[OFFICIAL] Undertaker HQ. All other HQ's will Rest...In...Peace

Suneeboy

Big Boot, Leg Drop, 1....2....3
Vote Undertaker in the WZ Tournament.

Championships and accomplishments

* Pro Wrestling Illustrated
o PWI Feud of the Year (1991)[105] vs. The Ultimate Warrior
o PWI Match of the Year (1998)[106] vs. Mankind in a Hell in a Cell match at King of the Ring
o PWI Match of the Year (2009)[107]vs. Shawn Michaels at Wrestlemania XXV
o PWI ranked him #2 of the 500 best singles wrestlers in the PWI 500 in 2002[108]

* United States Wrestling Association
o USWA Unified World Heavyweight Championship (1 time)[1]

* World Class Wrestling Association
o WCWA Texas Heavyweight Championship (1 time)[6]

* World Wrestling Federation / World Wrestling Entertainment
o WCW Tag Team Championship (1 time) – with Kane1[109]
o World Heavyweight Championship (3 times)[110]
o WWF/E Championship (4 times)2[111]
o WWF Hardcore Championship (1 time)[112]
o WWF Tag Team Championship (6 times) – with Steve Austin (1), The Big Show (2), The Rock (1) and Kane (2)[113]
o Royal Rumble (2007)
o Slammy Award for WWF's Greatest Hit (1996) Sucking Diesel into the abyss
o Slammy Award for Best Tattoo (1997)
o Slammy Award for Best Entrance Music (1997)
o Slammy Award for Star of the Highest Magnitude (1997)
o Slammy Award for Match of the Year (2009) vs. Shawn Michaels at WrestleMania XXV

* Wrestling Observer Newsletter awards
o Best Gimmick (1990–1994)
o Best Heel (1991)
o Feud of the Year (2007) vs. Batista
o Match of the Year (2009) vs. Shawn Michaels at WrestleMania XXV
o Wrestling Observer Newsletter Hall of Fame (Class of 2004)

* The Mirror ranked The Undertaker's Wrestlemania undefeated streak as the 7th greatest winning streak in sports, and it was the only ranked streak from professional wrestling.[114]

And of course I can't forget to mention....

WrestleMania record

WrestleMania Year Wrestler Notes
VII 1991 Jimmy Snuka [12]
VIII 1992 Jake Roberts [12]
IX 1993 Giant González Won via disqualification[12]
XI 1995 King Kong Bundy [15]
XII 1996 Diesel [12]
13 1997 Sycho Sid For the WWF Championship in a No Disqualification match[18]
XIV 1998 Kane [19]
XV 1999 The Big Boss Man Hell in a Cell match[115]
X-Seven 2001 Triple H [12]
X8 2002 Ric Flair No Disqualification match[12]
XIX 2003 The Big Show and A-Train Handicap match[12]
XX 2004 Kane [41]
21 2005 Randy Orton [44]
22 2006 Mark Henry Casket match[12]
23 2007 Batista For the World Heavyweight Championship[116]
XXIV 2008 Edge For the World Heavyweight Championship[65]
XXV 2009 Shawn Michaels [12]
XXVI 2010 Shawn Michaels No countout, no disqualification, "Streak vs. Career" match[85]

Two decades of destruction and domination, and still going. Had the honor of ending HBK's career, and it is a privilege these days to just work a match with the guy. Do the right thing. Vote Undertaker this year to go all the way.

Doc can I come see you again soon :lmao:?

His track record at WrestleMania speaks for itself. The 18-0 winning streak takes care of the kayfabe aspect. The fact that he's had some of the best Mania matches in history, particularly the pair with Michaels only adds to that.

Oh, and he also has an entire career besides what he's done on the grandest stage. Yeeeeeeah.

It's WWE's biggest stage. Being 18-0 at WrestleMania is what sports analysts would call being a "clutch performer." And really, just look at the list of guys he's beaten. Both members of DX, the legendary Ric Flair, a dominant animal in Batista. Hell, he beat Edge when Edge had the GM at his whim. Oh, and when he got buried alive, he came back from the dead and kicked Kane's ass. If that's not straight up domination... :cool:

It's WWE's biggest stage. Being 18-0 at WrestleMania is what sports analysts would call being a "clutch performer." And really, just look at the list of guys he's beaten. Both members of DX, the legendary Ric Flair, a dominant animal in Batista. Hell, he beat Edge when Edge had the GM at his whim. Oh, and when he got buried alive, he came back from the dead and kicked Kane's ass. If that's not straight up domination... :cool:

Undertaker should have killed Flair yet Flair took him to the limit.

