gets his ass kicked, only to have a vat of "blood" poured on Sting and the whole ring, ultimately leading to Sting being hung back on his entrance wire drenched in blood...sick.)

I can't say I was ever that big of a fan to be frank. I absolutely despised his feud with Sting, now whether it was a combination of WCW's shitty booking, writing and illogical plots at the time I don't know but something about Vampiro made me feel slimey if that makes any sense and I hated him being anywhere near Sting, no disrespect to Vamps but I just felt Sting was being wasted with him.

I'm not sure what he's doing these days so I can't judge him by what he's like now, who knows? Maybe my opinion of him would be different today but I certainly don't have many great memories from watching Vampiro during his WCW days.

I was always a big fan of Vampiro and still am to this day. He was pretty solid in the ring and on the mic but was just never given a push that was worth a damn. He had a pretty good feud with Sting where he lit him on fire and threw him off the titantron but after that WCW seemingly forgot he was under contract, that was common though.

Vampiro had a nice yet short little run in TNA as well. He feuded with Raven for a bit but nothing really came of it. TNA did not give him any sort of push or contract and he went to Mexico where he is pretty over and has been for years, from what I have heard. Also, lets not forget him as the Heavyweight champion in WSX, at least he got some recognition for his abilities.

Like I said I was a fan of him and have been for years. He never got a proper push from any of the big companies but I hear he rubs a lot of people the wrong way and if you don't play ball you will always have a harder time making something of yourself in the wrestling business. Also, I heard the reason he has not considered TNA as an option is because there is some sort of heat between him and Sting. I do not know what it is but that is what I have heard.

Had there been better booking in WCW and with the right feud such as his feud with Sting, I think Vampiro could have made it fairly big in wrestling. I would love to see him return to a bigger promotion because he always entertained me. TNA would be a nice fit, if you ask me, but with the supposed heat he has with Sting I would not bet on that ever happening. It's a shame because he was a good wrestler. Very agile for a big man.

I was never a "hater" of Vampiro, but I was never really a fan either. He had a good look to him, and he wasn't all bad in the ring, but he was just hard to watch.

No matter what I thought of him though, it all went to hell at Bash At The Beach 2000, in that damn Graveyard Match, or whatever it was, where you had to brawl out in the graveyard, and then get back to the arena before your opponent.

Sure, it wasn't his idea, and he's not entirely to blame for the segment stinking up the place, but he was involved, and that's bad enough.

I was a big mark for Vamp. Yes he was stiff in the ring. But he had a unique character, was decent on the mic, & had an impressive move set & atheticism. He had an awesome program w/ Sting. But what happened often in WCW he was buried an was an afterthought in afew weeks. A shame, for he had potential.

I'm a huge fan of Vampiro. I was seriously getting into the feud between him and Judas Mesias in Wrestling Society X, then MTV canceled that to make room for silly teenager reality shows :(

I was never a "hater" of Vampiro, but I was never really a fan either. He had a good look to him, and he wasn't all bad in the ring, but he was just hard to watch.

No matter what I thought of him though, it all went to hell at Bash At The Beach 2000, in that damn Graveyard Match, or whatever it was, where you had to brawl out in the graveyard, and then get back to the arena before your opponent.

Sure, it wasn't his idea, and he's not entirely to blame for the segment stinking up the place, but he was involved, and that's bad enough.

I don't know if it can all be chalked up just to the Graveyard match. Yes, that was one of the reasons he did not go so far, but also WCW never had anything for him to do. Other then his on going feud with Sting he was never put into any other real programs. He did his thing with the Misfits (the band) and the ICP. I think if WCW would have actually put the TV or US title on him he could have turned out better but they didn't and he fell off the map.

Also, like I previously said he has burned a lot of bridges in the American wrestling business. That is pretty much why he only performs in Mexico, because no one else will sign him anymore. His kids God-father is Norman Smiley and that won't even land him a training job in FCW. Maybe, if he would have played the game of politics in wrestling he could have become more of a name, but we will never know.

I will continue to hold out hope he turns up somewhere but that probably won't happen unless XPW makes a full time return or CZW signs him. Besides, he has a pretty sweet gig down in AAA. He is super over and a face currently. No reason for him to leave that for a nothing job in America unless he is being payed more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back