Open Letter to Hijackers Attending Wrestlemania XXXI

CKDaimen702

Occasional Pre-Show
Dear IWC Members/Hijackers who have tickets to Wrestlemania,

On Sunday, March 29, Wrestlemania XXXI will be held at Levi’s Stadium in San Francisco, California. The card is stacked as it usually is, and there will be multiple attractions to give you your money’s worth at the Showcase of the Immortals. This letter is a request to all fans attending the event who are disgruntled at the main event to do one of three things: 1. Sell Your Ticket for a Profit; 2. Leave the event before the main event; or 3. Give the main event a fair chance with an open mind. Failure to do any of these three, and to pretty much go out of your way to hijack the match with boos and heckling, is not only ruining the experience for fans who are trying to enjoy the main event of Wrestlemania live, which should be an awesome experience for everyone…but you are also, and more importantly, flat out being an Grade A ignorant douchebag.

Let’s begin with Option #1. Sell your ticket. If you hate that Daniel Bryan is not main eventing or if you truly hate the main event as much as you may be saying to your friends, then sell your ticket and make some money off of it. It’s too late to prove a point to the WWE by taking money out of their pockets, but at least YOU can make money off of your displeasure. The beauty is, you have and have had WEEKS now to know what the main event will be. So to not sell your ticket and to show up at the event, to me would signify that you are OPEN to being entertained. To willingly pass on the opportunity to make money just to HECKLE and HIJACK goes beyond immaturity. That is much too mild of a word. It is borderline inbred behavior that gives the intellect of the John Q. Wrestling Fan a bad name.

Option #2.”Why would I want to do that?” You might ask. “I already have my ticket, and there are other matches and people I want to see. I’m going to watch the other matches and then crap on the main event because I am a paying consumer and I can.” Dude, shut the hell up. If all of that is true, and you are only there for the other matches, then here is the solution: BEAT THE F’N TRAFFIC! LEAVE THE EVENT BEFORE THE MAIN EVENT! That way it’s a WIN/WIN! You get to beat the traffic and leave with only pleasant memories of Wrestlemania without this “horrid main event” ruining it. And most importantly, THOSE WHO WANT TO ENJOY THEIR WRESTLEMANIA EXPERIENCE LIVE OR AT HOME FOR THAT MATTER CAN DO SO IN PEACE. So in essence, you would not only be doing yourself a favor, but you would be doing the entire wrestling community a favor. And enough with the whole “paying consumer” argument. You know what the main event is AHEAD OF TIME so it is NOT a surprise. Therefore to heckle the match immediately is not voicing an opinion, it is hijacking and ruining the show for fans, ESPECIALLY kids. As one poster, FreezeisGawd once put it, you are grown ass men….why are you ruining a product that is primarily targeted for kids!!?!? Imagine yourself at like 11 years old at your first Wrestlemania, and you’re trying to get into the match, and all you hear are these boos. At the very least, you will be distracted because you’ll be wondering why they are booing so much. And at the very most you will have your buzz killed altogether. If you want to voice your dissatisfaction as a consumer, as I’m sure it’s been said time and time again, you can stop watching. But hey, it doesn’t have to be to that extreme. You can LEAVE EARLY when the main event is something you don’t like. The same way some sports fans leave a game early when they don’t like where it’s going. The home crowd may boo the home team, but only if it’s a bad performance. Here’s an example. Let’s say Cleveland Browns fans want Johnny Manziel to start over Brian Hoyer. They will boo Hoyer if he throws INTs and is playing bad, but if they know before they arrived that Hoyer will be starting, they will not boo Hoyer upon sight of him. THEY WILL GIVE HIM A CHANCE FIRST. Because who knows, he might entertain them and win the game for them. And if you don’t want to watch Brian Hoyer play at all, instead of showing up and paying money to boo him upon sight, instead, you are NOT GOING TO BUY THE TICKET, or you are going to refund it for money. So I’m not saying don’t boo Roman Reigns. But there is a huge difference between booing Roman Reigns and booing the match and thereby hijacking the match. And let’s not get into the gray areas on what the difference is because we all know the difference when we hear it. I also am aware that bad matches have been booed throughout history, but I also know that you cannot tell if a match is bad in the first 4-5 minutes, and you certainly cannot tell at the sound of the bell. Therefore, the bad match argument does not apply either, it is simply hijacking. So once again, Option #2 is in my opinion the most logical option, if you are dead set on hating the main event, please, leave early so others can enjoy, which is the heart and general message of this open letter.

