[OFFICIAL] Photography Thread

Snagged some fireworks photos from the parentals house, the view used to be so much better, but this year the fireworks where much lower in the sky, and the view was pretty shite; but I managed to snag a couple funky abstract photo's through the trees.

100_2622.jpg
As you can see, the tree's totally ganked my view of the fireworks, but as it turned out the pictures are probably cooler and definitely more original than the bucket loads of normal looking fireworks shots that everyone else snags on the 4th.

100_2601.jpg
I love the colors in this one, I caught it during it's initial burst, the tree branch kinda looks like an angry dragon storming across the center.

100_2609.jpg
I call this one, Aurora Borealis. I love how the colors blended together on this shot, the bright red infiltrating the light greens, so easy on the eyes.

I took a helluva lot more photo's than this, but these are just a couple of my favs. Overall nothing too special about this bunch, just some spiffy colors getting cock blocked by some giant ass trees.

I have some photographs of flowers. Yes, flowers. When people talk about the "beauty of nature", I think of flowers. Their vivid colours and different shapes can make make for some very nice photographs.

These are from the Botanical Gardens in Sheffield, where I live. Anytime I meet up with friends, this is where we go. All I've done with the photos is alter the lighting effects and add some adjustment layers on Photoshop.

the_twin_flowers_by_rollingthunderdesign-d48mx26.png
This is the exception, actually. This was taken at the bottom of my garden. I call it the Twin Flowers. Hilarious, I know.

the_light_of_the_dark_by_rollingthunderdesign-d48mwc1.png
I like the way this one really emphasises the flower. The background is quite dark and it feels like a burst of light.

a_flower_by_rollingthunderdesign-d48gkmv.png

isolated_purple_by_rollingthunderdesign-d48mxlq.png
I think the purple and green work quite nicely here.

another_flower_by_rollingthunderdesign-d48h8j4.png
This is probably my favourite image. I like the way that the continuous colour is pink, but the flower still manages to stand out.

64i0rn.jpg

I was walking and looked to my right. Nothing really to tell here. :shrug:

2w2qydc.jpg

I went to the river and thought the barge would look good in a picture. Came out cooler then I thought it would.

rk0g3a.jpg

The wetlands at Henricus Historical Park. Its such a beautiful place.

25umihy.jpg

I went to the creek down the street and was sitting on the rocks. These are the train tracks that run over the creek.

This is my new friend Mr. Acorn.

2hrhblw.jpg

This is my gorgeous 1993 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham
9vawrp.jpg

Dew on the grass.
8z09s8.jpg

Hood emblem of the Caddy.

2lawjnp.jpg

So, recently I was on the train from Glasgow to Prestwick and thought I'd nab some photos of bonny ol' Scotland.

img0905sv.jpg

This one is a photo of the sky, basically. It's rare to get sun in Scotland so, I thought I'd take a picture of it. I like it. I didn't intend for the telephone lines to be in the photo but, for some reason they work.

img0884gz.jpg

The fields, the sky, the clouds, it works.

img0880ij.jpg

EDIT: sorry for them all being huge!

This is perhaps my favourite photo of the shoot. I like how this picture tells a story. The deep green field contrasting with the yellowy one is weird. I'm very proud of this photo.

img0855be.jpg
img0854tn.jpg
img0853s.jpg
img0848vk.jpg
img0838fs.jpg

All these photos were taken at one of my favourite places in the World, Loch Lomond. They're all very similar and in these photos I tried a different technique to make them look darker and more menacing, at times. I'm not quite sure whether I pulled it off or not, though.

img0804xd.jpg

This photo is of the river Clyde passing beneath Kelvin Bridge in the city centre of Glasgow. Again, no the best photo ever but, I like it.

264040l.jpg

I attended the TLC PPV in December. This was a Panoramic shot I took of the arena. 1st Mariner Arena in Baltimore, Maryland.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back