• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Oh Shell Yeah! Shark Boy Returns

I'm surprised that Shark Boy made an appearance. I knew he was still on the roster, but we haven't heard about him or seen him in over a year. Personally I would rather see Shark Boy doing a few comedy bits than Eric Young. I hope Shark Boy isn't a number one contender for the X division title, but the X division has been so watered down over the last few months it wouldn't surprise me. I'm fine to see Shark Boy make cameos and have a few matches every now and then. I just wonder if these new Impact zone fans even know who Shark Boy is.

I'll be honest in saying that I'm a Shark Boy mark. He was one of my favorite X-Division wrestlers even when the division was at it's highest peak in terms of talent.

He is entertaining on the mic and can put on a solid match. His Stone Cold gimmick is genius imo. He is one of the few wrestlers these days that can actually add some comedy and entertainment to good matches.

Everyone in the wrestling business and on this forum takes wrestling way too seriously. I don't see what's wrong with having a little comedy and fun to go with great wrestling. It's gotten to the point where my favorite company right now is Chikara. That is the only company that is focused on pure entertainment and is doing something fresh, not to mention they put on fantastic matches.

Also just because he made one appearance doesn't mean he is automatically getting a huge push (which is disappointing). I'm surprised with the current Hogan/Bischoff regime that they would even bring him back, considering their reality angle their going for these days.

But seriously, is adding comedy to wrestling really such an atrocity that people get pissed when there is one comedy skit a show? What happened to wrestling being fun?

I don't understand this move, and it further adds fuel to my recently developed, slowly increasing anti-TNA fire.

As if TNA's roster wasn't already too crowded for its own good, they add another wrestler to its collection. Only this time its a wrestler that has never amounted to anything more than a comedic jobber. If they planned on bring in another member to their roster, why would you not bring in someone with potential that the fans can fully believe in and support.

Alot of people always complain that one of biggest issue with the TNA product is its disire to hire discarded scraps from the WWE rather than focusing on developing the "home grown talent" that it currently has. Bringing Sharkboy back on Impact, isn't the talent we were hoping for.

The X-Division originally was a highlight of TNA. It can be argued that if it wasn't for the X-Division during TNA's start in the wrestling world, TNA would not have been as successful as it has been. Today, the X-Divison is at an all time low. The excitment and action that it once was has all disappeared overtime. By adding Sharkboy into the X-Division does not help it return to the glory days that it once was.

Curry Man got more of a reaction than Fallen Angel? I seem to remember the crowd chanting "best match ever" during one of Fallen Angel's matches when it was XXX vs. AMW in a cage match. That's what people who might ever possibly watch TNA ever cared about. They had an alternative to WWE in that it promoted amazing matches that people WOULD never see and HAVE never see in the WWE. That's why people hate on the X-Division today and that's what people miss. Total Nonstop Action used to make sense as the name of TNA. And no one cared if they could cut a promo, because they were going to buy the PPV knowing that it was going to be incredible. Watch a TNA PPV from around 2005 or so and then watch what you think is the best TNA PPV from 2010. That should point out the difference. Maybe that's why, even without being able to cut a promo, I still bought the PPVs every month back then. Because I knew it would be incredible. Today, the promos still suck and the PPVs suck just as bad as those promos.

Look, first and foremost, let me just say that I used to religiously shell out the ten bucks a week to watch the weekly ppv programs, as I was assured of seeing some kick ass angles and matches, especially the X-Cup. It was a non-stop blur of spots that saw moves you could never see in WWE, such as the Shooting Star Leg Drop. But, other than many of the international X guys that came in, just about every guy looked the same. They all pretty much employed the same style, except for a few signature moves. And that is where the problem lied. There was no way to distinguish the guys in the ring that you would see in TNA from any guy that WWE could bring in at any given moment. And TNA was tops for a moment, until WWE started bringing in well known, established names, and took some of that attention away. That's when TNA realized that they didn't need wrestlers, they needed characters. And that is what every mainstream wrestling fans recognizes and relates to, characters.