Option #3: GIVE IT AN F’N CHANCE! You don’t have to be amped up, you don’t even have to cheer. Just sit there, shut the hell up, and watch the match. At worst, you will be allowing others to have their cheers and enthusiasm heard, thereby making Wrestlemania moments for other fans. At best, you might actually enjoy yourself. Sadly, I feel this is asking too much. What does that say for the state of the wrestling fans today?

Aren’t the majority of you guys old school? I mean, most of the hijackers are grown ass men, so for the love of God, aren’t you guys nostalgic about when people actually didn’t hijack shows? When the fans actually behaved like they WANTED to be there? Don’t you miss the Wrestlemania moments, hell, the WRESTLING moments when fans popped and respected the booking? Because if they didn’t respect the booking, they wouldn’t be there at all? Don’t you miss things like Warrior and Hogan blowing the roof off? Hogan slamming Andre and the Pontiac Silverdome being shaken to its foundation? God, don’t you miss the ELECTRICITY in the air at virtually all the Attitude Era events and matches, especially when Austin and Rock were in the same ring? Don’t you realize that ALL, not most, but ALL of the great wrestling moments in history were only possible because of the fans’ reactions? Don’t you realize how much you are crapping on wrestling history by not giving wrestlers and/or main events A CHANCE AT LEAST!?!?! Maybe the title of this post shouldn’t be “Open Letter to Wrestling Fans” maybe it should be, “Do you guys even realize what you are doing to wrestling history?” I mean, do you? Do you ever sit back and reflect on how many wrestling moments and Wrestlemania moments today’s wrestling fans are crapping on and taking away from kids and fellow wrestling fans alike? Do you?? Well, whether you do or you don’t, this open letter pretty much pleads with you to reflect on the difference you are making to history, and in doing so, take one of the three very logical and attractive options I have provided for you. Prove not to me, but to your fellow wrestling fans and to the world, that wrestling fans are not Neanderthals. Because believe me, to show up to an event knowing what the main attraction will be, and to hijack it would be proving quite the opposite. I’ll go one step further. All Wrestlezone admins should let this letter go viral and post it on their news and hopefully other wrestling sites will pick up on it as well. They should post this letter for the entire world to see. Feel free to edit, omit, and do whatever you feel necessary. But Wrestlezone admins need to post this letter in defense of wrestling fans who want to enjoy the biggest event of the year. Because let’s face it, Wrestlezone admins have a lot more power to make a difference than I do.

Sincerely,

John Q. Wrestling Fan

So are you paid by WWE?

To write a a long letter like that.

Reigns will get booed. Beeeleeeve Dat.

So are you paid by WWE?

To write a a long letter like that.

Reigns will get booed. Beeeleeeve Dat.

This is the kind of stubborn and headstrong reply from a Neanderthal source that is hijacking not only events, but wrestling history. Boo Reigns all you want, but don't boo the match. Again, there is a difference, and let's not pretend like we don't know it. If needed, I will try my best to walk you through this difference.

I agree with the part about giving the match a chance. Reigns delivered with Bryan and might do the same with Brock. Brock is completely different which simply means the match will be different. It doesn't necessarily mean worse.

The reality is that this match will receive a poor reaction. I reckon straight from the off especially if it leaked Brock is leaving. The best hope for the WWE is the fans start off cheering for Brock and the two put on a great match - something I'm optimistic about - before warming to Reigns. Maybe he needs to get his head kicked it for it to happen.

Worst case scenario is the boos are so incredibly loud that it becomes distracting. Also CM Punk chants which will almost certainly happen. I'd be pissed off if the fans don't give the match a chance because "hijacking" is just irritating. They bought the ticket so should be allowed chant whatever but it doesn't make it any less annoying.

Ok, I don't have the Wrestlemania XXXI tickets, so may be this letter doesn't address me. I do have the network, and because of its geographical limitations, I pay a bit more for it than some of my US counterparts.

