Official Wingman Rules

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
OK, guys. Obviously with the competition still very much in its infancy, some problems are going to arise and when that is the case, these rules will be put in place to ensure that the competition runs as smoothly as possible during that phase.

Teams:

So, as of right now, we have 6 teams who compete against each other on a rotational basis. Applications are always open and hopefully, if we can get a subforum, an application thread will be set up to make sure that they are handled correctly. However, as of right now, you must use the Graphics Wingman General Discussion thread to submit any application. Feel free to submit an application for yourself or as part of a team you have created. As the team list expands, allocations will be made to ensure that all teams play the same amount of matches.

Scheduling:

As of right now, the schedule is as follows:

1st of the month – 12th of the month: Matches are posted and users can submit their graphics.
12th of the month – 16th of the month: Voting opens on all threads and users can vote about who wins the respective matches.
16th of the month: League table is updated as the results of each match are decided.
16th of the month – 27th of the month: New matches are posted
27th of the month – 30/31st of the month: Voting opens again.
30/31st of the month: New league table is updated.

And the cycle continues in this manner.

Rules:

The rules of the Graphics forum can be found here and must be followed at all times. Whether that is in the discussion thread in the requests forum or the actual match threads in the Graphics forum. Spam rules are especially critical and any graphic posted must be attached to a paragraph explaining how the graphic was created or what inspired you. Also, please keep flaming to a minimum. Hopefully, this can be just some friendly competition and there is literally no need for harsh words to be included.

Scoring:

As the voting of the match finishes, I will be creating a table that will show who is the best for that round. All scores will be carried over into the next round and will continue to be.

A win is worth 3 points.
A draw is worth 1 point
A loss is worth 0 points.

1 extra point will be given to any team that manages to post 2 graphics, one from each member.
1 point will be deducted from the team if a member is not able to post a graphic in the time schedule. If both members do not post, 2 points will be deducted.

That mean that a team who posts 2 graphics and wins will have 5 points where as a team who loses but still posts two graphics will receive 2 points. So posting is definitely worth something. Also, in the event of a tie in a round, votes against and votes for will be counted. The team with the better ratio will be above the team with the poorer ratio.

For example:

Team A wins with 8 votes for and 0 against
Team B wins with 5 votes for and 3 against

Team A would top the table with a difference of +8 and Team B would have a difference of +2

Please try and vote on each poll, if possible because votes definitely do matter.

Problems:

“I am not able to post my graphic”

If this is the case, please contact me personally with the reason and I am sure that I will cut you some slack. In some cases, your wingman will be allowed to post two graphics to cover that absence but it must be cleared with me.

Any other problems, please PM ME!

Dave.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo