"Old School" Themed Episode Of SD! To Air

Jack-Hammer

YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
The WWE has announced that the theme of the latest live SmackDown! special will be "Old School". This next live special will be Tuesday, April 10th. Thus far, advertised for the show, are legends such as Rowdy Roddy Piper, Pat Patterson, Hacksaw Jim Duggan, Mean Gene Okerlund, Tony Atlas, Jimmy Hart, Howard Finkel and Hillbilly Jim.

Back in 2010, they did an "Old School" episode of Raw that featured a return to using everything from the old commentators' jackets to the 80s & 90s style graphics featuring the old WWF logo, displaying the names of the wrestlers, announcers performing interviews with wrestlers set up on a platform away from the ringside area, appearances by some legends, etc. All in all, it was one of the most entertaining Raws of 2010 and many were hoping that they'd make it an annual thing. I hope they go down the same road with the "Old School" SmackDown!.

Really hope to see the Smackdown fist. I loved that thing. Overall I like this idea. I honestly don't remember the old school RAW being all that great however even though I'm sure it did well ratings wise.

This should be entertaining but it makes no sense to me. How will they be able to unravel all the fallout from mania if there's just gonna be old wrestlers coming back for one night...makes no sense. Needless to say i shall still be watching it.

This should be entertaining but it makes no sense to me. How will they be able to unravel all the fallout from mania if there's just gonna be old wrestlers coming back for one night...makes no sense. Needless to say i shall still be watching it.

The backlash will most likely unfold on Raw. Both brands are featured heavily on both shows anyway and there are really only 3 big programs containing Smackdown guys. Sheamus or DB will come out to talk, depending on who wins, JL or Teddy will gloat about being the GM of both shows, and the Randy Orton thing really requires no fallout unless they're going to continue that feud.

It won't be an episode entirely devoted to older guys, They'll still have a segment where DB/Sheamus is introduced as the new champion/comes out to gloat about retaining. Other than that, what will be left to cover on Smackdown?

Awesome news, Smackdown is kind of an after thought when it comes to specials like RAW which gets KOTR, Com-FREE, The Draft due to the live show so for Smackdown to get a live show with a theme is pretty cool.

I'm really hoping that The Rock sticks around long enough to be on it. After all SmackDown was "The Rock's Show."

I'm really hoping that The Rock sticks around long enough to be on it. After all SmackDown was "The Rock's Show."
I'm honestly surprised they didn't have him do a Smackdown before Mania.

I think this will be fun. The themed stuff always is. I bet they go either with just a super old school curtain look or the old ring stage thingy they had, you know the first one. I doubt they still have the fist but I could be wrong.

They need to bring back the old Smackdown theme for this episode.
Which one? The "blublublbublub" sounding one that they started with? It think it was called "everybody on the ground" although there wasn't a single recognizeable word in the song. They'd probably have to pay someone for "Beautiful People".

Maybe it's just me but I don't want to see an Old School Smackdown with people who weren't on Smackdown at its oldest. I want to see it with people who were on it during its first 2 years, not guys who were already retired or semi-retired before it ever existed.

They need the ovaltron, and if kane had his old costume and mask, they were one of the things that made him scary and most dominant, and it just suits better

Surprised nobody has mention this could be a great way to get Dean Ambrose onto the roster...if Mick Foley appears on the show.

The old school Raw was cool in a way, but i don't remember it being all that great of a show. I would love to see the fist on the old school smackdown, but not into seeing it with people that were never on Smackdown in the first place. Hoping at least the Rock will make an appearance since it was the Rock's show.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back