Now coming to your letter, and this 'genuine' plea to a 'smart' fan (who may or may not be booing Reigns at this time), I have a question. How do you know that the fans who may or may not hijack the main event are all going to be your 'IWC' smarks? What if people are genuinely trying to enjoy the main event but because of the build or lack thereof, are not invested in it? What if only few people are enjoying the match but majority are just not into it? Should they just sit on their hands or 'beat the traffic' to leave the arena pretty much empty?

I know it's a hypothetical scenario I have made up, just like you have hypothetically assumed that anyone who boos the match just wants to ruin the match. I wholeheartedly agree that the match should be given a chance. I can't speak for the people, and I completely understand your concern over the 'hijacking' of the main event. But I doubt anyone would pay that much money for a ticket to Mania so that they can hijack the main event. If it turns out to be not good, they'll do what they want. And you'll know.

No offense but this thread is stupid.. Nobody is going to hijack WrestleMania, it was never planned to happen.. It's not like last year, not enough people give a shit this year to hijack the show over something so stupid.

While I agree that everyone has the ability to voice their opinion, they should at least try to be open to giving things a chance before shitting over something.

While I know Reigns isn't like the Rock, SCSA, Paul Heyman, CM Punk or anyone on the mic, he isn't bad. When given the chance Reigns goes out their, cuts a decent promo.

Is he a Seth Rollins, Daniel Bryan, Kevin Owens in the ring? NOPE. Is he even a Goldberg or John Cena in the ring? NOPE. Is he horrible in the ring? NOPE. I've seen too much potential in Roman Reigns to believe that when time comes to put on his best match ever he will put on his worst. I am sure Reigns will have a few special moves in his arsenal for Wrestlemania as I am sure guys like Bryan, Rollins, Ambrose, Lesnar will all at least help improve, specially for that match.

If people are willing to go to the PPV with an open mind and forget that Bryan isn't main eventing, then their is potential for this PPV.

I make a plea, please DON'T HIJACK WRESTLEMANIA

When John cena first got his main event push his merch was top selling, he had the fans in his corner and got good ratings. That's true of all stars that had a "make me mania" essentially a main event that's a coming out party of a main event. Those are the only time the main event didn't feature the top or one of the top stars. Reigns hasn't had the top selling merch, he has half the fans on a good night and his ratings are down 10% year over year. The fans who already bought their tickets aren't making a profit off the secondary market with tickets still available and the market flooded, the chance for a swerve (rollins cash in) is going to keep them in their seats, but when you put the man who doesn't care vs the man no one cares about you're asking for a negative response. Given it's an outdoor venue the cheers might not carry so you at least have the chance it can't be hijacked. However the next night on raw reigns will recieve a very poor response. Most fans prefer bryan and see his push down the card as an insult to him and the fans. If reigns were getting "a" push instead of "the" push maybe it would be different but most people do not want ten years of LOLREIGNSWINS when Daniel Bryan never got his fair shake.

This letter is a brilliant idea. It should be copied and pasted all over the web.

People will be coming in from all over the world to enjoy the show and a few disgruntled idiots may try to shit on the match before it even really starts.

This really should apply to every match and just about every night. If you don't like what's going on then go to the bathroom, go buy some merch, text your hatred to your buddies do anything except try to ruin the show.

Very few programs have been worthy of hijacking and this year's mania will not be one. I couldn't imagine what it would have been like if I were a kid trying to watch in this day and age.

Ok, I don't have the Wrestlemania XXXI tickets, so may be this letter doesn't address me. I do have the network, and because of its geographical limitations, I pay a bit more for it than some of my US counterparts.

Now coming to your letter, and this 'genuine' plea to a 'smart' fan (who may or may not be booing Reigns at this time), I have a question. How do you know that the fans who may or may not hijack the main event are all going to be your 'IWC' smarks? What if people are genuinely trying to enjoy the main event but because of the build or lack thereof, are not invested in it? What if only few people are enjoying the match but majority are just not into it? Should they just sit on their hands or 'beat the traffic' to leave the arena pretty much empty?

I know it's a hypothetical scenario I have made up, just like you have hypothetically assumed that anyone who boos the match just wants to ruin the match. I wholeheartedly agree that the match should be given a chance. I can't speak for the people, and I completely understand your concern over the 'hijacking' of the main event. But I doubt anyone would pay that much money for a ticket to Mania so that they can hijack the main event. If it turns out to be not good, they'll do what they want. And you'll know.

