[OFFICIAL] WWE *SPOILERS* Thread

Nate DaMac

Fuck erbody but me
Because fuck WMD and his long buried thread.

Dwayne Johnson is in Philadelphia, the site of this weekend’s WWE Royal Rumble pay-per-view, and according to PWInsider.com the “Great One” has been spotted at the hotel where the WWE roster is currently staying.

While The Rock’s schedule could put him in Philly for any number of reasons, it certainly adds interest (and endless speculation) to Sunday’s Rumble match.

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/546107-the-rock-at-wwe-royal-rumble

They've been fooled before but who knows? Could set up Rock vs. Brock at Mania.

If Rock wins the Rumble and Lesnar retains, there's no way that isn't the main event at Mania.

I don't see Lesnar retaining at Rumble if he's to face the Rock simply because one of them has to win. Unless they throw in a 3rd party, but god please, not another triple threat headlining a 'Mania.

This just screams "work" to me. And for that matter, WZ are always so keen to hide behind speculation. They have massive headlines and then cover their own back with defensive comments. This is a prime example of that. It The Rock is in Philly then good for him. Unless they have it from someone that he is likely to perform then don't make a story about it.

As for the mark in me, I like the idea of The Rock appearing. I remember the Rock and Brock being the touted main event about 8-9 months ago after Brock went over Taker. But I have to agree that it shouldn't be for the title. It doesn't need to be a title match for one thing. Having the Rock help Cena out of a jam tonight would set that match up with Brock at Mania. That said, I would have thought that would be Sting's place tonight, setting up the match with Triple H. Unless that match becomes a huge cluster fuck, I see the Sting option being the most likely.

I don't see Lesnar retaining at Rumble if he's to face the Rock simply because one of them has to win. Unless they throw in a 3rd party, but god please, not another triple threat headlining a 'Mania.

Why not? Lesnar keeps the belt, faces Rock 1 on 1 for the title at WM & whoever wins falls victim to Rollins cashing in his briefcase either there or the RAW after. Solid main event match & no worries about what to do with the belt after Rock\Lesnar leave.

Regardless, Rock may be making some sort of appearance & it does not have to be as an entrant in the rumble. Hell, if he does come in, what is to say it wouldnt be for Reigns or someone to take him out, setting up another match altogether? Him showing up does not mean they are gonna give him the RR auto win. It would be great & there is a logical way to play it out as I said above, but it could go a few different ways. I say if he does show, it will just be for a big pop & random backstage skit or something. But at this point, who knows.

If this is for the title and Lesnar's rub goes solely to the Rock I'll tune out before the Mania main event. This would be the disgrace I feared since he won the strap.

Good luck selling your regular roster as credible when the part timers who are clearly several leagues above the low-level peasants find better things to do and leave.

If Lesnar vs. Rock for the strap is the main event, I'll just jerk off to reddit gone wild instead of watching.

The front page is notorious for being wrong though. Plus if Rock was supposed to be some sort of surprise, they likely would have asked him to not take selfies around Philly and post them to his Twitter.

Another problem is that for these guys, wrestling is just not the main priority (unlike Taker or HHH for example). It shows that they can dominate the guys who live for it without even putting in much effort.
After the HHH loss Brock's time has been nothing but a rocket push that put him so far above the rest of the roster that he didn't even need to defend the title and the company was okay with it. In theory this gives the biggest rub possible to your upstanding hero. If the rumor is true, it's given to a movie star and both guys vanish, leaving the pity rest the leftovers of their dominance.
And they have the audacity to expect people to stay, watch and pay for the minor-league guys.

I should spare my fury for if it actually happens, but the rumor tickles me badly.

Reigns feels like a relieving winner now.

That pop though....

Even if The Rock is in the Rumble, I doubt he wins. I can imagine him being eliminated by Bray Wyatt. Imagine how that feud would be.

I would have him in the rumble, eliminated by rusev.

Builds Rusev for his match with cena.

