Offense or Defense

CH David

A Jock That Loves Pepsi
Another simple thread. Which do you prefer in sports and why? Maybe you have different preferences for different sports? But please, explain why.

For each sport, I am a defensive minded person. I live by the saying "the best offense is a good defense". To me, there is nothing better than a 1-0 or 2-1 victory in hockey or baseball, or when the defense creates turnovers in football and basketball. Offense can score you as many points as you need, but defense is what closes the games out.

One of the best hockey games I saw last year was Game 6 of the Western Conference Finals, with Detroit winning 1-0 in overtime. Both goalies had to stand on their heads and play amazing in between the pipes. The suspense of keeping the game low, and where one goal or one run can cost or win you the game, there isn't a lot like it.

Or in football, scoring points off of turnovers or takeaways. A pick six always gets the home crowd going. Putting your team in position to score, or win if it is late in the game. And in basketball, the turnovers turned into fastbreak points, transitional play.

What is/are your preferences?

NHL- More offense than defense. Having Minnesota in the same division as my team, and watching New Jersey in the playoffs, sometimes defensive games are horrible to watch. With the innovation of the trap (though it has been gutted with the new rules) those two teams are horrendous. I like a good 4-3 game, especially in overtime.

Baseball- 3 out of 4 times, I love a defensive nailbiter. I love when a shutout is on the line, or when one run can win it. But every so often, I love seeing all the men get to the plate in an inning.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back