I appreciate your question and the respectful tone in which it was presented and I'll be happy to address it:

Originally I was going to title the post "Open Letter to IWC/Hijackers" but I considered that would be unfair because the entire IWC shouldn't be villainized. This is something I have been guilty of doing in the past and it's not right. Technically, I am a member of the IWC. Not even technically, just plain as day. I'm on a wrestling message board online, therefore I'm in the IWC. IWC members come in different forms and carry different opinions. So my letter is directed SPECIFICALLY at Hijackers. As to your more direct question of what if fans genuinely aren't into it for "legit" reasons. Well that fan will have the same options. I would think this fan would be more open-minded and amenable to Option #3. They would be capable of giving the match a chance because one should always leave open the possibility of being surprised. Having said that, my primary audience for the letter was 1. The Hijackers and 2. Wrestling fans who feel the same way I do and want to A. Enjoy Wrestlemania and even more importantly - B. Put an end to this near drought of wrestling history moments as of late due to hijackers. With the exception of Daniel Bryan's WM moment last year, I would be hard pressed to name 5 classic WM main event moments the fans helped make in recent history. That's sad. But what's even sadder is if the main event is just flat out crapped on altogether, which is what I am trying my best to avoid and I'm calling and asking not only Wrestlezone admins, but fellow wrestling fans to help this happen by supporting this letter and its ideals to help fight the hijackers. Because it's almost as if everyone from the WWE all the way to the wrestling news sites are afraid to state the obvious: Hijackers DO take away from the quality of the show. So hopefully by me saying all of the words for them, the wrestling sites will simply paste it so they won't have to state the obvious themselves.

When the fans actually behaved like they WANTED to be there?

I can appreciate that line. Makes me think back to an era I've read about, when Bruno Sammartino was selling out Madison Square Garden every month with fans cheering what they came to see. Yes, they also booed.....but they were booing the villains, not the show.

Of course, the Internet has altered our perceptions of pro wrestling, along with everything else. Fans who frequent this forum have been dissecting the individual match-ups.....which is actually fun to do.....yet sometimes we over-analyze things to the extent that the PPV itself is almost anti-climactic; too many folks know in advance they're going to hate some of the matches.

As for the people who bought their ticket to Wrestlemania because it's an event, either something they want to attend because so many other folks are doing it.....or just a treat for the kiddies......the ones who don't follow wrestling on the Internet or magazines probably don't have an opinion of, say, Roman Reigns to start with, so they're not going to the event to boo him or the match. If they wind up jeering because they watch him and think he's no good.....well, that's fair enough, I suppose.

Still, the line about going to wrestling shows because you want to enjoy what's being presented rings true. Yes, you have the right to boo if you want, but there's still a lot to be said about going into it with an open mind.

Imo, part of the problem we've been discussing on our forum is that WWE has been so slow to identify who's fighting who; several of the top name performers haven't been assigned matches yet, and it's hurting the build-up to the event.

We can dissect that all we want in the weeks leading up.....but come March 29, I plan to enjoy WM31 from my living room, same as always.

I also agree that this letter is spot on and hope many RR haters take note of it and consider the spirit thereof. However, I believe that you may be giving those in the IWC about whom you wrote this letter far too much credit. People of their ilk seem devoid of rationality. They want what they want and nothing else. They tend to be slavering mental deficients, harboring a considerible dearth of sensible modes of thought. Great letter and idea. Too true.

I'm firmly of the belief that, if you pay your money, you can chant/boo/applaud whatever you want- so long as you aren't chanting anything offensive. If you want to spend hundreds of dollars to crap on something then go ahead. Personally, I'd be far too enthralled to be at Mania to crap on anything (unless there was a rare situation like Lesnar/Goldberg). At the end of the day this isn't a new concept, it's still a case of some people having one guy as their favourite and some people having another.

One thing I'm not a huge fan of is fantasy booking. I like to maintain that feeling of wondering what's going to happen rather than think of, or read about, every possible scenario. I do feel as if a lot of fans that use the Internet forums deprive themselves of that feelng because they find a scenario online that they really like and everything else becomes an inferior second choice (I know this has happened to me). As such, I think a lot of fans become pre-conditioned to not like something before it actually happens.