Now while I will give you the fact that Triple X put on a match of the century back when TNA was wrestlings best kept secret, the mainstream, ratings generating crowd showed that they could care less about The Fallen Angel. They showed little reaction when he brought back Triple X. They showed even less reaction when Curry Man went away and he returned. Even when he, Samoa Joe, and AJ Styles attempted to recreate their classic triple threat match, the crowd was more into the characters of Joe and AJ than they were into Daniels. And the main reason being was that Aj, Joe, and even Curry Man were relatable characters. The Fallen Angel simply was not.

And that is mainly why you see a trend in the tough ground known as ROH where they spend alot of time focusing on developing individual characters and storylines. You see it all over. The X-Division can never go back to what it was. TNA tried to revolve the X-Cup and nobody cared. They tried bringing back some of those pure wrestlers TNA had, and nobody cared. But bring back Sharkboy? I guarantee you that people will care. Why? Because he's a familiar wrestler that people can relate to.

Look, first and foremost, let me just say that I used to religiously shell out the ten bucks a week to watch the weekly ppv programs, as I was assured of seeing some kick ass angles and matches, especially the X-Cup. It was a non-stop blur of spots that saw moves you could never see in WWE, such as the Shooting Star Leg Drop. But, other than many of the international X guys that came in, just about every guy looked the same. They all pretty much employed the same style, except for a few signature moves. And that is where the problem lied. There was no way to distinguish the guys in the ring that you would see in TNA from any guy that WWE could bring in at any given moment. And TNA was tops for a moment, until WWE started bringing in well known, established names, and took some of that attention away. That's when TNA realized that they didn't need wrestlers, they needed characters. And that is what every mainstream wrestling fans recognizes and relates to, characters.

Now while I will give you the fact that Triple X put on a match of the century back when TNA was wrestlings best kept secret, the mainstream, ratings generating crowd showed that they could care less about The Fallen Angel. They showed little reaction when he brought back Triple X. They showed even less reaction when Curry Man went away and he returned. Even when he, Samoa Joe, and AJ Styles attempted to recreate their classic triple threat match, the crowd was more into the characters of Joe and AJ than they were into Daniels. And the main reason being was that Aj, Joe, and even Curry Man were relatable characters. The Fallen Angel simply was not.

And that is mainly why you see a trend in the tough ground known as ROH where they spend alot of time focusing on developing individual characters and storylines. You see it all over. The X-Division can never go back to what it was. TNA tried to revolve the X-Cup and nobody cared. They tried bringing back some of those pure wrestlers TNA had, and nobody cared. But bring back Sharkboy? I guarantee you that people will care. Why? Because he's a familiar wrestler that people can relate to.
I'm sorry man, but I just cannot agree with you. You made solid points. However, It is NOT impossible to develop a character who fans relate to for someone who struggles with talking on the mic. For instance, look at Jon Morrison in WWE. He can't talk worth a lick, but boy does the crowd love him. Why? And Bryan Danielson. I can't remember the last time he talked on the microphone. But he's the US Champion and the crowd goes nuts every time he enters the ring.

In other words, instead of giving up on Daniels, Homicide, Austin Starr (Aries), and the like, TNA should have kept them and actually did something to make them work. But they didn't do that.

That said, I'm not as opposed to Shark Boy as everyone else on this board has been. It's no where close to being the worst thing TNA has out there right now. And I at least know that Shark Boy can put on some entertaining matches now and then. It'll also give Robbie E even more heat, defeating someone the crowd supports so much. But the whole product sucks outside of the Tag team and knockout division. And I actually enjoy the fact that Robbie E is the X division champion because it's actually giving a reason to watch, something that the rest of the TNA product completely lacks. My point is, the X division used to be THE reason to watch TNA and it undoubtedly, 100% has disappeared.

A few months ago, with current TV champion Douglass Williams, the division was slowly regaining quite a bit of the presence it had before 2009. But here we are, yet again, the division has 2 wrestlers in it and just re-introduced some shitty SCSA impersonator that most people were bored with years ago.

I'm remarkably uninterested in how this plays out because Robbie has proven to be a as mediocre a wrestler as Jay Lethal is on the mic without impersonating someone and Sharkboy is just.... It's a cold cold day in wrestling hell when I'm clamoring for the return of Amazing Red.

Where's BK when you need him?

Nice thread title though, probably funnier than anything Sharkboy will say.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back