Results are only viewable after voting.

Dave

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
gwingmanbanner.png

Graphics Wingman - Round Two

[YOUTUBE]VdWeGK4vLSE[/YOUTUBE]

Yes indeed, ladies and gentlemen. Graphics Wingman round 2 is upon us and in this particular match, we have the different words colliding as DigitalGeneration take on Furious Groove in a battle for graphics supremacy.

Introducing first, a team that is looking to get into their groove Furious Groove!

[YOUTUBE]OIh3nO6-V_A[/YOUTUBE]

And their opponents, a team that believe it to be THEIR time...DigitalGeneration!

[YOUTUBE]BdPSTRKewaA&feature=player_embedded[/YOUTUBE]

The selected category for this match-up was Movies. Teams have until the 27th post graphics in this thread. On the 27th of July, two graphics, one from each member must be put forward to the public vote and a winner will be decided.

Please remember that this forum is non-spam, so if you want to discuss any graphic that is posted, please ensure that you follow the spam guidelines and rules for this forum. Alternatively, post your thoughts in the Graphics Wingman Discussion Thread in the Requests sub-forum.

So, with that said, let's get it on!​

Here's my entry:

So first I opened a blank document, made a new layer, and randomly brushed. I set an overlay to the brushes. I applied the image, duplicated it, and made a new layer to make a light source. Here I applied the image and used the blur, sharpen, and brighten tools. I made a gradient map on top of that, and tweaked some things.

Pretty proud of the outcome.

veap9l.jpg

This signature is 400x200. My sig is based on my favorite movie of all time and my favorite actor. So I started of with a 3d render in the back then I smudge the edges to make it stand out. I also added a picture of the Watts towers because the Watts towers were a major part of the movie. Then I added chev's render and I duplicated the render three times and spread them around to make it look like he was getting shock. Next I added a colorfull fractar to make Chev stand out more. I added the text and I added a 3 pixel border top and bottom. So there it is.

2j61yxg.png

To do this, I first found the render that I wanted to work from and then pasted it into my canvas. I then smudged it and added some motion blurs on different opacities to add some much needed flow to the graphic. I then added in some fractals and a few C4D's around the action parts of the signature. Then, I worked on getting some lights and darks into the signature by using spotlights and adjustment layers. I then added my text and a border to complete this bad boy.

Reactions: TLC

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back