Batista was terrible in the months before WM 23. You wonder why they kept putting him in tag matches in PPV's.

It's ironic that Undertaker sucks at a match that is made for him and who hasn't beat Kane?

Giant Gonzalez will bed to differ about the streak.

What about Triple H? Yeah, the guy who had beaten every big dog in the yard... Except for one. And he couldn't get it done when it counted.

Oh, and there's the guy we like to call "Mr. WrestleMania," losing at consecutive Manias and having his career end. Why?

Because Undertaker was just too good for him.

Oh, and Batista being terrible? I guess that explains why he was the World Heavyweight Champion, right?

What about Triple H? Yeah, the guy who had beaten every big dog in the yard... Except for one. And he couldn't get it done when it counted.

Oh, and there's the guy we like to call "Mr. WrestleMania," losing at consecutive Manias and having his career end. Why?

Oh, and Batista being terrible? I guess that explains why he was the World Heavyweight Champion, right?

hhh has beaten the undertaker before

shawn michaels lost more than he won at wrestlemania so thats not a good argument.

and yes batista was world heavyweight champion, but do you know who else was? the great khali. are you gonna tell me hes a good wrestler?

To be quite honest, I'm a little more than sick of all this.. "Undertaker's 18-0 at Wrestlemania, he's teh greatezt" talk. The guy has had maybe, and a stress the word "maybe", a handful of true challengers at Wrestlemania.

Giant Gonzalez: (Wrestlemania IX) I don't even consider this a challenging opponent for the Undertaker. I simply put him in because claiming out of 18 matches - only 5 others were tough, would make him look even more pathetic than I intended to make his streak look in the first place.

Undertaker, simply put, did NOT defeat the Giant Gonzalez at Wrestlemania. At least not by means of actually winning via pinfall/submission. Gonzalez controlled this "match", and had Taker (by rights) defeated. This was set-up more to make Taker pay, by way of chloroform. Taker's only saving grace was his 'true' victory at Summerslam. (but its not Mania, now is it.)

Kane: (Wrestlemania XIV) This was my first true fear for Taker's streak. Kane had flatout 'owned' the Undertaker leading up to this event. Even during their encounter, Kane continuously kicked out of Tombstone's.. making me believe Taker would lose. Even though that, obviously, never happened.

Triple H: (Wrestlemania X-7) Triple H, in my opinion, has come closer than anyone in defeating the Undertaker. And on that note, if Taker lost while under the "American Badass" gimmick, would it have even counted as beating the "true" Undertaker? Who knows. Bottomline, this was his toughest opponent - and I firmly believe Taker NEVER wants to face Triple H at Wrestlemania, again.

Randy Orton: (Wrestlemania 21) Wasn't so much a "tough" opponent, much more than a deadly challenger. Orton was out to prove he was a Legend Killer, and had every right to get that nod. In my opinion, if ANYONE were to defeat Taker.. it should've been Orton, and it should've been here.

Shawn Michaels: (Wrestlemania 25-26) Again, not sure how "tough" the opponent was comparable to how challenging the 'build-up' would be. HBK hasn't ever truly defeated the Undertaker in a straight up one-on-one match, without help of some kind.. so for anyone to think he was going to when Taker is "at his best" was hoping against hope.

Now, not taking anything away from HBK, I honestly thought he had a great chance of winning. (again, hoping against hope) However, simply put.. sometimes things get blown so far out of proportion - that the legacy and hype overcome the actual situation.

In other words.. the Undertaker's best known for this streak, but when its broken down and truly looked at.. its nothing more than average at best.

hhh has beaten the undertaker before
And how does that take away from his Mania win, exactly?
shawn michaels lost more than he won at wrestlemania so thats not a good argument.
Leading into Mania, Michaels was arguably most obsessed than he'd ever been. He wanted to be that guy who ended the streak, more than he'd wanted anything else in years. And while his record at Mania isn't the best, he's known for taking guys to the limit there, and anybody who's beaten him has to be someone who's even more clutch than he is. Undertaker is.
and yes batista was world heavyweight champion, but do you know who else was? the great khali. are you gonna tell me hes a good wrestler?
So you're trying to discredit the value of perhaps the most prestigious championship of all time? Tsktsk.

HHH beat Taker in 2002 and look what it got him. The World Heavyweight Championship. Where did it get Undertaker? Being made as Lesnar's bitch during HIAC.

You call him Mr. Wrestlemania. I don't. Besides with the exception of WM 13, he loses most of the big matches he's in. Diesel, Benoit, Angle, Cena anyone.

You can still be terrible and be champion. CM Punk is proof of that. He was in two tag team matches on PPV while champion. That should tell you something. At least Batista brought Undertaker out of the rut he's in almost every year. Thank you Batista.

Big wins on the biggest stage = votes.

Especially when we get to the later rounds. 'Taker wins the big important matches. Point. Blank. Period.

Fake matches on an internet forum where the winner is determined by a poll in which anyone can vote without explanation, rhyme, or reason are equally as big and important as Wrestlemania matches, if not bigger.

And how does that take away from his Mania win, exactly?

it doesnt take away from the mania wi but u made it sound like hhh has never beat taker when he has. i was just stating facts. and this tournament doesnt take place at wrestlemania so more than the streak matters.

Leading into Mania, Michaels was arguably most obsessed than he'd ever been. He wanted to be that guy who ended the streak, more than he'd wanted anything else in years. And while his record at Mania isn't the best, he's known for taking guys to the limit there, and anybody who's beaten him has to be someone who's even more clutch than he is. Undertaker is..

beating hbk is a very credible win. what i ment was hbk is mr wrestlemania because he consistantley puts on great matches at mania, its not because he wins those matches. tatanka beat hbk at mania and i dont see you pushing him.

So you're trying to discredit the value of perhaps the most prestigious championship of all time? Tsktsk.

no but im not blinded by its value. just having a title doesnt make you a great wrestler, it can help but it isnt everything.

HHH beat Taker in 2002 and look what it got him. The World Heavyweight Championship. Where did it get Undertaker? Being made as Lesnar's bitch during HIAC.
I also remember Taker beating HHH at King of the Ring 02, with the Undisputed Title on the line.

Selective memories, have we?
You call him Mr. Wrestlemania. I don't. Besides with the exception of WM 13, he loses most of the big matches he's in. Diesel, Benoit, Angle, Cena anyone.
And yet, he manages to take his opponent to the limit in just about every Mania match he's in.
You can still be terrible and be champion. CM Punk is proof of that. He was in two tag team matches on PPV while champion. That should tell you something. At least Batista brought Undertaker out of the rut he's in almost every year. Thank you Batista.
CM Punk won two of his three world titles by cashing in Money in the Bank on a defenseless opponent. Batista beat King Booker for his, and then defended it against tough opponents like Kennedy en route to Mania.

If i remember correctly than maybe wm 17 was in 2001 ...well he talked about the wm streak...so dont stress on other things than that...

well i never saw him wrestle at wm 13..if u did please youtube the video...

well actually they were teamed against the WWE Champion and his opponent at wm23 at that time so both the championship werent on line at tha ppvs...

So at last i would like to say that all three of your comments show nothing but your unawareness of the facts...

two decades of decent but not quite great wrestling that's meant he's never been the main guy - VOTE FOR UNDERTAKER ;)

Goldberg vs. Taker. Let's see Goldberg lasted what five years Taker over twenty years. Goldberg one dimensional Taker quite honestly probably Mark Callaway made The Undertaker the most succesful complete gimmic of all time.

yeah apart from hogan or austin or rock or mankind or sting or goldberg or anyone else that's ever drawn. sick of the undertaker.

Hogan and Mankind both lost to Taker repeatedly Stinga and Taker have never faced off. Austin I will give the point screw The Rock bever will take The People's Elbow seriously. Goldberg vs. Taker twenty bucks Taker wins.

I doubt it, they lost to the guy but the WWE never had the faith to build the company around him. After Rock and Austin left they started building up guys like Lesnar, Cena, Orton and Batista, and let guys like HHH, HBK, a load of WCW guys, Benoit, Guerrero and Angle carry the main event whilst The Undertaker was still in his Austin-lite gimmick phase.

Batista had to wait until 2005 to grow a persanality. John had to wait until 2007 to be the man Randy isn't the man but is right after Cena when he's not around 2008. Taker was having been giving the titles to give prestige to them in times with constant title changes Punk vs. Jeff reminder. The Rock won I think 9 in his whole career and these title reigns were shot as hell most of the time or unmemorable.

Only difference is people actually went crazy for The Rock and he helped make wrestling insanely popular again. People with ridiculous gimmicks like The Undertaker are part of the reason people are embarrassed to say they like wrestling.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back