online call of duty

911 JP

Love the sig!
I have not yet played cod online but i will be soon. I was wondering if anyone could give me a few tips about playing online, how to practice for it offlind and list any other details. Also if u could explain what the experience is like. Both cod mwf2 and black ops would be alrite thnx

There are no tips for playing any Call of Duty online. You just have to learn how to play online and be good at it. You have to feel comfortable playing it.

If you're going to start playing Call of Duty online, then I wouldn't start with Modern Warfare 2 or Black Ops. Both are overrated, unrealistic and overplayed worldwide. If you want something that's actually worth your time playing, and one that won't ruin your Call of Duty online experience from the get go, then I'd play Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare first.

Call of Duty 4 is both sophisticated, but easy to get the hang of at the same time. It's better than Modern Warfare 2 because Modern Warfare 2 is still glitched up to the eyeballs, despite it being released well over a year ago, and the same with Black Ops. I understand that Black Ops is new-ish, but it's still glitched up. It's certain to ruin your experience straight away.

The online experience? Like I said, you have to get used to it and get over the fact that when you kill somebody, you're most likely going to be cussed at endlessly until you're killed again. Despite my love, personally, for Call of Duty 4's campaign and multiplayer modes, it's a pathetic gaming environment. It's clustered with little kids that don't understand the game itself, and ruin it for people that do actually enjoy playing a good solid game without being told by a 12 year old that their Dad in Michigan is going to come and destroy you just for killing their character fairly.

I like to label, Call of Duty's online mode as a childish environment. There are games like Medal of Honor, Battlefield, Grand Theft Auto, Red Dead Redemption and Gears of War that I label as adult environments, because it's a more challenging game, the online mode isn't swarmed with children, and it's a nice game to go and play online with people that do actually play for fun and teamwork. Not abuse and childish malarky.

It's completely up to you though. Like I said, you can't be told how to play Call of Duty, take the advice and be great at the game. You have to learn how to play, mess about with a few guns and decide which you like the best and which suits your style of play. Perks help aswell. You'll have to mess around with those aswell though, and with the same as weaponry, see which ones suit your needs and style of play.

The online experience? Like I said, you have to get used to it and get over the fact that when you kill somebody, you're most likely going to be cussed at endlessly until you're killed again. Despite my love, personally, for Call of Duty 4's campaign and multiplayer modes, it's a pathetic gaming environment. It's clustered with little kids that don't understand the game itself, and ruin it for people that do actually enjoy playing a good solid game without being told by a 12 year old that their Dad in Michigan is going to come and destroy you just for killing their character fairly.

And not only 12 year olds. My room mate who is 20 plays cod whenever he's not at school or work. He'll sit in his room for hours on end playing online. Usually I hear snippets like, "Fucking RPG motherfucking playing ******." So most likely you're bound to hear comments like that. Personally I've never played cod online but I'm looking to get into it. I mean when he's having fun, it definitely looks like a blast.

I play only from boredom or just to hear the screeching little kids bitch at you for hard-scoping or something like that. Playing Ops isn't that bad since it some what reminds of COD4 but COD4 > Cod series. Pro Tip: High sensitivity is best. Other than that, don't suck but do play other online games like Red Dead Redemption, GTA, etc..

Wow thanks 4 all the comments and tips. Dont stereotype the 12 Year olds, my bro is and he owns the game when me and my mates play, plus he nows about the game and storyline etc. Thanks for the rest of the tips again, i do hav cod 4 and will play that online first thanks for the advice.

I enjoy a good Call of Duty game, but can't stand listening to people and their immature/negative comments so I ALWAYS mute everyone at the start of each game.

On Black Ops, there is a Combat Training Mode which is an offline (although it still requires you to have an online connection) multiplayer for players that are new and/or want to experiment and practice new tactics and weapons.

It is an entirely separate ranking and unlocking system with AI opponents instead of online enemies. Combat Training can be played on any map but only in Free-For-All & Team Deathmatch modes as the AI isn’t smart enough to attempt certain objectives such as Capture the Flag.

Black Ops is the first Call of Duty game to feature this, so this is your only true way of practicing before stepping foot into an actually multiplayer match.

Good luck.

You have to basically change how you play each game. That's why there are multiple classes you can create. Sometimes you have to crouch and be careful with every step, other times you have to run around like a maniac. You evolve with whoever you are playing against. Noob tubes suck, but they are also fun to use. Have good killstreak rewards. My favorite gun to use on BO is the famas. Try and have a red-dot scope. Don't really worry about silencers (or suppressors depending on the game), you'll die anyways.

All in all, just play to have fun. There are people who take it too seriously and they are all assholes.

Like Merkley said, you've got a Combat Training mode on COD: Black Ops that allows you to basically get the feel of getting into the game and the unpredictability of the gameplay when versing others online. You'll notice soon that some of what the AI does is quite unrealistic, but they are there for fodder. It's more of a chance to combine different weapons, perks, attachments, grenades, etc. together to make the ultimate class for you. I suggest doing this first before heading online. One thing though, you'll need to go online to play Combat Training but it can work offline once it's registered.

Once you're ready to make the transition, you'll have to play a few rounds using default classes before you can make your own. When you can, see if you can create different classes for different scenario's/maps/game types. Best to have a variety too and trying using different guns all the time (i.e. don't have two classes with the same gun, unless you haven't unlocked anything better). The basic ones there are:

• Ninja/ghosting
  • Sprinting
  • Anti-Aircraft
  • Sniping

Once you advance through perks and such, you'll discover what's right for you. I can't tell you what to do from here as that's not up to me, I'm not you and I don't have your playing style. However, I can tell you what not to do:

- For the love of God, don't use grenade launchers. They've made them more difficult to use and people will spam you if you use them (as they think you are spamming them by "tubing"). I'd also recommend only using launchers against air-crafts, not people (spamming issue again).

- The AK47u is the best gun in the game and can be used for all purposes. If you are getting used to the game, this is your gun. Once you gain more experience and rankings, I suggest sidelining this as a back-up just in case you are getting your ass kicked online. It's best to use other guns as some guns go great with certain attachments/perks and such (i.e. equipping "Duel Mag" with the FAMAS goes quite well, considering the ammo count and burning it does.

- Camping will get you into all sorts of trouble. If you kill a couple of people in the one spot and keep staying there, they will go after you and kill you. It's best to move spots all the time and ambush them. This works best in Black Ops due to the multiple map types.​

Anything else would be common sense. So yeah, go have fun... oh, one more thing, you'll curse ALOT. You'll come up with combinations of words you never thought existed, let along you ever saying them. You will get angry with the game, but don't break stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back