Kevin Garnett
Allen Iverson
Kobe Bryant
Tim Duncan
Dirk Nowitzki
LeBron James
Dwyane Wade
Kevin Durant

TNT did a similar list in 2006 which could be found here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TNT's_Next_10_Greatest_NBA_Players

Let's not try to disparage any players that are honourable mentions. Let's be honest here, any players up for discussion has been really good or even great in the NBA. Although the pandering to C Webb was lol-worthy in my opinion. Great player but I don't think it can be argued others didn't have a greater resume.

I don't really consider McAdoo and Wilkins to be viable candidates just because they were snubbed in the original 50. I think the list should be about the best players in the years after the original 50

Here's my list of the next 10 in the 18 year after the original 50.

Tim Duncan
Lebron James
Kobe Bryant
Dwyane Wade
Kevin Garnett
Gary Payton (iffy on this since he played before and after the original list)
Dirk Nowitzki
Jason Kidd
Allen Iverson
Kevin Durrant.

I think we can all agree Duncan, Kobe, and Lebron are a shoo-in while the next tier would be Wade and Garnett. Shaq would absolutely be on the list if he wasn't on the original 50. I find it surprisingly easy to leave out 2 time MVP Steve Nash because I can't seem to replace him with anyone on my list.

The rest of the list outside of the trio of Duncan, Kobe and Lebron are debatable. What's your list? Let's have some fun before the NBA starts again.

You're right about Duncan, Kobe, and Lebron. Those three are on the list and anyone who even attempts to disprove that is crazy.

After those three who have been by far the best player in the league at their respective positions; I'm looking for whose been the best PG and Center since the original 50 have been put together. The center position was hardest to choose because Shaq has been best since the original 50 was announced, however, he was on the original list. IMO Dwight Howard is no where near being that great so I had to go with a player who is traditionally a PF but who has also played a lot of the center position over the years. So I have to go with Kevin Garnett. IMO the best PG since the original list was announced is Jason Kidd so I have to add him.

After those 5 it gets kind of tough because there is so much to consider. Championships, awards, impact on the game, etc. Ultimately while making my list, I asked myself who would be a first ballot Hall of Famer right now. So I came up with Allen Iverson and Dirk Nowinski to add to the list.

Now here is where my list starts to get a little controversial. As was said on Open Court, Dominique Wilkins should've been on the original list, so I'm putting him on mine. Now I know a lot of people would add Dwayne Wade and Kevin Durant, but I can't. Wade has never been good enough to carry a team on his own and it's just not Durant's time yet. Ultimately I have to go with Tony Parker and Steve Nash. Parker has been just as important to the Spurs over the years as Duncan has and Steve Nash is a 2 time League MVP who made players around him better. Playing with Nash people like Shawn Marion have been all stars and Amare apparently can't play without him.

So my list goes....

Lebron James
Kobe Bryant
Tim Duncan
Kevin Garnett
Jason Kidd
Allen Iverson
Dirk Nowinski
Dominique Wilkins
Tony Parker
Steve Nash

Users who are viewing this thread