Much appreciated open letter. Thank you! The rebellious hipsters think hijacking WrestleMania is impact. Nah, that's no impact. Punching someone square in the jaw, now that's IMPACT! And in the WWE World Heavyweight Championship match at WrestleMania 31, that's exactly what Roman Reigns is going to do to the Beast Incarnate BROCK LESNAR! BELIEVE THAT!!! Brock Lesnar is a once-in-a-lifetime athlete with an aura greater than the Greek gods and he conquered The Undertaker at WrestleMania 30 and squashed MEGA-Superstar John Cena in route to the WHC and a dominant title reign thereafter. Roman Reigns is a Samoan Bad-A$$ with a chip on his shoulder who single handily took out the Authority ( Kane, Randy Orton, Seth Rollins) before injury cost him some time. He returned and slayed a giant in Big Show, beat 29 other WWE Superstars to win the Royal Rumble, and successfully defended his number one contender-ship against the best technical wrestler of this generation in Daniel Bryan. Now the Beast Incarnate Brock Lesnar battles the Samoan Bad-A$$ Roman Reigns for the WWE World Heavyweight Championship at WRESTLEMANIA!!! Both WWE Superstars involved are great wrestlers and they'll put on an excellent epic wrestling match of a lifetime! I'm excited for this match and hopefully the hipsters don't ruin it with a hijack.

personally i believe that if you bought your ticket you can cheer, boo or stay silent. If people want to cheer great, if they are bored or don't care they can sit down and stay quiet, but if they hate whats going on they can boo. By hate i mean because they aren't liking what they see or who they see in the ring.

Honestly the main event is giving fans waaaaaay too many reasons to boo. You have brock, great athlete and probably one of the greatest of all times IMO, but he doesn't care or doesn't seem to, he is there for the money. He is a great partner for a ring general but he himself isn't one, so he depends on the other guy to carry it. Then you have reigns who is NOT a ring general, which worries me for the quality of the match since WM XX showed us the kind of match Brock can have when he doesn't care. Reigns isnt the best and to me doesnt belong in that match YET. He is not the best in the ring, or the mic, or the most popular, or even the highest seller of merch. His ascension to the top of the mountain has been rocky at best with claims that he isn't ready and saying Daniel Bryan is.

TBH i've been to Mania in the past and cheered my voice OFF, but the build for this Mania has been weak, I don't agree with who is main eventing, and if Brock and Reigns don't click the people will make it even worse. i'm going in with an open mind (Bryan showed us it IS possible for Reigns to have a good match with the right guy) but Reigns lost my support when WWE pushed him too soon

What does that say about the main event when you deem it "neccesary" to write this letter giving fans other options besides booing the match. That's a pretty sad state of affairs imo. The WWE made the wrong choice and now they have to deal with the consequences.

I go back for enough to remember when kayfabe ruled....when Sammartino, or Putski, or Backlund, could mount a slow comeback after 15 minutes of villain dominated rest holds, and the roof would blow off the Garden from the screaming and excitement.

But that was then and this is now.

WWE MUST adapt...and that means fully embracing the potential for a hijack and being prepared for it.

If they don't, then the failure of Wrestlemania will be on them...not the fans who booed or cheered.

At this point, though, the build is going so poorly that I believe the only way the show and main event can be salvaged is if it's leaked that Brock is staying and he retains cleanly...and then pounds an attempted cash-in out of Rollins, as well.

This is not unreasonable. However, if any match does not meet some reasonable level of quality and the fans are genuinely displeased with the performance or the outcome I would say boo away. But you would probably have more of an effect on the future if you just stopped watched WWE and giving them money.

It is a tough spot to be in.

And remember, Fandagoing is stupid and you were stupid for doing it. Much like #AxelMania and Zack Ryder.

Option 4: Ignore the self-righteous IWC Etiquette Police who didn't shell out THEIR money to go to Wrestlemania, and do whatever comes naturally to you while you are at the show. If having a good time includes letting your voice be heard, go for it. This is a wrestling show, not a Broadway Play.

