Results are only viewable after voting.

Dave

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
gwingmanbanner.png

Graphics Wingman - Round Two

[YOUTUBE]VdWeGK4vLSE[/YOUTUBE]

Yes indeed, ladies and gentlemen. Graphics Wingman round 2 is upon us and in this particular match, we have the different words colliding as the The Apple Spitters and Gringo Killers take on Charlie MacDonald And His 49 Cheerleaders in a battle for graphics supremacy.

Introducing first, a team that is looking to make more noise than vuvuzela's... THE APPLE SPITTERS AND GRINGO KILLERS!

[YOUTUBE]FfUVRX6URnE&feature=player_embedded[/YOUTUBE]

And their opponents, a team that is looking to "Touch you down"...CHARLIE MACDONALD AND HIS 49 CHEERLEADERS!

[YOUTUBE]mqgAj65Aw1Y&feature=player_embedded[/YOUTUBE]

The selected category for this match-up was Video Games. Teams have until the 27th post graphics in this thread. On the 27th of July, two graphics, one from each member must be put forward to the public vote and a winner will be decided.

Please remember that this forum is non-spam, so if you want to discuss any graphic that is posted, please ensure that you follow the spam guidelines and rules for this forum. Alternatively, post your thoughts in the Graphics Wingman Discussion Thread in the Requests sub-forum.

So, with that said, let's get it on!​

This is Doc's submission to the competition. Due to spam rules, I will ask him to edit my post and say how he went about creating this graphic. I am merely posting this graphic because Doc is out of town right now and would miss the phase if I didn't.

lightning.png

The Doctor said:
Lightning from Final Fantasy 13. This is a very basic sig, because I could barely think of a good idea. I mostly did smudging with some sampling of colors from the image. I adjusted light and shadow and I believe I set a render to Overlay or something similar. I then found a quote from her and lowered the opacity on the text. A vanilla sig but it works.

Cloud-1.png

I started off with some shining Abstract brushes, colored a deep Turquoise. I then placed my render of Cloud in the sig. I then put an outer glow of blue and set it to Color Dodge and boosted the radius. I then duplicated the layer, colored the top half where the electricity is coming from his arm white, then the rest black, to give an effects that Cloud was walking under a shadow of some sort. I then placed a C4D render and set the blending mode to Screen. Then, I put the quote, "A hero need not speak, for when he is gone, the world will speak for him" in, as I think that suits cloud, put a 1 pixel stroke on the text, and added my border.

Reactions: TLC
2m493xz.jpg

I found a render of this guy from GTA and I resized it and placed it in the render. I used the rectangle select tool and selected a one pixel wide region from top to bottom of the render. I copied and pasted it onto another layer and stretched it out to cover the whole background. Then I duplicated the layer and set the duplicate to dodge to give it some good color. I put a picture of a skyline in the background and added some sparkles/spots also. Finally, I added the text, which fit perfectly in the black strip in the middle, and then I added a drop shadow to the render and a border.

2ez7csz.jpg

I love how this one came out. Great, right? I picked the render out of a Google search. Then I duplicated it 3 times. The first, I smudged, the second I lowered it's opacity and layer masked it to the smudged one and the third I gave a hard light and also layer masked it. For the background I used a radiant brush. It leaves a sort of brick wall look on it and then added the black lines in front. The text feature's Gouki's symbol behind it. Which means "Sky or Heaven".

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back