• BLT

• The Apple Spitters And Gringo Killers

Results are only viewable after voting.

Dr. Stinger A. Zoidberg

Stay in school and don't litter.
gwingmanbanner.png

Graphics Wingman - Round Three

[YOUTUBE]VdWeGK4vLSE[/YOUTUBE]

Yes indeed, ladies and gentlemen. Graphics Wingman round 2 is upon us and in this particular match, we have the different words colliding as BLT takes on The Apple Spitters and Gringo Killers for graphics supremacy.

Introducing first, a team that is looking to make more noise than vuvuzela's... THE APPLE SPITTERS AND GRINGO KILLERS!

[YOUTUBE]FfUVRX6URnE&feature=player_embedded[/YOUTUBE]

And their opponents, a team that has a side of awesome...BLT!

[YOUTUBE]l5VbaiQFdAU[/YOUTUBE]

The scheduled category for this match was "WWE vs. TNA." Teams have until August 21st to post their graphic. At which point, two graphics, one from each member must be put forward to the public vote and a winner will be decided.

Please remember that this forum is non-spam, so if you want to discuss any graphic that is posted, please ensure that you follow the spam guidelines and rules for this forum. Alternatively, post your thoughts in the Graphics Wingman Discussion Thread in the Requests sub-forum.

So, with that said, let's get it on!​

2wevtjo.png

What I did was started out with a Cena render to represent the WWE and a Kurt Angle render to represent TNA. Reason I chose Cena was because he is the current face of the product and made the most sense. Reason I went with Kurt was because he knows Cena and the WWE and I think he would serve the best chance for TNA to come up with a victory in the battle. Then I found renders of the new WWE logo and the TNA logo and placed them in the background and made them invisible. Then I worked on the main background and used a black wire type brush and went around the whole background. Then I made a new image and used a red splatter brush. I then put the logo images back that we could see them and made them a clipping mask. I then did some erasing of both the logos and the splatter brush to get a better blend. I set this layer at pin light also for a better blend. Then I made a new layer and put some fading grunge brushes in red and black and then set the layer to soft light at 58 opacity. I then placed a light red outer glow amongst Cena and Angle to make them seem more important and spread it out a bit. To top it off I but a blur on the two main images of Cena and Angle and then set a dark red color overlay set at hue and at a 65 opacity. The font I used was Capture It and used "Only one can prevail", as only one can win and be the top brand. I put a gradient of red and black with a 1px white trim. I then moved the opacity of the text to 72 so it wasn't too bold. To finish the sig I put a 1px black border and decided to call it a day.

9fo2uh.jpg

I started with a rather large canvas so I can fit the two side, then split it with a black line down the middle. For each side, I did some abstract brushing then made it orange for Cena's side and blue for AJ's side. I also smudged out the render a bit on each side and set it to linear dodge. Next, I put pictures of the RAW set and the iMPACT Zone in the backgrounds of their respective sides. I added a black and white gradient overlay on each side, but then did a black/blue one on the TNA side and a black/orange one on the WWE side. To finish, I put their respective logos, a little "vs" text in the middle, and a border.

otkaqq.jpg

Since I'm a devout TNA fan, I decided to do a graphic in a way that made it seem like a choice. Be a TNA fan? Or a WWE Universe guy? Since TPP used AJ Styles and John Cena for his, I went with the other two top guys. Who happen to be among my favorite performers. Kurt Angle and Randy Orton. In their respective background is an image of their programs. iMPACT! (2010 with elevated ramp set) and RAW (HD set) respectively. For the foreground, I placed a fork on the road. Where you make your choice. Go the TNA way, or WWE way. And on the top part the representatives hold their company World Championship. I used my old 3d border trick and gave the image a shadow so it seems like its elevated.

wwevstna1.png

Well after seeing who everyone else chose I decided to choose Orton and Styles as my main guys. I started off with a canvas of 450 x 250. I added in some difference clouds then brushed in black and white. I then added in a tear brush in the middle to give a seperated feel. I then made a new layer and brushed using a blue and red and set them to overlay to get the colour of each company. I then added in the WWE logo and the TNA logo and resized them. I lowered the opacity of each to 74%. I used a scan line effect over everything and lowered the opacity to 8%. I then added in my renders of AJ and Orton and resized them both. I then copied them, set them to overlay and merged them. I then added a orange to violet gradient, set it to overlay and lowered the opacity to 30%. To finish off I added a 4px black border.

I didn't add any text as I thought it didn't need it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back