I hate it whenever I hear someone saying wrestling is supposed to only mainly aimed for kids,
Whats the cut off age for a wrestling fan? As I'm in my 30s I guess thats way to old? How dare I watch wrestling at my age?
I guess wrestling is no place for adults and how dare they attend wrestlemania unless accompnied by a young child?, Also now the new rule you must be a fan of Roman Reigns in order to watch and attend Wrestlemania? Glad The USA is still a free country.
In reality I get the feeling at the moment that if everyone who was displeased with the main event left that would only leave a handfull of fans left sitting in the audience which I think having an almost empty arena match would do more harm to the main event, Really if someone buys a ticket I think they have the right to boo or cheer whoever they want in past years when Cena was on top half the people appeared to cheer for him and the other half appeared to boo for him which I don't think ruined anything. Its not a dictatorship no need to start banning fans because they dislike a certain guy, Even Daniel Bryan last year had his share of people who didn't like him I don't think theres ever going to be a wrestler who will please everyone. Maybe if Reigns went out at Wrestlemania and had a 5 star match of the night he would silence the haters and prove them wrong.

I hate it whenever I hear someone saying wrestling is supposed to only mainly aimed for kids,
Whats the cut off age for a wrestling fan? As I'm in my 30s I guess thats way to old? How dare I watch wrestling at my age?
I guess wrestling is no place for adults and how dare they attend wrestlemania unless accompnied by a young child?, Also now the new rule you must be a fan of Roman Reigns in order to watch and attend Wrestlemania? Glad The USA is still a free country.
In reality I get the feeling at the moment that if everyone who was displeased with the main event left that would only leave a handfull of fans left sitting in the audience which I think having an almost empty arena match would do more harm to the main event, Really if someone buys a ticket I think they have the right to boo or cheer whoever they want in past years when Cena was on top half the people appeared to cheer for him and the other half appeared to boo for him which I don't think ruined anything. Its not a dictatorship no need to start banning fans because they dislike a certain guy, Even Daniel Bryan last year had his share of people who didn't like him I don't think theres ever going to be a wrestler who will please everyone. Maybe if Reigns went out at Wrestlemania and had a 5 star match of the night he would silence the haters and prove them wrong.

I think you are mistaken on a few of your issues. People aren't saying wrestling in general is mainly for kids the WWE themselves are marketing their product to kids. Fans can cheer or boo as they want but the fans in question and the ones that are a problem are not doing so because of the wrestler but because they want to be part of the show and sway the WWE to changing a storyline. Vince has been in the sport too long to play that game.
Lastly, people are not hating on Reigns. The problem is he hasn't earned his position in any way as he has only been a singles wrestler for less than a year, he hasn't paid his dues. You can't tell a fan who they have to root for, it has to happen naturally and the WWE is tell you who you will vote for. You seem to be a Reigns fan but I'm telling you that you can't and Lesnar has the be your favorite wrestler and you must cheer him. Pretty crappy way to be treated huh?
That said, I don't like the product they've been putting out so I won't watch, but I won't tell someone else what they should do.

U see.....usually I would agree with you about gi ing things a chance, but I am really god damn tired of how bad raws been and how bad these ppvs have been. And it hasnt been for a little while.......its been for a long ass time. You say we should respect the booking and I would if it werent pure shit. Ive spent too long watching 2-3 of raw hoping for 1 good thing. And for me this roman reigns thing its just the straw the broke the camels back. So I say fuck it.......ruin the main event. If it ruins it for other people then fine........maybe people will be disgruntled and stop watching because of it......then maybe vince will retire.

Hey you know what you pay your money to attend, and like other have said what you do there is your own business. As long as your not being offensive then I don't see a problem.

Roman Reigns himself said that if the fans don't want to see him then stay silent, but as long as they're making noise, any noise, he'll be out there doing his thing.

I can't imagine anything worse for a wrestler than to come out and have dead silence, or to watch fans leave in droves. At least if they have a reaction then that means they're paying attention. Watch a couple of the last PPV's before the Rumble, the crowds were dead and totally sucked the air out of the place.

The WWE does not want to see thousands of people leaving as Lesnar and Reigns are announced, and Reigns and Lesnar don't want to play to a dead crowd. I can almost guarantee you that.

I 100% agree with the OP. I want to enjoy the show so if someone doesn't want to go and wants to sell their tickets let me know! I'd love to go!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back