• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

GW Round 3 - GIMPressionists vs. Furious Groove

Winner?

• GIMPressionists

• Furious Groove

Results are only viewable after voting.

Dr. Stinger A. Zoidberg

Stay in school and don't litter.
gwingmanbanner.png

Graphics Wingman - Round Three

[YOUTUBE]VdWeGK4vLSE[/YOUTUBE]

Yes indeed, ladies and gentlemen. Graphics Wingman round 3 is upon us and in this particular match, we have the different words colliding as the GIMPressionists take on Furious Groove in a battle for graphics supremacy.

Introducing first, a team that is looking to make a lasting GIMPression The GIMPressionists!

[YOUTUBE]tvUGAq7P7m4&feature=player_embedded[/YOUTUBE]

Introducing next, a team that is looking to get into their groove Furious Groove!

[YOUTUBE]OIh3nO6-V_A[/YOUTUBE]

The scheduled category for this match is "MMA." Teams have until August 21st to post their graphic. At which point, two graphics, one from each member must be put forward to the public vote and a winner will be decided.

Please remember that this forum is non-spam, so if you want to discuss any graphic that is posted, please ensure that you follow the spam guidelines and rules for this forum. Alternatively, post your thoughts in the Graphics Wingman Discussion Thread in the Requests sub-forum.

So, with that said, let's get it on!​

I recieved a PM from my Wingman partner saying that he will be unable to attend this match-up. Therefore, Dave said I can post two graphics instead of one. Here is the first:

1zylaq.png

What I did here was I started by getting a black background. On that background, I used various blood brushes to make the red spots, and then put a render of a grid I found on top of all of that. In a new layer, I put a render of Forrest Griffin, and I blurred it. In a new layer, I put another render of Griffin on the blurred one, except this render was a few pixels smaller. Thats what gives it the blur around the render. I then burnt the whole sig, and added text that I thought fit quite well on this sig. I added a border and I was finished.

EDIT: Fuel will be my partner for this round as AlladinSane is unable to be here.

I'm stepping in to help out the stinger this week so this is what I came up with.
chuck.png

I went with Chuck with a ice background and I added some texture in the background to jazz it up a little bit and then I found a blue chuck and faded him in the background with the ice and then put a real chuck in front of him. I looked for some ice fronts and found that for the ice man and I figured that would be perfect.

bcufc.jpg

So what I did here was posted a fire image and made an overlay out of it after using various filters on it. I placed Chuck in there and then tweaked the coloring and lighting. The font is simple, but looked effective. I made a comic red border to finish.

Pretty simple signature, however simpler is sometimes better.

ixa2b9.jpg

So yeah!

I honestly could not be bothered making a signature for this round but all of a sudden some inspiration hit me and this is the end product of that inspiration. After having my current sig made for me, I was very impressed by the way Wiigotaproblem makes his signatures. It is very brush heavy and there is only one actual image that I can see. I decided that I would give it a try and by combining it with some of my own practises, I could have a competitive entry.

I messed around with it for a while before settling on the background and brushes I was going to use. Needless to say, I like the way it came out. It is the first time I have created a sig like that I think I will explore it a little more with future sigs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back