[Official] WZT Prediction Contest

Kermit

the Frog
[8th Annual Wrestlezone Tournament Prediction Contest]

logo.gif

It's that time again! We have successfully crowned two winners in the past and it is time to find our third!

:previous Prediction Contest Winners:
Papa Pillman
Skillz

Instructions

1.) Unfortunately, you will have to register with an email to participate in this. We had 50+ who participated the last two years, so I hope that we can reach that much, if not more, this year. If you participated last year, then your account should still work for the website. I apologize for the inconvenience of registering your email, but it will only take you a few seconds to register and then check your email for a verification link.

2.) Here is how you fill out a bracket on the site:
->Click on the link
->Click on the Championship Bracket link
->Click "Predict It!" at the top
->Click "Register Here"
->Follow the instructions
->Create a bracket

3.) Please use your forum name for your account name on the website that I can recognize who is the owner of the bracket.

4.) Entries will remain hidden until after the deadline.

5.) I will post score updates in this thread at the end of each round.

6.) Remember that this is a non-spam section/thread.

Other Information

Notes: Each predictor's score is determined by adding 1 point for each correctly predicted first round match, then doubling for each additional round, e.g. 2 points for correct 2nd round predictions, 4 points for 3rd round, and so on.

Prediction Deadline: 3/28/2014 12PM (Central Time Zone). Friday is the beginning of voting for the tournament, so the cut off will be at 12PM (Central Time) on Friday. This should be more than enough time for people to fill out a bracket. Predictions that are completed after the deadline will simply be marked as late predictions. Late predictions will not be eligible.

Good luck gentlemen.

I will try to put together some kind of unique prize for the winner.

Throwing my predictions out early. My final 16 has Hogan, Lesnar, HBK, HHH, Stone Cold, Angle, Savage, Taker, Cena, Bruno, Goldberg, Sting, Inoki, Jericho, Andre and Rocky.

I'm expecting a fair few votes to be stupid though.

EDIT: I've got Rock down to win it. He beats Martel, Hennig, Bryan (due to popularity, I see him beating Warrior), Andre in a gimmick round, Inoki, Bruno and an exhausted Hogan after Austin.

The hardest part of this, for me anyway, isn't picking who I think would win, but who I think the forum at large thinks would win.

Like I love D-Bry, but he shouldn't get past Warrior in the second round. Will the masses vote for him for his current run though?

Potential fun match in the 3rd round with Vader and Andre. Oh boy oh boy.

Here are some of my upsets.

1. Ulitmate Warrior over Daniel Bryan
2. El Santo over Sting
3. Lou Thesz over Undertaker
4. Kurt Angle over Stone Cold
5. Terry Funk over Hulk Hogan

And my winner is....

[YOUTUBE]nZ1JOHzh0Xw[/YOUTUBE]

I've got a final four of the four biggest stars in the cable TV era: Hogan, Austin, Rock, and Cena. Austin over Rock in the finals.

i'm on Hogan-Lesnar-HBK-Big Show-Austin-Angle-Savage-Undertaker-Cena-Sammartino-Bret Hart-El Santo-Inoki-Jericho-Andre-The Rock as my final 16. Relying on a lot of gimmicks to fall my way to get that though (and i disagree strongly with a lot of the choices i made).

Hogan-HBK-Austin-Undertaker-Sammartino-El Santo-Inoki-The Rock quarters

Hogan-Austin-Sammartino-Rock semis
Hogan-Sammartino finals

Hogan goes over.

Not officially entering my predictions

The hardest part of this, for me anyway, isn't picking who I think would win, but who I think the forum at large thinks would win.

I picked a lot of guys to advance to the second round that I won't actually be voting for when the tournament begins.

I had mostly modern and 80's stars in my Sweet 16. I didn't go with wrestlers I thought should win, and instead I went with the ones that the community will be more likely to vote for. I am hoping for the sake of non repetitiveness that I don't place high this year, but I will probably end up somewhere around the top 10. I did this in 2012 and I placed 7th. Went with the "how I'm actually going to vote" in 2013 and wasn't even top 30.

I had Stone Cold over Cena in the finals. Yawn.

Edit: And I'm under the name Kenneth. That's how the website must have remembered me.

I'll throw in a free e-book of the winner's choice as a prize.

Oo fun. Think last year was a title shot in the e-fed which put me off - this is something I want, so lets go :)

Changed my predictions to even more weighted @ public. HHH over Blue Demon :( Gambled on people choosing Sammartino over The Rock in the semi-finals, hope that wasn't misplaced. Either way, Hogan repeats.

Don't forget to sign up and complete a bracket before the deadline, folks! We have 20 entries so far.

I have some unconventional choices going rather far. For example, I had Kevin Nash in the Sweet 16. Which means I put him over The Undertaker. I think Nash hit bank being placed in the WCW Region. The territory really helps him booking wise.

My final four had Hogan vs. Stone Cold, and Sting vs. Vader. I see Sting going over Cena in the TNA division when comes down to it. Also, I believe Vader was a rather large deal internationally. He has the bite to go pretty far even without the division in his favor.

Color me stupid, but what the fuck am I supposed to click on to get started?

The interface isn't the most friendly. Here is a step-by-step.

1. Click this link -> http://www.bracketmaker.com/tlist.cfm?tid=452998
  2. Click this on the website: Championship Bracket
  3. Above where it says 8th Annual Wrestlezone Tournament, click on Predict It!
  4. It should take you to a log-in screen. Register an account. It should allow you to predict from there. If not, find the Predict It! button again or repeat steps 1-3 while being logged in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back