[Official] WZT Prediction Contest

For those who have not signed up yet, do not delay! Today is the last day to officially sign up! However, I do have a bit of good news! The deadline has been extended from 12:00PM (Central) to 5:00PM (Central). Good luck!

In under the deadline to defend my title... but sadly this is gonna be close. I have what seems to be the common pick: Austin over Cena.

So, the WZT is in full swing with the first set of voting closing tonight. I thought I would give you a little information for fun.

We reached a total number of 28 entries this year, which is lower than our previous year's turnout, but it is still a good amount.

Out of 28 entries, 7 unique winners were picked.

64.29% picked Stone Cold to win it all, Hulk Hogan and John Cena both garnered 10.71%, Ric Flair at 7.14%, and Sting, The Rock, and The Undertaker all occupied the bottom at 3.57% a piece.

Last year, predictors also picked Stone Cold the most to win it all. However, he fell short of glory and it was the second most predicted winner, Hulk Hogan, that won the tournament. And the year before that? The majority of predictors picked The Rock to win, which he did.

Just a heads up! You can visit the site and look at the prediction leader board to see who is in the lead. I try to update as soon as certain results are verified. However, at the end of each full round, I will post the current top 10 in this thread and do a little review of the round as a whole.

Furthermore, I have great news for all participants!

Theo, the man, the myth, the beard, has graciously offered up some additional prizes for 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th place winners.

So, now the prize pool looks like this!

1st Place - 1 Free E-Book from KB & a World Title Shot in WZPC!
2nd Place - A Mid-Card Title Shot in WZPC!
3rd Place & 4th Place - A Tag Team Title Shot in WZPC!

Round 1 Results

apa72g.png

Reaction: The Streak has ended, and so has Round 1 of the 8th Annual WZT Tournament. The wrestling historian and WZ G-Mod, The Brain, leads the pack by having correctly predicted 61 out of 64 matches in the first round. In the upcoming rounds, it'll be interesting to see how far Brock Lesnar can go in the WWE Region now that he has broken the amazing WM Streak of The Undertaker.

Round 2 Results

2yn3yhs.png

Reaction: Brain won't give up his #1 spot as we finish up Round 2. Bythedockofthebay jumped from #10 to #2, and our former #2, #3, and #6 fell completely out of the top 10. Our former champions Skillz and Papa Pillman hold a respectable #4 and #7. However, with the gimmick rounds ahead, it is likely we could see an even bigger shake up in the top.

Round 3 Results

2yyrpg8.png

Reaction: Brain continues to distance himself from the rest of the pack as he holds on to the coveted #1 ranking. Meanwhile, we saw our two former champions push their way comfortably into the top 5 with Skillz at #2 and Papa Pillman at #5. Dirk (Bear Hug) is a fun one to watch as he has gone from not even being on the top 10 at the end of round 1 to making it to #7. If John Cena gets to the finals or wins, we could see him continue to rise. We have one more gimmick round that could send everything into a spin, so fasten your seat belt.

Round 4 Results

5jsgfa.png

Reaction: Round 4 gave us a new #2 in Nate (Noticeably F.A.T.), a former champion, Papa Pillman, plunged out of the top 10, and Brock Lesnar could be doing a lot more than breaking streaks and Hulkamania; he could be destroying a whole slue of brackets. Nate is the only one in the Top 10 to put Brock in the Final 4, while Brain and Nate both put him in the Elite 8. If Brock continues his path of destruction, we could see a major shake-up in the top.

Final Results (Via setup error)

24fcrix.png

Reaction: So, if you haven't heard, I accidentally set the divisions up wrong. Everything up until the final four was correct, but the last 3 matches are not able to be scored. So, I had to call the results at the end of Round 5. However, I don't think this should soil the results at all. The final top 10 was produced by individual's percentage of correctly predicting 224 unique matches. I think that more than qualifies an abrupt winner. So, a big congratulations to Nate (Noticeably F.A.T.) on the first prize, Brain on second, and a former champion in Skillz taking third.

Here are the rewards presented to the individuals:

Noticeably F.A.T. - 1 Free E-Book from KB & a World Title Shot in WZPC!
The Brain - A Mid-Card Title Shot in WZPC!
Skillz & Eric - A Tag Team Title Shot in WZPC!

*You need to post here to let me know if you want to claim the rewards. If so, I will PM the right people to see that they are received. Cheers! I'll see you all next year where I will remember to align the divisions right.

I imagine I finished pretty low seeing as I didn't manage to achieve a placement on the table at all throughout the tourney.

Congrats to Nate, Brain, Skillz and DSE though.

I do wish to claim my prizes, by the way.

Just letting know that I have contacted both KB and Theo with the official results. Theo let me know that you would be getting your title shot at MITB.

Cheers!

Note: If 2nd, 3rd, or 4th place wants to claim their prize they need to post here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back