EDIT: Just saw this report.

Backstage Update on The Rock Possibly Appearing at Tonight's WWE Royal Rumble Pay-Per-View
By Marc Middleton
Jan 25, 2015 - 11:13:49 AM

- As noted, The Rock is in Philadelphia and was spotted at the same hotel that the WWE crew is using while they're in town for tonight's Royal Rumble pay-per-view.

Word is that The Rock will indeed be appearing at the Royal Rumble but there's no confirmation on what he may be doing.

It was noted that Rock will not be facing Rusev at WrestleMania 31. There was some speculation that Rock could be in town to do another angle with Rusev but apparently that's not the case. WrestleMania 31 matches with John Cena and Brock Lesnar have also rumored for Rock in the past year so it will be interesting to see how he's used, if he's used at all

It was reported Rocky was spotted in Philly at the same hotel WWE is at. According to Wrestling Inc, The Rock will indeed return tonight despite not being confirmed. I see him either in the RR match, in a segment with Reigns or both. If he is staying for Mania season whoever loses the RR match out of Bryan and Reigns would make the most sense. Think about it...

Reigns/ Bryan vs Lesnar for the strap

Sting vs Triple H

The Rock vs Bryan/Reigns

Wyatt vs Taker

Cena vs Rusev

Rollins vs Orton

ATGMBR v2.0

Among others...what a card

How brilliant would it be to see Rock vs. Cena III? I would live on the internet, just jerking of to the brilliant reactions of all of you good people.

If Lesnar vs. Rock for the strap is the main event, I'll just jerk off to reddit gone wild instead of watching.

The front page is notorious for being wrong though. Plus if Rock was supposed to be some sort of surprise, they likely would have asked him to not take selfies around Philly and post them to his Twitter.

He posted a selfie backstage half an hour or so before he was revealed as the host of Mania a few years back. It's not like he hasn't done this before.

If true, that would be brilliant given how his last appearance went. I hope that some huge angles are planned for Mania season, and hopefully, the Rock will be a part of it all.

I moved this thread from the WWE PPV section into the Bar Room. While it is not a confirmed fact and is simply a rumor, in my mind this is dangerously close to being a spoiler. Personally I would prefer to be surprised by a Rock appearance than read it on here this afternoon. Please, guys, be very aware of NOT posting spoilers, or anything close to them. Thanks.

Rock has posted photos of himself and tweeted that he's backstage like three other times before he's gone on live before. Doesn't matter if people know it's coming he's one of those guys that will always blow the roof off the place.

Rock vs Brock was suppose to potentially main event WM 30 before Rock needed surgery so it wouldn't surprise me if that was their plan. I honestly feel there's not a bad option to win the Rumble unless they lose their mind and have Orton win.

Orton winning the Rumble is an awesome option... Orton beats Lesnar and bam, he becomes the face of the WWE !! Only to have Seth Rollins cash in on him, and the feud that started it all, will continue in the summer and the matches will be great and Orton will win in the end and people will pay a lot of money! I am just kidding. Orton winning would be cool though. He's young and he needs a Mania moment.

How brilliant would it be to see Rock vs. Cena III? I would live on the internet, just jerking of to the brilliant reactions of all of you good people.

I know I'm in the minority, but if this wasn't the main event and placed lower down the card, I'd dig it as the rubber match - their final encounter, who's the man?

It could all just be a ruse set to misdirect us all. Their real plan is for Taker to make a surprise final 4 return, win & take out Brock for the title at his final WM appearance.

Hey, it could happen. Unlikely, but possible. A man can dream right? I still hold out hope every year for Shane to return, so.. Maybe I should get Cancer and have WWE grant my wishes.

Smackdown gonna have some Tag Team Turmoil... I'm still wondering the direction of this Roman-Bryan storyline...

Thus far, it seems they are hell bent on 'keeping down' Roman Reigns and making him look like an idiot as much as they can before Fast Lane based on what I read in the spoilers for this week's SmackDown!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back